drive shaft problem or CV problem?

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
can anyone help me? i need opinion here..everytime i turn the steering wheel and press the accelerator pedal, there is this tak tak tak....sound coming but no vibration of any sort...if the drive shaft have problem is it possible to repair or replace with a new one? or is there problem with the CV joint?

weikhee86

Known Member
Dec 10, 2005
Kuala Lumpur
thanks guys...btw, anyone knows how much it would cost to replace CV joint? not cheap rite? btw, i drive a proton

ler

Known Member
Nov 23, 2004
KL/SEL
pls oso check your adsober rubber top mounting..maybe it tears ..it happen to me be4...

johnsmith

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
Visit site
weikhee86 said:
thanks guys...btw, anyone knows how much it would cost to replace CV joint? not cheap rite? btw, i drive a proton
not sure if proton sell the cv joint itself, but if they do, maybe RM100 or so...or somewhere near there. that is for proton saga, wira range but if perdana, i don't think it is around there. maybe double? the price above is for one side only. you might need to change both sides (L/R). if centre giving sound (not likely), you might need to change the centre.

if they don't sell the cv itself, you need to buy the whole shaft which will be costly. nearly RM1k for both sides.

good luck:regular_smile:

johnsmith

Known Member
Mar 26, 2005
Visit site
xtorm said:
hmm....how abt 'tok' sound when ever i turn my steering, it only happen after my car is park for some times, bcos of the spring?
spring normally don't give that sound. i guess it is the brake pad is gripping the rotor. it could be your rotor wrap or disk pad uneven wear caused the brake pads gripping the rotor harder than normal and this cause tok sound when you park your car too long.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Is it very limited information that i have about 4g93t GDI.
Because its dashboard & engine with Turbo is attractive to me.

Im not require a high performance engine, 160hp Waja is enough for me.
So, 4g93t gsr is out of my consideration (because i really like the GDI dashboard)

Some forum, people say that it is worth to transplant 4g93t GDI to Waja.
But some say that spare part is expensive or rare.

Im a student who just finish study, and working now.
Im still consider about...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience