doctor's ride undergoes treatment

zckid

Known Member
Feb 28, 2012
Mauritius
Doctor’s ride undergoes treatment.

Doctors are an indispensible constituent of our society. We need them for advice and tips for a healthier life, to attend to our health problems should they arise.

Recently, I received the visit of a doctor’s… car! She would have a new owner, and I was to prepare for it for new owner, not a full detail but a deep interior cleaning, some spot buffing on the paint and a full correction on the alloy wheels.

The car was washed before moving to the interior. The washing pics to follow shortly. It’s a beige interior :banghead:, so prone to dirt. The car does is 7 years old yet she hasn’t yet come across something known as “cleaning”. Seats were removed to facilitate cleaning, completely removed, covers taken off for heavy cleaning.

Close inspection

The rear stop light

The back

Under the rear seats

Under the boot lid

The carpet

After some initial cleaning, this will be revisited. The steamer is on, waiting for it to be ready. I’m vacuuming the interior but having a careful look outside to see if my 3-year young manager is lurking around.

I had to stop… see my vacuum hose lying inside

Blood stains on the carpet behind the driver’s seat…. These were mine!

Flaked off…. :bawling: Me need to see doctor now…. Skin+flesh coat gone!

Irreversible damage… No polymers for skin! :banghead::bawling:

After some dressing… I’m lacking the pics as it’s difficult to use the steamer and shoot at the same time.

Some end pics

The rag towel

The windows

The carpet

front panel

The seatbelt

The roof

The doors

Xtreme dirt gone :wavey: Not fit for Xtreme doctor's car :rofl:

This is the clean-vapor kit, steamer and extractor, smiling vacuum at the back!
Got to repair the extractor, no power! Had to use the vacuum!

The end work after several hours

Very cool car you would say! :driver:

Stay tuned to know… as many of you have testified ... how looks can be deceiving!

Thanks for being with me, ur comments and thoughts are most appreciated.

It's one year since I met the Sifus, it's a way to celebrate again :cheers: i miss you so much

take care

Zaid

Last edited:

zckid

Known Member
Feb 28, 2012
Mauritius
Great work !! how much do you charge for the job? can you quote me a price for Gen2 and hyundai getz?
Thanks for kind words and interest bro. For sure I'd :love: to do your cars' interior, but for me it will mean :hmmmm: travelling this much

Anyway contact my bro, KC. He's in KL. He'll show you how to do it. With a little passion, you'll do it better than me. :driver:

take care:wavey:

Zaid

zckid

Known Member
Feb 28, 2012
Mauritius
Thanks for your likes buddies. Much appreciated :love:

Here is an update on the paintwork, not yet posted getting a very bad wrist pain (RSI syndrome).

It’s not a full correction though as the car is going to be sold.

I had to move to my in-laws’ place to carry out the buffing, it was too rainy at my place

The best light was amongst us, thanks God! So, let’s see how sweet paint was, I mean swirled!

Close-up

Extreme close-up

The roof

The vertical panels

Remember from where we left, cool car!

Looks are deceiving very often! :bawling: The reality is different.

Every section was more or less the same, added to the numerous RIDS (the paint is a soft one too). The ride is full of decals so I attacked the most obvious areas: the hood, the front wings and bumper. The rest of the car got a coat of glaze.

Products used:

Some towels
Pads: LC wool, white and black
Polish: Uber Clay, Menz 203s. Megs #80, Menz PG, Menz PO85rd, Optimum ONR

Looks can be deceiving! Beware! The Johnson bottles are just my dispensers :rofl:

Rinse & Clay

Buffing the usual way,

Compounding: Menz PG S34A, LC wool pad + Makita (Used M#80 to lubricate the pad) It works for me, but pad need cleaning on the fly after each section.

RIDS became apparent

Wet-sanded 2000 grit,

Buffed again with Menz 203s, LC white + Makita (Flex for the bumper). RIDS are gone, clarity and depth improved.

I refined with Menz PO85rd, Flex/Makita. Stone chips were visible, in fact the very first thing that others would see, but out of focus for me, due to the depth and gloss restored, (:listen: I’ve been seeing only swirls and scratches)

Some 50/50

Some sun shots
Sun was shy

Back Home Sweet Home or Wet Home

Finishing pics

The Siamese chair

The Flex in the aquarium

Close-up

Close-up

On the way :driver:

My favourite

i'll update the wheels very soon

Thanks for reading, your comments and thoughts are welcome as always

Cheers :wavey:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

guys,

i sprayed my car not long ago and now there are some particels of what seem
to be something like .. you know when you spray then some of the spray flies
to the air ? well, my windscreen and my windows has some of it.
And its really annoying. Is there any product i can use to remove it ?

Thanks in adv.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience