Do Ultra Racing Bars increase Car Safety?

ace7

ace7

Jun 30, 2014
Penang
Hi guys,
  1. Do Ultra Racing bars increase car safety? Safety of a car like SAGA SV?
  2. Do they decrease comfort of a car like SAGA SV?

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Truth is, any answer you get for question 1 is probably crapshoot, reason being nobody did any controlled environment tests like NCAP to confirm that Ultra Racing bars really do increase car safety or they merely change the deformity of the car during a crash.

As for 2. I don't know about Saga, but similar products did not reduce comfort for other cars.

boyzone

2,000 RPM

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Hi guys,
No idea on the safety but improve on handling on my Satria, Putra & Gen 2.

2,000 RPM

2,000 RPM
Feb 10, 2005
installed rear arb on my ex-civic ef 2 door before, increased stability a lot, previously very scared going downhill at semantan, after installed improved a lot

TheDuckster

Known Member

TheDuckster

Known Member
Jun 18, 2014
Kuala Lumpur
forum.lowyat.net
Hi guys,
it will not improve safety. it's meant to modify handling characteristics, not safety. Example: less body roll, "responsive" handling, etc. As for comfort, some like the stock handling, some like the more responsive type.
your call.

or you can trust this shady website
Ultra Racing Strut Bar Safety Aspect, Ultra Racing Home Page, Ultra Racing Strut Bar, Ultra Racing Stabilizer Bars, Ultra Racing Strut Bars, Ultra Racing Front Strut Bars, Ultra Racing Front Lower Arm Bars, Ultra Racing Front Lower Braces, Ultra Raci

Last edited:

ace7

ace7

Jun 30, 2014
Penang
it will not improve safety. it's meant to modify handling characteristics, not safety. Example: less body roll, "responsive" handling, etc. As for comfort, some like the stock handling, some like the more responsive type.
your call.

or you can trust this shady website
Ultra Racing Strut Bar Safety Aspect, Ultra Racing Home Page, Ultra Racing Strut Bar, Ultra Racing Stabilizer Bars, Ultra Racing Strut Bars, Ultra Racing Front Strut Bars, Ultra Racing Front Lower Arm Bars, Ultra Racing Front Lower Braces, Ultra Raci
The links you provided have the same pictures that Ultra Racing themselves have pasted on their own website.

Chassis Friendly | Ultra Racing

They have a whole page on their website that explains how it makes the car safer.

But I guess without some tests they are just stories or anecdotal evidence.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Kenny from UR got into a massive accident in his old Satria GTI that was kitted out with the whole range of UR bars. One of the things that saved him from getting into a lot of trouble was the room bar which transferred the side impact damage from one side of the cabin to the other rather than transferring the impact to the cabin itself. It damn near saved his girlfriends life.

But in the right conditions, the exact opposite is possible too since the bars change the crash characteristics of the car. Like fender bars alter how stiff the front end of the car is so a head on collision may not be so pretty.

And if you think stiffening up a cars chassis is going to make the car more comfortable you're in for a rude surprise.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
your call.
Car become more stable, driver go faster and in the end becomes less safe.....hahahhaha:rofl:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Car become more stable, driver go faster and in the end becomes less safe.....hahahhaha:rofl:
I think that's the reason why some did mention that Ultra Racing bars are not safe and in fact caused the car to lose control?

So would it be more likely be the bars improve the handling but drivers became too confident with it and went beyond the limit of what the Ultra Racing Bars are capable of doing?

I believe there are limits to most man made things

beatnik

500 RPM

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
I think that's the reason why some did mention that Ultra Racing bars are not safe and in fact caused the car to lose control?
make sense, for example, if one install rear roll bar with bigger diameter than the front, there is a chance for oversteer.

most 'bars' on the market are meant for improving the structural rigidity. 'safety' is probably an added benefit (if any).

i don't see big names like cusco, j's racing, do-luck ever advertise their chassis braces as safety equipments, so probably "safety" is used as a marketing ploy :listen:
just saying.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
make sense, for example, if one install rear roll bar with bigger diameter than the front, there is a chance for oversteer.

most 'bars' on the market are meant for improving the structural rigidity. 'safety' is probably an added benefit (if any).

i don't see big names like cusco, j's racing, do-luck ever advertise their chassis braces as safety equipments, so probably "safety" is used as a marketing ploy :listen:
just saying.
Cusco, not cheap I think. UR some say overated or just sales gimmick saying that their bars saved an EVO from being torn apart from the crash and driver is safe because of the bars. :hmmmm2:

YYC

1,500 RPM

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Bars for safety is controversial la. Only rollcage gives both safety and handling.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
mainly increase chassiss rigidness...

it may helps abit on safety factor...but dont expect much....

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Bars for safety is controversial la. Only rollcage gives both safety and handling.
But some said rollcage is illegal because it may end up something that kills the driver instead if it snaps?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
But some said rollcage is illegal because it may end up something that kills the driver instead if it snaps?
not because of snapped rollcage...

but more towards the rollcage became metal tumbler inside your car....there is reason why race car must use crash helmets and minimum 4point harness with bucket seat....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Forumers
Can anyone suggest a reputable place to get an exhaust manifold? Mine would not be an off the shelf item, so the shop would have to make one. Please also comment on the pricing. Thank you very much.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience