DIY Stock MyVi & Alza 1.5 Heat Shield

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
Can wrap them in the aluminum foil like mine. Buy from RM5 shop.....:biggrin:
one concern about wrapping in aluminium foil is heat soak...since itll be bombarded with hot air from the radiator fan....and aluminium is a good heat conductor (n heat dissipator).

there exists a possibility that the foil will be heated up enough to melt the plastic... or mebbe make it super flimsy

or am i being too anal? hahaha... mebbe wrap with insuflex first then only alu foil la hahahah

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
one concern about wrapping in aluminium foil is heat soak...since itll be bombarded with hot air from the radiator fan....and aluminium is a good heat conductor (n heat dissipator).

there exists a possibility that the foil will be heated up enough to melt the plastic... or mebbe make it super flimsy

or am i being too anal? hahaha... mebbe wrap with insuflex first then only alu foil la hahahah
I think no need worry...aluminum is a good conductor but highly resistant to radiant heat. Its always wrap with aluminum first then only insulflex then only the plastic or cardboard.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
sorry kacau this thread. But thisis another simple mod done on my myvi. fresh air to combustion chamber.

bro, why ur pipe make a long u-turn?

can't make it shorter?

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Looking good... !!!
Great Job guys!!

Your variations looked so much better and more effective

Apr 16, 2018
My family car is an Alza. I drive it weekends to fetch whole family of 3 generations to meals and shopping. My Parents + my sister + my son... It's a great economical car... trust me, it is very valued for money.

However, I realized driving on hot weather, aircon is not as cold and the engine is sluggish. A little peek under the hood, the answer was revealed.

The Air box intake pipe is in the engine compartment and it is sucking hot air from inside the engine bay. I guess this design is from Japan where during winter, it is taking warm air to prevent throttle body from freezing.

Also realised that the Aircon piping are HOT on both the H and L pipings as soon as I cut off the engine for around 5mins.

Checking my garage, I found this piece of heat shield I took out from my EvoX's Open Pod Heat Shield project. It's a industrial plastic material used widely for advertisement boards. It resist heat well and will not melt easily. (It survived 3 months in a Turbocharged engine)

Here's the picture of the heat shield in place. Just slot it in after you cut it to shape. I was very lucky as it is the same shape as the design I traced out for my EvoX project, only thing is in the Alza, I only use exactly half of it.
Do ensure that the heat shield had some curved front part towards the grill to help scoop cold air into the intake compartment.
Cable tie it to keep it in place... However I find it already fitting tightly and perfectly.

A closer look. The heat shield nicely compartmentalize the hot area from the Intake area and the Air Con piping. The intake pipe will only be sucking in cold air and fresh from this part of the engine bay

-----

Did a 30 KM drive after this DIY. The difference is felt by everyone in the car. Car accelerated smoother and easier after traffic light stops. Air Con cools down faster and have to turn the thermostat down a little...

Raya is coming and many will be traveling and traffic jams will be unavoidable. Try this little DIY that will give you and your family a more comfortable traveling experience (also to give a little power to your car instead of sucking hot air)
Hi im new member here n im found this is very good information for me. Sadly i cant see any picture on your post as it was 2013 maybe. If u dont mind cud u pls repost the picture again to know the exactly location.. thnks so much

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi im new member here n im found this is very good information for me. Sadly i cant see any picture on your post as it was 2013 maybe. If u dont mind cud u pls repost the picture again to know the exactly location.. thnks so much
Might actually be easier to ask your question again so people can re-share

Reactions: Syazlee
Jan 4, 2019
My family car is an Alza. I drive it weekends to fetch whole family of 3 generations to meals and shopping. My Parents + my sister + my son... It's a great economical car... trust me, it is very valued for money.

However, I realized driving on hot weather, aircon is not as cold and the engine is sluggish. A little peek under the hood, the answer was revealed.

The Air box intake pipe is in the engine compartment and it is sucking hot air from inside the engine bay. I guess this design is from Japan where during winter, it is taking warm air to prevent throttle body from freezing.

Also realised that the Aircon piping are HOT on both the H and L pipings as soon as I cut off the engine for around 5mins.

Checking my garage, I found this piece of heat shield I took out from my EvoX's Open Pod Heat Shield project. It's a industrial plastic material used widely for advertisement boards. It resist heat well and will not melt easily. (It survived 3 months in a Turbocharged engine)

Here's the picture of the heat shield in place. Just slot it in after you cut it to shape. I was very lucky as it is the same shape as the design I traced out for my EvoX project, only thing is in the Alza, I only use exactly half of it.
Do ensure that the heat shield had some curved front part towards the grill to help scoop cold air into the intake compartment.
Cable tie it to keep it in place... However I find it already fitting tightly and perfectly.

A closer look. The heat shield nicely compartmentalize the hot area from the Intake area and the Air Con piping. The intake pipe will only be sucking in cold air and fresh from this part of the engine bay

-----

Did a 30 KM drive after this DIY. The difference is felt by everyone in the car. Car accelerated smoother and easier after traffic light stops. Air Con cools down faster and have to turn the thermostat down a little...

Raya is coming and many will be traveling and traffic jams will be unavoidable. Try this little DIY that will give you and your family a more comfortable traveling experience (also to give a little power to your car instead of sucking hot air)
Hi , do you still have the picture of those as the above not able to show the image. Btw, will it help to reduce the heat around the battery if I wrap the battery case with aluminum label.

Thanks in advance on all inputs.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Hi , do you still have the picture of those as the above not able to show the image. Btw, will it help to reduce the heat around the battery if I wrap the battery case with aluminum label.

Thanks in advance on all inputs.
Wrapping the battery helps the battery live longer regardless. Just do it

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
my myvi battery not even 2years... dead...in the middle of the month.. g.g

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Mine 2016 and going strong. Long live Panasonic batteries

coz last time wife replace at his family house in gombak... forgot what brand battery is wet type... and charged the price of amaron green sealed type...

so this time i go for amaron instead... gonna see how long both amaron in myvi and forester going to last

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
coz last time wife replace at his family house in gombak... forgot what brand battery is wet type... and charged the price of amaron green sealed type...

so this time i go for amaron instead... gonna see how long both amaron in myvi and forester going to last
Wow! like that kena potong very sharp. Usually unbranded non mf cheaper by a lot

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Bro/Sifu,

My Kancil got this problem just after doing the top overhaul of my Engine. Went into the same pomen/mechanic and he said something about oil seal leak etc. after all that he had done, its still leaking. my last drive just 2300km and the indicator warning already on. need second opinion from other sifu out there.

TQ for your reply.
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience