DIY Starter Interupter

kruger

500 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
A.Setar
Found this on the net, planning to diy this starter interupter that consist of relay and a few wiring. Need info on you guys, to do it or not to do it, coz my cars don't have any immobilizer mar... Well here is the details that i would like to share with you guys, don't know if this topic was posted before or not...

Normally Closed Starter Kill Relay:
The basic starter kill relay diagram shown below, breaks continuity of the lead from the ignition switch to the starter motor (or in some cases i.e.; Ford, to another relay), when the alarm is armed and the ignition is turned on. This is the most commonly used application for disabling the starter. (Ref Picture 1)

Normally Open Starter Kill:
This normally open starter kill relay application below relies on a ground from the alarm when disarmed and 12 volts (+) from the ignition to enable the driver to start the vehicle. * Note: most alarms with this feature will not provide this grounded output when power ,12 volts (+), to the alarm is not present, even if the alarm is grounded. (Ref Picture 2)

Passive Starter Kill:
This is a stand alone starter kill. It does not rely on an alarm or keyless entry for it to work, only a simple momentary contact switch (normally open) to deactivate it. Every time the ignition is turned off, continuity is broken on the starter feed wire. To disable (or start), turn ignition on, then press the hidden switch, then start as normal. (Ref Picture 3)

You can substitute the switch with a number of others devices such as the amp turn on lead of your head unit. Be sure to isolate it with at least a 1 amp diode. Turn the key to the run position. Allow the head unit to come on or turn it on. Now start the vehicle. If you connected to the power antenna lead, make sure the tuner is on. If you have a pullout or detachable face head unit, your vehicle will not start without it. (Ref Picture 4)

If you wish to use a device such as your horn, but do not want the horn to sound when you deactivate the starter kill, yet still work when driving, you can use the same configuration above on both the horn and the starter lead as shown below. The starter kill is deactivated by the positive output of the vehicle's horn relay and the horn's interrupt is deactivated by the positive output of the starter lead from the key. You could substitute the horn with other devices such as parking lights, brake lights, etc. where you do not want it to be obvious that you used the device to disable the starter kill. (Ref Picture 5)

So guys, better make witch one ha???? :D

kruger

500 RPM
Feb 16, 2005
A.Setar
don't be drunk ler... hehehe :) just choose which one is the best lar...

aazul

Known Member
Jul 1, 2004
ayyyooo.pick the best one laaah...ppl dunno which one is right one to use....

cacin

1,000 RPM
Mar 9, 2005
Penang
Visit site
nice :)

Very interesting stuff. I also saw once a DIY immobiliser. Maybe I'll try to post when i find it. :)

ProPower

Jun 18, 2004
Penang
Visit site
wow!! execellent staff ya got there, bro.

d3s

500 RPM
May 1, 2005
KL
Well... bassically.. u jux need 1 relay... to do that.. any1 play with relay b4 will know how it works... :p

chinozie

Very Young Member... :D
Jul 5, 2004
Damansara
4age20v.blogsome.com
http://www.zerotohundred.com/newforums/attachment.php?attachmentid=31251
passive starter kill...
althought i've my own stater DIY button...but im interested in making this one...becoz much more safety n maybe more easy to start due to the relay...

but the problem is...
i) what do they mean by "key side of starter" ???
ii) "motor side of starter" what about this...???

Last edited:

d3s

500 RPM
May 1, 2005
KL
well... actually u jux need a relay will do... not need 2 relay..

darkbob

Known Member
Dec 8, 2004
Johor Bahry
this is actually a GOOD DIY To do..

even though the thief has ur keys and remote

they do not KNOW how to START the CAr :D

that is just the beauty of it... :D it could be anything.. the horn, the Radio, :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi guys, I need help in locating a RED PROTON PERSONA / GEN2 with the license plate bearing NBW/MBW 9772, was involved in a hit and run accident last night about 2am. The accident happened at the traffic lights at Subang Parade, it was raining about that time and the Red Proton was driving too fast along that stretch and was heard screeching its tires before impact involving 2 other cars at standstill awaiting red to turn green.

Any information regarding this incident please please PM me...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience