DIY Scramble Boost Controller

Jun9970

Nov 22, 2003
Dun flame me, i'm a noob + i haven't come accross anyone who has done it yet.

ANyway,

After looking at the GFB boost controller, it dawned upon me that it might be do-able for less than RM200. ie two preset levels of boost (ie stock n high).

How does it work?

For certain mitsubishi fuel injection cars, the air-cond idling valve is moounted on the throttlebody. After some time it tends to fail. This results in the car dying off when the air cond is on during normal driving (especially during gearshifts). Instead of trying to replace this valve which can be costly, mechanics often use an auxiliary solenoid (FICD) to compensate and circumvent the faulty stock unit. It costs about rm200 n is manufactured by Nippon Denso. What it actually is, is a simple magnetic solenoid which allows vacum or boost to bypass a valve. it has a knob on it 2 control the amount of vacuum or boost n is usually wired to the air-cond compressor, triggering when the compressor is working.

Can we plug this in between the turbo actuator hose (ie same place as a manual boost controller, fish tank valve) n wire it 2 a switch in the passenger compartment?

works based on the same principle as aftermarket boost controllers, whereby it allows boost 2 leak, thereby tricking the turbine wastegate actuator into opening later n hence creating a higher boost.

feedback pls. Thanks

sylver'sAD

Known Member
Oct 20, 2004
i think the one u mention might not can handle the pressure..
it also only controling the amout of vacum but not the pressure..
(correct me if i'm wrong).. u can find variety of solenoid valve and pressure controller at the mechanical shop..
as for me.. i'm using 2(the cheepers) air flow valve to control the valve..
one is for stock and the other for the gila boost... theheh... and using one switch in the middle of those.. theheheheh... left stock,right gilaa one...

don't shoot me also.. i'm new also.. and with low budget...
:D :D

sylver'sAD

Known Member
Oct 20, 2004
aiyaa... i don't afford to buy digital camera la.. also no money to buy the camera handphone...theheheheh... but ..i'll try..

sylver'sAD

Known Member
Oct 20, 2004
hurmmm...but need money for raya lor...

sylver'sAD

Known Member
Oct 20, 2004
theheheh...who sez so... got 2 kid already.. wife also want new cloth..
new interior somemore.... huh...my hair is going to botak already..