DIY projects

jasonlel

Known Member

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
Rattle plastic? Cracking sound? Solution is here....

Rattle plastic? Cracking sound? Solution is here....

1. Remove all plastic panels. Be careful not to destroy it as I think it should be fragile.

2. Time to respray it to desire color.

3. Before you install it back, use a 3M tape (those thick tape with sponge type) and tape it at the edge of the plastic. To act as cushioning.

Well, while doing step 3, you can add tapes at any desire spot which you think will damn the sound.

Good luck

jasonlel

Known Member

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
Fabricate broken plastic

Broken plasctic? Well, you dont need to scratch your head and try to source the whole new/used plastic panel again. Help is here...

Buy epoxy putty, follow the given instruction on how to use it. Use correct amount and fabricate it. Viola!!!!

Good luck.

Alchemis

1,000 RPM

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
how come i didn't realise there's this thread..... maybe i missed it.

jasonlel

Known Member

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
Lumpy idle or low rev jerk? Solution is here

Lumpy idle or low rev jerk? Solution is here. Try to look at the TPS settings. Work for me and Jim aka donKey.

Cheers,
Jason X

Alchemis

1,000 RPM

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
dude.. which site got the TPS information... the fd3s.net one very vague... difficult to understand....

jasonlel

Known Member

jasonlel

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Johor Bahru
Visit site
Noisy cabin?

Noisy cabin? Well most probably the noise comes from the gear box console. Solution to this problem is, take out the plastic console and apply a layer of insulation material. Try to cover as much area as possible. After that, viola... quiet cabin, or at least better than last time...

Cheers,
Jason X

Alchemis

1,000 RPM

Alchemis

1,000 RPM
Dec 13, 2005
in my car it's the rear bushings... the center console as long as the brackets are still around, it's basically quiet...

the other alternative.. change a downpipe, midpipe and a large exhaust... those noises are basically nothing anymore.... :)

keisukosan

Known Member

keisukosan

Known Member
Aug 18, 2006
got anyone try install super charge inside rotary?:driver:

Bump: got anyone try install super charge inside rotary?:driver:

savahn

Known Member

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
Not likely in Malaysia. Such mods are very expensive here. In oz, there is a Motec employee who built a super-turbo-charged FD. Not sure how that went though. Supercharger helps spool the turbo, reduces lag but the price is expected to be quite high - especially if attempted in Malaysia with our ridiculous weak ringgit and stupid excise duties.

Rotaries are ideal for turbocharging due to the "pulsing" nature of the exhaust. With a weak low end, adding a supercharger may not have much benefit. Furthermore, superchargers run very hot - apparently. Since rotaries already run very hot, adding both would mean seriously uprating the cooling system.

keisukosan

Known Member

keisukosan

Known Member
Aug 18, 2006
When can i see the super turbo charge fd pic?u got the website?those rotary can make it more low temp went runs the rotor?anyone make it b4?:driver:

savahn

Known Member

savahn

Known Member
Feb 16, 2007
Dear Keisukesan,

you ask a lot of questions that are best answered by your best friend... google.com

And please read my post properly, your questions already answered.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

As you can see from the heavily shrouded example of what looks to be the latest Mitsubishi Mirage, currently being sold in the Thailand market, we were lucky to spot this test vehicle at the Saujana area that was about to be towed back to Mitsubishi HQ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience