[DIY] Oil catch tank

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
i don't recommend what I did with the fuel filter. I found out later that it deformed and ended up clogging the inlet. It made it a lot worse. Better to use a proper OCT canister.
You mean the whole filter deformed? I am still running them on my Hyundai and VR, Changed them somewhere last year after a few years of use...lol

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Vacuum is too strong. If the filter is always dry then its ok. Once the filter is wet with oil (which it will) this will cause it harder to suck thru the filter and the air will pressure will crush the filter.
It's not the vacuum that kills it, it's the heat.

Ahh..I see. Definitely do not want it to cause more problems than benefits. In that case, do you have any OCT canister to recommend? For MyVI, is something like this good enough?

This one is pretty damn good! Baffled inside and no irritating indicator which'll leak. Looks expensive - where'd you get this?

You mean the whole filter deformed? I am still running them on my Hyundai and VR, Changed them somewhere last year after a few years of use...lol
I guess you got a good one. The ones I used were melty

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Apparently it's a famous brand, Mishimoto. Can get it for around RM70 from Shopee.
https://shopee.com.my/Mishimoto-Com...h-Can-2-Port-Universal-i.108284019.1707143912

I think it's worth the investment as it's only 1 time installation only.
Erm.. if it's an ori Mishimoto then it wouldn't be RM70 only. But I guess for that price you can't really go wrong since an OCT is just an OCT and doesn't need any fancy bits and bobs to work regardless ori or not. The only different is the mesh filter. With and without tbh isn't that big a difference.

abubin

Jul 13, 2006
Erm.. if it's an ori Mishimoto then it wouldn't be RM70 only. But I guess for that price you can't really go wrong since an OCT is just an OCT and doesn't need any fancy bits and bobs to work regardless ori or not. The only different is the mesh filter. With and without tbh isn't that big a difference.
Yes, that's what I thought too. Should be good enough for usage.

Another question which I can't seems to find answer. Why are some OCT comes with 3 ports?

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Maybe, In case you want to vent both. There is one going to TB, and another going to inlet manifold. I only vent the one going to TB.....

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Maybe, In case you want to vent both. There is one going to TB, and another going to inlet manifold. I only vent the one going to TB.....

i vent all of it..
-intake manifold sealed
-valve cover breather vented (x4 outlet)
-crankcase breather vented (x2 outlet)

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Overkill much? Now that your engine isn't leaking anymore you shouldn't need so much right?

thats all stock breather port...boxer engine split everything into 2 side remember?.. :biggrin:

i'm thinking to do sealed breather suction type using turbo intake...but i'm scared if there is any vaccum leak around the breather/engine block of unknown condition...

maybe try to retrofit a vaccum pump from GRB/GVB v10 unit to my advantage later...

i'm happy solved major leak issue....but there is still slight seepage at another place...will look into that later.. :driver:

abubin

Jul 13, 2006
Sorry, I have been doing other stuffs to the car and had to put the oct on hold until now. Should be doing this in a week or two. I still need to find the rubber hose which I am not sure the size. Found some gas hose used for cooking gas tank. Those transparent type. Can use? If not where to find the black color ones? Went to Ace and mrdiy both don't have suitable size.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Sorry, I have been doing other stuffs to the car and had to put the oct on hold until now. Should be doing this in a week or two. I still need to find the rubber hose which I am not sure the size. Found some gas hose used for cooking gas tank. Those transparent type. Can use? If not where to find the black color ones? Went to Ace and mrdiy both don't have suitable size.

This type of hoses might not be able to withstand oil and may deteriorate very fast. Buy those fuel/atf hoses from spare part shop....

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang

try get black hose from spare parts shop.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there sifus! I wanted to ask for my car. I just got it like couple of days ago going on 350km already on the ODOMETER.

Somehow, havent' got my 1st service yet though. Wanted to ask for advises.
Here is my plan.

1.Changing tire rims from 14" to 15", probably normal ones. Looked around a lot people say stabilizes the car and better comfort. What do you guys think? Around RM1500 with tires together.

2.Changing light weighted crank pulleys, does this improve anything? I heard it...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience