Diy Oil Catch Tank

g88

3,000 RPM
Jan 28, 2004
For Proton carb and Efi engine. Connect to where ?

johnsonlam

DIY King
Nov 17, 2003
Balik Pulau, KL
Connect to PCV valve.
The pipe is from Engine Head.. back to Manifold.

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
me also want to do

the purpose of DIY oil catch tank is to suck all the dirty oil out from the engine right?

what are the items needed? :rolleyes:

Booze

Known Member
Jan 6, 2004
My bed room "on da BED"
www.defcon.org
Originally posted by simplythebest@Feb 24 2004, 09:06 AM
me also want to do

the purpose of DIY oil catch tank is to suck all the dirty oil out from the engine right?

Suck dirty oil. how does ir works?
then the engine no oil lor :o

servo

Known Member
Jan 13, 2004
can use fuel/petrol filter also......try to get ISWARA petrol filter....quite big and nice........mine onli using honda EX5.... :D

.....uap olie yang terjebak........oil that been trapped............

simplythebest

1,500 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Selangor
Originally posted by Booze+Feb 24 2004, 09:18 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Booze @ Feb 24 2004, 09:18 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-simplythebest@Feb 24 2004, 09:06 AM
me also want to do

Suck dirty oil. how does ir works?
then the engine no oil lor :o [/b][/quote]
I'm not sure about it too :unsure:

maybe only suck the dirty part

Booze

Known Member
Jan 6, 2004
My bed room "on da BED"
www.defcon.org
Where is this engine breather air in a stock SLK?

ninja_iga

3,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2003
Visit site
the hose is from the engine block,

located (if you're in front of the car and looking at the engine) at the top left of the engine. If you're using stock airfilter, it should be attached to the airfilter container.. the hose's about 1/2" in diameter.

opening the airfilter cover, you'd see oil stains on the top left (about 10-11 o'clock position since it's a circle) and there's where the oil vapours collect.

i DIY and made my OCT and that kept my engine bay relatively clean after that. No more oily mess except if i fucked up while changing engine oil..

cheers!

servo

Known Member
Jan 13, 2004
Originally posted by ninja_iga@Feb 24 2004, 06:12 PM
the hose is from the engine block,

located (if you're in front of the car and looking at the engine) at the top left of the engine. If you're using stock airfilter, it should be attached to the airfilter container.. the hose's about 1/2" in diameter.

opening the airfilter cover, you'd see oil stains on the top left (about 10-11 o'clock position since it's a circle) and there's where the oil vapours collect.

i DIY and made my OCT and that kept my engine bay relatively clean after that. No more oily mess except if i fucked up while changing engine oil..

cheers!
ninja bro....is there any oil that been trapped inside the OCT???...b'coz what..last time i'm also tapped OCT on that side.....but there nothing...la....until i found out what is PCV valve.... :D ...i've done experimental on that hose.....it only splash a small amount of engine oil when u rev....at idling and constant rev...it will suck a small amount of air to the engine rocker cover(engine breather)...just have tested on it....cover the hose with plastic bag...make sure it no leaking....start the engine and c what happen to the plastic bag.....it suck the plastic bag la(venturi effect)...not blow away air...only when u rev abit...the plastic bag will 'kembang' a bit onli.....just have a test on it.....dis'just my 2 cent..bro.... ;)

servo

Known Member
Jan 13, 2004
Originally posted by ninja_iga@Feb 25 2004, 11:56 AM
Kancil no PCV valve le. (at least that i know of..)
try to look on the head cover...there were small hoses isn't???connect to the carb/intake....just try to pull out the hose at the end of it(on head cover side)..leaving the other end hose connect to carb/intake.....then start the engine......put your finger at the end of the hose.....wat happen???can feel isn't.....???the carb/intake creates a vakum pressures isn't???the hose is PCV....every car have this PCV...it was the regulation for the manufacturer....something about enviromental issues........for kancil the different is doesn't have a one way valve la....maybe in the carb......whose know.. ;)

3R1C

'(00) Super Moderator
Nov 18, 2003
Kelate/Penang
3R1C-MY.Blogspot.com
Sifus,

I have an OCT with me and i'm about to install onto my B16. however i found 3 types of setup in another forum. hope you guys can tell me which one is more preferable.

type 1: (which i think should be the right way)

type 2: