DIY Joey Mod aka smoke headlights..

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
since i can't find a nice headlight for my Levin, i'm gonna do this..

but 1st.. i wanna do a test run with my spare headlights 1st.. hehe.. just in case it wouldn't be as nice as TitanRev :biggrin:

anyhow, stay tune for my 'new' headlights :biggrin:

amirmambo

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Subang Jaya
Can i just hire someone to do this for me ?? How much would it cost ?? I dont see the point in smoked headlamps its kinda idiotic from my point of view,blacking out seems like a much better alternative :)

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
My test run with the spare headlights was successful..

up next.. the real thing..

stay tune :biggrin:

amirmunzir

Jan 19, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Excellant thread!..Bro, whats the sealant brand that u guys recommend? And for neo headlight, how many tube of sealant that i need? Tq bro

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Can i just hire someone to do this for me ?? How much would it cost ?? I dont see the point in smoked headlamps its kinda idiotic from my point of view,blacking out seems like a much better alternative :)
When u say black out the headlight does it mean blacking out the whole thing that don't seems to be good as it will hinder the light output to be dimmer, don't you think so? It's just a cosmetic mod to smoke a headlights to give the car a different look. Plus if the car is old and the silver chrome stuff on certain area is fading...and it's also a chance to clean the headlights interior.:smokin:

---------- Post added at 03:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:08 PM ----------

Excellant thread!..Bro, whats the sealant brand that u guys recommend? And for neo headlight, how many tube of sealant that i need? Tq bro
I use 2 tube of sealant.

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
hahaha.. sorry guyz..

i got a little carried away.. and look what happens to my headlights..

it's not finish yet.. i got to buy a clear plastic & seal it b4 i can put it on my car

:biggrin:

Attachments

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Nice one man..

D7zul

2,000 RPM
Feb 24, 2011
Shah Alam
Thanx..

i'll post more pics after i done everything..

most probably next week

:biggrin:

FGT

500 RPM
May 19, 2007
I know it's an old thread but I have a question -- I went to a shop that do this for a fee and the guy said he can do it for the headlights but not the signal lamps. These are lamps of a Corolla AE111 btw. Perhaps you guys can shed some light on why he cannot do it on the signal lamps? Do they use a different sort of sealer for the signal lamps which is not errr...softenable?

Thanks!

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
I just want to ask... Is it okay to use back the sealant after prying it open? Because I think that would be quite a lot of effort to remove as it is sticky and gooey... I came across other DIY last time and they used their old sealant back... They reheat is and gum it back...

Any experience on what will happen if we do this?
me use back original sealant....

and to remove open i use hot water in a pail/bucket instead of hair dryer

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I know it's an old thread but I have a question -- I went to a shop that do this for a fee and the guy said he can do it for the headlights but not the signal lamps. These are lamps of a Corolla AE111 btw. Perhaps you guys can shed some light on why he cannot do it on the signal lamps? Do they use a different sort of sealer for the signal lamps which is not errr...softenable?

Thanks!
I think it's because there's no place to plaint it black because the reflector is best to leave it as it is so that if don't reduce the brightness of the signal output.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Now TR had save me some cash on changing to smoke headlights and can DIY since both also have vapor inside already.
Time to clean it and maybe smoke it with Plastidip :biggrin:

1 whole day is really a long time man.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
aiya..I whole day where got long.....you SAT and SUN also not working la....I somemore SAT still working leh bugger

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Now TR had save me some cash on changing to smoke headlights and can DIY since both also have vapor inside already.
Time to clean it and maybe smoke it with Plastidip :biggrin:

1 whole day is really a long time man.
and boring to as technically we were watching paint to dry :biggrin::sleep:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Did you know the time record on the Pikes Peak International Hill Climb Challenge is actually 10 minutes and 1 second set by Monster Tajima? Watch this video where sponsors HRE Wheels interview both their drivers Rhys Millen and Monster Tajima about how are they going to break the 10 minute record. Watch the beautiful video in action.

YouTube - ‪Chasing the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience