DIY Honda ECU Repairs- P30 P08 P27

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
thank you for your suggestion. I just switched out all of the caps and it still gives a code 14
Hi...
There are 3 caps with value 33uf 35v.
1- Have u replace with same uf value?
2- check these 3 caps -ve legs with multi meter.
There should be continuity between the -ve leg because
all are connector to ground.

Try this first .....

_firecracker

May 25, 2013
Charlotte NC
Hi...
There are 3 caps with value 33uf 35v.
1- Have u replace with same uf value?
2- check these 3 caps -ve legs with multi meter.
There should be continuity between the -ve leg because
all are connector to ground.

Try this first .....
C15, C19, and C21 were all replaced with P5549-ND from digikey, i found that on PGMFI awhile ago and ordered the set. I did not think this would be the cause of code 14 though.

My multimeter beeps on the negative leads of all those capacitors.

Jun 2, 2013
K Terengganu
Hi, newbie here...
I got problem with my P08 ecu. After start-up the engine about 1 minute, the idle go up & down about 3000 rpm. I was using P08 for hondata. I checked on pin A9 with multimeter the voltage start decreasing from 12v to 1.5v cause my IACV open. I already swap with 2nd hand IACV got from halfcut. I swap with original ECU the problem went off. Any ideas? Thank in advance

levin818

1,000 RPM
Nov 29, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
thanks, i tried this as well and still code 14
I am doubt its the components issue. Try clean up your board with high quality thinner, remove ALL dirty residual that reside in between the pins.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

If problem still exist, mean that you have disconnection in you IAC circuitry due to corrosion. You need to trace it with great patient.

fazrul80

Apr 18, 2013
kedah
hi Bro,
Hi.....
Sorry to ask..
i'm already change all caps, c16, c17, Q3 E, IC12 and QM3...
when i test to my car CEL lights goes off after 2 seconds but car won't start... when i checked, the main relay just sound for 1 click and no 2nd clicks...it's coz fuel pump not primes..when i change another main relay it's just same symptom....
any advise bro? tq...

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Oppss...sorry not IC12 but IC17 (TA8903SN)....it's P27 T00 ecu...
TQ in advance....

E-Tech

Jun 28, 2005
Johor
hi Bro,
Hi.....
Sorry to ask..
i'm already change all caps, c16, c17, Q3 E, IC12 and QM3...
when i test to my car CEL lights goes off after 2 seconds but car won't start... when i checked, the main relay just sound for 1 click and no 2nd clicks...it's coz fuel pump not primes..when i change another main relay it's just same symptom....
any advise bro? tq...

---------- Post added at 12:14 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:54 AM ----------

Oppss...sorry not IC12 but IC17 (TA8903SN)....it's P27 T00 ecu...
TQ in advance....
Pictures pls... And recheck your qm3.... Did you damage the trace when replacing it?

_firecracker

May 25, 2013
Charlotte NC
Yup..... 2SC2240 =C2240
I just got the part in, however the picture you showed me of Q37 is not from my ECU or even one with the same board. Q37 is not a 2240 transistor. Did you mean Q38 on the 1980 board?

I am doubt its the components issue. Try clean up your board with high quality thinner, remove ALL dirty residual that reside in between the pins.

---------- Post added at 06:28 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:19 PM ----------

If problem still exist, mean that you have disconnection in you IAC circuitry due to corrosion. You need to trace it with great patient.
I will check and retouch some solder joints

_firecracker

May 25, 2013
Charlotte NC

removing the corrosion fixed it, thank you.

fazrul80

Apr 18, 2013
kedah
Hi Bro E-tech...
Sorry for late reply .. I recently returned from a course ..
I've checked all the trace with a multimeter. all relevant trace has continuity... i dunno what's the problem..
this my p27 ecu...

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hwl hi-lo/soft-hard izit good for proton satria??

n wat's the price for the product??

thx for comment..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience