DIY engine bay detailing

cheewin88

Nov 12, 2005
Shah Alam
Hi guys, i'm not in automotive line and did some survey over internet about it... at first i feel like try keep my engine bay looks clean and not so messy but failed:banghead: and i'm not rich and really can't afford to send my car over garage to do it. Most of it i'll DIY by myself without over my budget.... Here's some picture...picture tells a thousand words :biggrin:

Here's my old nissan sunny 130y :driver:

Before i done anythings on it

After DIY re-located my battery but still look messy and.......:hmmmm:

So I decided to go all wire out and do a full wire tuck and change my engine bay colour.

Tools:
Cheap china Car Jack
spanner and socket set
Hammer
Screw Driver Set

*Be patient*

Moved most of the engine parts

Need:
Degreaser (Bought it with ah nen car wash) = RM10
Sand Paper(600/800) = RM 5
3 x (Primer) Can Spray = RM24
4 x (Colour) Can Spray = RM40
3 x (Clear) Can Spray = RM30
2 x Masking Tape = rm 5
*Time*

it take some time to clean it up and sand it nicely.

Here's my First Layer of Primer(a lot of part did not spray)
Make sure cover up those part that don't need to spray and tape it up.

After few layers of primer and dry it up... is time to paint it red and clean coat
every layer took 15min to 20min to dry it

once every single corner is dry...remove all papers and tape.
here's de result

My paint job sucks, it took me a lot of time to do it

Will update later~

Last edited:

cheewin88

Nov 12, 2005
Shah Alam
did u removed the engine from the bottom? what types of china jack can raise ur car so high?
Yea,removed from bottom...small engine and gearbox.
i borrowed car stand from my friend to hold my car so that remove every parts that attach on the engine. For Gearbox is heavy to me, so i lift it down with rope(Front bar help alot)
Left de engine cylinder head and engine block. i put a piece wood between car jack and hold it before remove all engine mounting. Lucky one of my friend came over to give me a hand:biggrin:

If not high enough i'll put wood on it.

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
How long did it take u to finish d project?btw very good work...kudos to u (n ur fren)...

cheewin88

Nov 12, 2005
Shah Alam
How long did it take u to finish d project?btw very good work...kudos to u (n ur fren)...
not sure how long gonna take it:confused:, because still looking for my engine internal parts, can't get it around KL... i disassembly my engine already, need to overhaul it.this engine already 20years old and never been overhaul before, better do it one shot.

It took me 2 days to remove everything from engine bay, 2 days clean up and sand it and 1 days to spray it on.:biggrin:

fazidk

3,000 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Thanx for d insight bro...how bout d wire tucking? How long it wld take u to do it...on average??

PocketRocket

'(00) Mod'er
Helmet Clan
Nov 28, 2004
Up Yours
I used to have a 130Y but damn...turbo? hehehe...Good stuff on DIY-ing wire tuck! Very rare i see ppl diy major stuff on their cars here. i've a friend in UK he rebuilds own B-series and VW engines and wrap whole car one man show. You'll surely learn a lot from this experience that money can't buy. *must follow this thread*

cheewin88

Nov 12, 2005
Shah Alam
I used to have a 130Y but damn...turbo? hehehe...Good stuff on DIY-ing wire tuck! Very rare i see ppl diy major stuff on their cars here. i've a friend in UK he rebuilds own B-series and VW engines and wrap whole car one man show. You'll surely learn a lot from this experience that money can't buy. *must follow this thread*
Yea man..... :cheers:
Really learn a lot from this....
Even my friend at UK also did the same. They always rebuild and fix their car in *DIY* style and guide others in their forum. Always kena racun from them. That's de reason i wanted to fix it by myself.

Wonder how long it takes to just wire tuck bro...
Erm... Gonna be a long way to go~:nurse:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

HI there all

jz ask u technical questions about the wira se car..im using stock 4g15 manual engine bought my car 4 months old..still brand new....

i wanted to mod to 4G's T engine dun care VR4, GSR or EVO1,2,3.....my questions is if i jz transplant the engine+ecu+wiring(or even +GB) ...do i need to change the radiator+aircond radiator to its own original respective engine?...or can i jz used stock wira radiator&aircond radiator?....

what about the power stereng pump?...aircond...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience