DIY Door Rubber Seals

a31gtst

500 RPM
May 27, 2004
Anyone done this before? Besides ordering from manufacturer, any one know where to get the rubber seal in a roll or bulk where you can just cut to your required length?

Advise much appreciated...
Cant afford to pay an arm and a leg for the ori one!!

Cheers

khguan

4,000 RPM
Aug 17, 2004
Seri Kembangan
fotopic.net
i dun think all cars' rubber seal are the same...

some are not come in rolls... some they come in an endless rubber seal.. meaning no end... it is joined like a circle....

i'm not so familiar with rubber seals stuff for cars.... but one thing i can say is... when dealing with rubber stuffs... go for originals... as rubber will degrade over time n under the heat n UV from the sun... most ciplak rubbers will get hard or crack very fast...

jswong

Known Member
Dec 30, 2004
the rubber seals on doors are usually one-piece, doesn't come in a roll for us to measure and cut.

That's because the rubber itself is in the shape of the door frame, for a proper fit. They're held in place with clips on most parts, and adhesive in certain sections.

If you use a generic rubber tubing, the fit might not be so good and you might have to use adhesive all the way to hold it in place.

simefly

Known Member
Apr 12, 2005
what happen to your existing rubber??? If you still have those in hand, you can always opt for rubber grease... it can help prolong the life of the rubber. If the rubber gets flatten (ie esp door rubber seals), then you can get bitumen or silicone to pump it... Slice a hole and shove those stuff in, then treat it with some good rubber grease.

Just remember that rubber is made part synthetic part organic and moisturise it is always good like your skin.