DIY: Changing Myvi Disc Rotor... solves the judder problem when braking.

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Shoji brand isn't that good IMHO. I bought a pair from sparepart shop before myvi 1.5 rotor (17mm) on RM140. Correct me on the size if i'm wrong. The rotor very fast wrap again paired with IMP platinum brake pads. Now using halfcut OEM myvi rotor.

@Dark bro, you install myvi 1.3L rotor (15mm) or new myvi rotor?

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Shoji brand isn't that good IMHO. I bought a pair from sparepart shop before myvi 1.5 rotor (17mm) on RM140. Correct me on the size if i'm wrong. The rotor very fast wrap again paired with IMP platinum brake pads. Now using halfcut OEM myvi rotor.

Bro, its warp. I see, my Father's innova also Shoji.
Japanese brand, made in Malaysia?

jerrysiow

Known Member
Jan 3, 2012
Seremban
Bro, its warp. I see, my Father's innova also Shoji.
Japanese brand, made in Malaysia?
Ya, Jap brand but made in tomyamland if not mistaken. The price is quite attractive as below RM150 per pair compare to OEM where you need to pay around RM550 per pair.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya

My VR with Shoji also. Have them quite long already, so far so good.....:driver:

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
it is quite weird when too many myvi suffer from disc problem.....

but the one at my house never have problem with the brake disc since 2006 up till now...just normal routine maintenance replacing the pads only... :hmmmm:

VTEC LoVeR

500 RPM
Jun 30, 2010
Kulim
it is quite weird when too many myvi suffer from disc problem.....

but the one at my house never have problem with the brake disc since 2006 up till now...just normal routine maintenance replacing the pads only... :hmmmm:
You are consider the very lucky 1... kakaka... :biggrin:

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Still very fat :p
But if its warped, doesn't it mean its out of shape?
When u skim, the surface will be flat but the overall shape is unevenly thin and thick?
Not necessary. Most of the time is the uneven wear of the brake pads against the disc rotor to a point when at high speed and you do a hard braking the going in and out causes the vibration.
I have seen many skimming jobs and I have not seen one that waves left and right when they rotate them. If that is the case probably cannot skim already....:driver:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Not necessary. Most of the time is the uneven wear of the brake pads against the disc rotor to a point when at high speed and you do a hard braking the going in and out causes the vibration.
I have seen many skimming jobs and I have not seen one that waves left and right when they rotate them. If that is the case probably cannot skim already....:driver:
Ok thanks for the knowledge!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I succesfully installed a new headunit . However now the central locking and alarm aint working. Ive checked all the fuse and all in working condition. Anyone can shed some lights into this ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience