DIY CAR STICKER !!

ECKP (spnt)

Aug 3, 2004
Is it possible to make a car sticker ourselves ?

normal sticker also can ....but can protect from water ....

who can teach ?

cmos

Oct 29, 2004
Timbuktu
Sure... why not dude?

Juz get yourself some blank vinyl sticker sheet (there's every color you can think of), a very sharp razor, a cutting surface (glass is ideal) and a steady hand.

I've done quite a few, and pretty pleased with the results.

There's a small learning curve, but do enjoy the process :lol:

ECKP (spnt)

Aug 3, 2004
oic ...where can i buy these blank vinyl sticker ? can you estimate the blank vinyl sticker's price ??

cmos

Oct 29, 2004
Timbuktu
It's really dirt cheap. You can get A4 sized vinyl sheets at stationary shops for about two to five bucks a piece.

I think Brothers also got sell these. But so far I've only seen transparent type here. These cost about 8 bucks a piece.

rollakid

Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
just becareful with the sticker knife. use to own one years ago until some sonuvabitch stole it. damn sharp and can easily stuck on the blackboard if you throw them like a throwing knife

rollakid

Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak

i got this one when i'm in form 2, more than 5 years ago. nearly RM20 i think, can't remember clearly. Suddenly got interested in cutting stickers (because got a friend who is damn good in drawing cartoon character, so he draw i cut).

that hobby lasted for a few months until some sonuvawhore stole it, dun wan go in detail but at least that guy is dropped by the school pretty soon and he didn't even got a PMR cert, i hope he go eat grass for a living.

there are better knifes out there, some even with rotating head. good part is you can cut a circle just like using a pen to draw a circle on the paper. you don't have to twist your wrist or the sticker, very convenient, but damn.. its my 2 week pocket money at that time, so i just get the cheaper one, quite heavy.

LAWRENCE_Q

Feb 13, 2004
Originally posted by mindysy@Dec 11 2004, 16:38
sticker knife ??? i DIY sticker use scissors, ruler and knife cut it...
:unsure:

i believe result using sticker knife is better than scissors!!! especially doing the "cruves" part!!!

rollakid

Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
yes the knife is very fine and can cut very narrow lines, but depends on your skill and see if your hand shake or not. i can only cut stickers as narrow as 1/2 mm last time, hand shake alot

rollakid

Nov 9, 2004
Kuching Sarawak
if you really got one keep it in a save place, its really sharp and dangerous. i'm suprise how sharp it is when i first got it. the blade rust easily, easier then the normal cutting knife. the 'refill' blades even come in a packet filled with oil.

tykoh

Jun 30, 2004
tykoh88.blogspot.com
hi guys... anyone saw the new nissan with nismo 'red and black' long stripe sticker? i like to have that.... if someone saw it selling anywhere pls let me know.... thanks!!! :P

mindysy

KL-setapak
mindysy.multiply.com
i wanna ask where can buy the sticker ???? i cant found it...i just use the plastic sticker, got some empty place i just cut it ...

takumi86

Dec 8, 2004
Originally posted by mindysy@Dec 13 2004, 11:53
i wanna ask where can buy the sticker ???? i cant found it...i just use the plastic sticker, got some empty place i just cut it ...
hi..

you can go heretoms
if got extra money... air brush maaa.. :D :D