DIY Braided Brake Hose

nehemiah

May 23, 2006
From waht ive been reading on this thread. I was just wondering.. if braiding older brakelines can feel an improvement more than a newer one. Is it better to just replace the older lines with newer ones?

zeone

May 23, 2006
nehemiah said:
From waht ive been reading on this thread. I was just wondering.. if braiding older brakelines can feel an improvement more than a newer one. Is it better to just replace the older lines with newer ones?
Yup, my fren...yu can just do that...
As with all things in life, one has many options...alternatives...hehe...

However, most of us cannot change the brake lines ourselves!
But we ALL can do DIY braiding ourselves!
Moreover, DIY braiding is just that...DIY braiding...simply put - personal satisfaction & FUN in doing so!!

And sharing these helpful DIY tips in here is just what this forum is all abt...sharing the joy of DIY... :regular_smile:

nehemiah

May 23, 2006
Heheh i see i see..
Reason for my asking is i've been thinking of replacing my old2 brakelines with steel braided ones. But i think it would be a good experiment to try this one first :D Got nothing to lose except a few zipties and some time..! Weekend project :)

zeone

May 23, 2006
Good4yu, nehemiah!! Welcome 2DIY club...hehe...

Me also contemplating changing 2steel-braided brake lines...mine orig 14 yrs old oledi!
But gotta save some $$ first la...RM290 for ProRS...also need pay mechanic 2change... ;)

In the meantime me found DIY braiding helped...cheap & effective! Yup, just a few ringgit, time & sweat! However, do take precautions when working under the car, ok?
All the very best!

nitrus

Nov 14, 2005
The DIY braided brake hose saved my car few times ady la , like last nite TIBA TIBA the front car brake i also had to emergency brake... actually also coz my tyres la thats why can brake better, with the DIY braided brake hose... hehehh... cheers!

satria_95

I won't want my car's brake to grip so hard that it'll screech everytime I hard brake it. hehe but the concept is a good idea and since it's been testified by many, maybe I'll try it some day.

nitrus

Nov 14, 2005
Wat car u driving satria_95? yeah DIY braided brake hose is good for sudden braking, better to have it n dont need it or need it n dont have it. :_:

satria_95

nitrus,
Satria 1.6 lor. hehe yeah, true also. have it there don't necessary mean we need to brake hard with it. The problem is... I'm lazy. haha

nitrus

Nov 14, 2005
lolzzz... no worries bro no one's forcing u to DIY... :_: Maybe when u're really really free la n wanna do something to ur car without spending much money lolzz...

I too don't always brake hard.. actually i rarely brake hard unless im driving fast. Which i don't get to nowadays, argh.. Must go out for late yamchas already :biggrin:

Bamaboy

Jun 20, 2011
Hope I`m still not late, after so many years, this idea still works... Done it on my car, really can feel the difference... But don`t put too high expectations la, since its a budget type upgrade... Thumbsup~

stupidcar

Mar 18, 2013
Hope I`m still not late, after so many years, this idea still works... Done it on my car, really can feel the difference... But don`t put too high expectations la, since its a budget type upgrade... Thumbsup~
Bro, can u show me the pics? I just wanted to start asking questions then u posted up. :adore:
Want to do steel brake hose but no money yet.
Gonna try this DIY for my Persona.

Bro, can u show me the pics? I just wanted to start asking questions then u posted up. :adore:
Want to do steel brake hose but no money yet.
Gonna try this DIY for my Persona.
If you can't afford steel braided, get original rubber ones, zip tie it leaving one zip tie gap between each zip tie, then only install. Cuz if you install the hoses then only zip tie, it'll be bloody tiring.

mosh

Sep 16, 2004
www.autoworld.com.my
i've done in at my persona before race.. tiring job but seems works..
need to find better material cable tie.. last race, i saw some of the cable tie missing from the hose after race, prob due to bad quality material or my fitting lari.

If your thoughts on the smallest car in the world happens to be the Peel P50, there's something smaller, although, not made to carry any passengers. The DENSO Micro-Car is a miniature version of Toyota's first passenger car, the 1936 Model AA sedan and it is 1/1000 of the original car size.

The micro-car comes with complete...