Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I can't find the hose la, dats the problem
Money got, hose ilek..........:bawling::bawling:
tried asking PH Auto in PJ Tmn Sea?

Let me go ask my regular spareparts shop and see if they still have anymore stock. If yes would you be interested if I shipped it to you? How many meters would you want?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
btw...i just use normal hydraulic/fuel hose good enough... (same as power steering tank hose)

no problem at all..no crack no leaks... :adore:

sarled

Known Member
Sep 14, 2012
Semenyih
btw...i just use normal hydraulic/fuel hose good enough... (same as power steering tank hose)

no problem at all..no crack no leaks... :adore:
Thanks. I'm using the same as you now. But am just not willing to take the risk of it failing one fine day, and there goes my whole gearbox. I guess you could call me chicken :dontknow:

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:22 AM ----------

tried asking PH Auto in PJ Tmn Sea?

Let me go ask my regular spareparts shop and see if they still have anymore stock. If yes would you be interested if I shipped it to you? How many meters would you want?
No, I havent checked PH Auto. I will if I can find some time.

Indeed, if you can find it at your shop, and it's a proper transmission oil hose (I assume there's only one size) then I do need 3m (for 2 cars). Willing to pay you for your costs. That's very nice of you.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
errr...not really....

because the power steering unit also uses exactly same hose... (power steering also have pump that operate according to engine rpm and working under pressure as well as temperature)

and i've seen none of power steering hose gone burst unless the hose grinding with engine pulley nearby :adore:

p/s: when u cut through the hose u'll probably already noticed that the hose even tough was fully rubber hose, still have "braided" layer inside :adore:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Thanks. I'm using the same as you now. But am just not willing to take the risk of it failing one fine day, and there goes my whole gearbox. I guess you could call me chicken :dontknow:

---------- Post added at 07:27 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:22 AM ----------

No, I havent checked PH Auto. I will if I can find some time.

Indeed, if you can find it at your shop, and it's a proper transmission oil hose (I assume there's only one size) then I do need 3m (for 2 cars). Willing to pay you for your costs. That's very nice of you.
let me check with them this week, have to see my work schedule. I'll let you know via PM.

sarled

Known Member
Sep 14, 2012
Semenyih
errr...not really....

because the power steering unit also uses exactly same hose... (power steering also have pump that operate according to engine rpm and working under pressure as well as temperature)

and i've seen none of power steering hose gone burst unless the hose grinding with engine pulley nearby :adore:

p/s: when u cut through the hose u'll probably already noticed that the hose even tough was fully rubber hose, still have "braided" layer inside :adore:
Thanks. Yeah, I guess so you have a point. Gives me some confidence to continue running it on the fuel hose for now. But as soon as I find the correct transmission oil hose, I'll change it. It's not so much pressure I am worried, it's temperature. Fuel hose rated to 70 deg C only. Anyway, like I said earlier, I'm chicken....:trytofly:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Btw, I checked with the shop I go to and they are currently out of stock. Will let you know once I revisit them with the new stock

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Bro Izso , do you know which hose is carry oil out from the box ?

Thanks for any advance =)
I had to guess! You need someone else at the driver seat to be ready to start and stop the car engine. Unplug one of the hoses and keep it inside a bucket to collect oil. Startup the car and see if the ATF is rushing out (quickly switch off your car after checking), if it's not - then it's the other hose.

sarled

Known Member
Sep 14, 2012
Semenyih
Just drive car like normal. Then when parked, quickly shut engine and open the boot. Touch with hand which hose is hotter. That will be your gearbox discharge (which is your cooler inlet). The other hose will of course be your cooler outlet. Don't be too slow or the heat will equalize between these two hoses.

cincaluk

Aug 29, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
hi izso, guys & sifu(s) out there,

i've done this diy on my myvi 1.3 AT several weeks back using hayden 1403 AT oil cooler.. but weird thing happen afterwards..wanted to check with you guys if you're having the same problem as me:

a) 1st start up engine in morning or late evening (after the car parked for several hours), if i didn't wait for ~5minutes before drive, the gear like refuse to enggage..there will several loud grinding sound before the gear enggaged & the car will jerk..is this normal?

b) the sound from engine bay (not sure if its the engine or gear box) sound coarse...i've just changed my engine oil & it still sound like "pasir" been grinded..eventhough the sound is not that loud, but i registered this sound just after this mod..

I've checked the oil level & all the connection, no leak..total oil used during 1st install (+ flushing etc), about 7 liter of petronas atf d3...the oil level now is bit more than the "cold" level on the stick..wonder if its not enough?

my initial (and still) thought is the hayden 1403 is too big for myvi. I think I'll try to purchase another series, which is hayden 1402 to try but not sure if this is the wise thing to do...also, if i were to change this, thought that i'll just top up the gear oil without doing anymore flushing with daihatsu atf3 oil (mix & match gear oil won't be a problem??)

Just for info. I decided to do this mod as i'm using ngv & after the last tune up, the engine feels like no power etc2..after install this, the power restores & I can use back the ngv as usual but the after effect is nagging me...

appreciate any feedback/comment from all..

thx!

Last edited:

sarled

Known Member
Sep 14, 2012
Semenyih
No, this is absolutely abnormal. I doubt your cooler is the problem. Was there a chance that your car was running dry (without ATF) for longer than a minute? Could be an oil pump failure.

cincaluk

Aug 29, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
during the flushing, there is a time when the oil stop flowing eventhough i keep on pouring the oil in..but not sure if it has enough time to jam the oil pump..

is there any other sypmtom that i should look into if its related to oil pump?

thx

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Speaking of too large, I'm taking out my ATF cooler for testing purposes. My gearbox has run low on oil before and that caused some uncomfortable noises and severe jerking since I was on the highway. Ever since then it was never the same.

In your case it sounds like the oil pump might not be working too well. Did you fill in the ATF fast enough when doing the flush? The method of flushing I recommended is dangerous if you're not fast topping up the oil. But if done correctly it's a 25 second job vs a much longer more tedious 1 hour job.

After a drive quickly try to touch your hoses in and out of your cooler. One side should be hot and the other cool. If both sides are hot it's likely the oil isn't flowing and that's a bad thing.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

The Fiat 500 is a darling among European tuning houses and the latest to release a hardcore 500 is German tuning firm Pogea Racing. It's unknown which model was used as a base car but our source is suggesting that it was either an Abarth 695 Tributo Ferrari or a Abarth 500 Esseesse, whatever it is the end result is quite astonishing for a car of this size...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience