Disk Rotor...HELP...

devilsrules

Known Member
Jul 1, 2009
Hi guys

I'm thinking of changing my original rotor to others slotted brands rotor but the problem is I'm driving Toyota Wish...not much of choice in the market now...but which brand do u guys think is a good brand or currently using...:driver:

1)Project Mu
2)Dixcel
3)DBA
4)Jun Racing
5)Black Diamond
And others brand recommend?

Where can I find most of the brand mention...Thanks:adore:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
u could always buy ur OEM rotors and and send them to a machine shop for slotting (avoid cross drilling).

shouldnt be a problem... i did that to mine about 1.5 years ago...it can also be a good wear indicator :D

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
project miu and dba got great realiability...

last quite long if used with decent pads... (street use...if use those race metallic compound pads sure any disc also can became thinner at a fast rate)

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi guys

I'm thinking of changing my original rotor to others slotted brands rotor but the problem is I'm driving Toyota Wish...not much of choice in the market now...but which brand do u guys think is a good brand or currently using...:driver:

1)Project Mu
2)Dixcel
3)DBA
4)Jun Racing
5)Black Diamond
And others brand recommend?

Where can I find most of the brand mention...Thanks:adore:
I'm using Project Mu combined with the pads also for a few months already now. So far pretty satisfied. I bought the rotor at Kakimotor Sunway since they gave me a bit cheaper price than other shops (but the pads I bought at N1 Sunway).
I think you can also try Jun, it's a bit cheaper than Project Mu, can buy at Nagamotorsport Sunway. At the time, they did not have for my car, hence I bought the Project Mu.
DBA & Dixcel seem even more expensive. If want cheap rotor, can try search for Shoji brand (also Japan), but I'm not sure if they have slotted ones.

I suggest you also change the pads, cause that makes the most braking improvement. If want cheap one but still good I heard Trestor Blue is very recommended. Project Mu that I use also good but very expensive.

---------- Post added at 06:47 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 06:45 PM ----------

u could always buy ur OEM rotors and and send them to a machine shop for slotting (avoid cross drilling).

shouldnt be a problem... i did that to mine about 1.5 years ago...it can also be a good wear indicator :D
Where can do a good one?

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
machine shops should be able to do it easily... on mudah there are some... just need to find one in ur area or as ur workshop.

my mech did it for me... dunno which machine shop he sent to

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
machine shops should be able to do it easily... on mudah there are some... just need to find one in ur area or as ur workshop.

my mech did it for me... dunno which machine shop he sent to
How much does it cost to have them slotted?

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

If want cheap rotor, can try search for Shoji brand (also Japan), but I'm not sure if they have slotted ones.

I suggest you also change the pads, cause that makes the most braking improvement. If want cheap one but still good I heard Trestor Blue is very recommended. Project Mu that I use also good but very expensive
You going to strike lottery. I am on Shoji disc rotor and Trestor Blue Advantage pads on my VR....:biggrin: But what to do, both cheap and can say good.....:driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
How much does it cost to have them slotted?

---------- Post added at 09:09 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:06 PM ----------

You going to strike lottery. I am on Shoji disc rotor and Trestor Blue Advantage pads on my VR....:biggrin: But what to do, both cheap and can say good.....:driver:
Cause when I went to Genting with the Mark X Club, one guy also uses the Trestor Blue and he said very significant improvement over stock. Then right then I remember your recommendation also several weeks before that you also recommended Trestor Blue. :biggrin:

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
slotting cost me rm100 iirc

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Cause when I went to Genting with the Mark X Club, one guy also uses the Trestor Blue and he said very significant improvement over stock. Then right then I remember your recommendation also several weeks before that you also recommended Trestor Blue. :biggrin:
Yup, so far bite much better then my Bendix Metal King, especially from cold....:driver:

devilsrules

Known Member
Jul 1, 2009
As far as I wanted to choose the few brands but is hard for me to get it...Project Mu tak Ada...Dixcel is about the same price as Project Mu as I ok for price ranging from RM1500 cause brake is a matter of life n deac:driver:...hehe...I'm using Endless Y-Sport now...

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
As far as I wanted to choose the few brands but is hard for me to get it...Project Mu tak Ada...Dixcel is about the same price as Project Mu as I ok for price ranging from RM1500 cause brake is a matter of life n deac:driver:...hehe...I'm using Endless Y-Sport now...
How much is the Endless?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my fren waja kena curi infront of his house... in JB... no.plate JGM 9879 with 15"sport rim... the bonnet little different color from body.. coz the stupid paint shop fella... little bit color blind!!! :mad:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience