[Discussion] Nitto tyres

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
Hey guys, need some of your advice on Nitto tyres. anyone running these tyres? need some feedback!

im thinking to get toyo R1R, but then again for road use i was thinking it is abit of overkill on my small potato car (non turbo, not fast, not racing racing enough).

hence i've taken into consideration to get toyo T1R or either give Nitto NeoGen a try.
Nitto neogen and Toyo R1R price is not very far apart (from the prices i've been offered). so i would like some feedbacks on this! tq

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Hey guys, need some of your advice on Nitto tyres. anyone running these tyres? need some feedback!

im thinking to get toyo R1R, but then again for road use i was thinking it is abit of overkill on my small potato car (non turbo, not fast, not racing racing enough).

hence i've taken into consideration to get toyo T1R or either give Nitto NeoGen a try.
Nitto neogen and Toyo R1R price is not very far apart (from the prices i've been offered). so i would like some feedbacks on this! tq
Hi bro.,
Not much feedback about Nitto tyres as these tyres are newly intro into Malaysian market recently only. However they are already in Thai market quite a while already.
As for the Neogen it looks more like the Yoko Parada Spec 2.
Maybe you be our guinea piggy, try out and then we can have some feedback....:driver:

What size using on your ride?

Last edited:

pwhyze

500 RPM
Mar 1, 2011
Kuala Lumpur
Maybe should give T1R a pass. Seems like the sidewall is too soft for sporty driving.

I'm in a dilemma same as yours, although I'm using R1R tires right now. As much as I enjoy the grip and handling, maybe R1Rs are a bit of an overkill (price wise lol) for my usage. After reading reviews and experience from forums, I've cross the T1Rs out of the list.

Any other tires you are looking at?

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
interesting thread pattern

i imagine it would probably more or less like yokohama parada stuff (judging from the thread wear rating)....

parada means not bad tyre....

maybe nitto have something different inside their tyre for better performance?

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
interesting thread pattern

i imagine it would probably more or less like yokohama parada stuff (judging from the thread wear rating)....

parada means not bad tyre....

maybe nitto have something different inside their tyre for better performance?
Wow, better in wet and weaker in dry...

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
actually parada also fared similarly when new..but(when thread less than 50% u know i know lah) :biggrin:
Now most tyres also like that...when reach 50% thread left...perform not like when it is new...:banghead:

Unlike older and discontinued great tyres...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Wow, better in wet and weaker in dry...
Yup, I was amazed with that. Probably wet traction and not aquaplaning as the pattern don't look like it can cut thru' water...

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Maybe should give T1R a pass. Seems like the sidewall is too soft for sporty driving.

I'm in a dilemma same as yours, although I'm using R1R tires right now. As much as I enjoy the grip and handling, maybe R1Rs are a bit of an overkill (price wise lol) for my usage. After reading reviews and experience from forums, I've cross the T1Rs out of the list.

Any other tires you are looking at?
The T1-R did not work well in my VR too. Dry cornering sidewall too soft. Wet traction not enough for turbo, get a lot of wheel spin...:banghead:

infinity.melvin

SlowPoke
Jul 4, 2006
kuala lumpur
Hmm I didn't want to be guinea pig. Got r1r instead lol. Probably next tyre change I'll give nitto a try! Will do the 2 tyres change thing haha.. As my car is Fwd, let the front botak then I try nitto :)
R1r nice! Love the immediate steering input, car feels much more responsive in steering. Havent try high speed yet as I let the thread run in first :)

Apart from nitto neogen, they do have nitto Invo too but only large sizes I think smallest also 225 for 17".. Over kill for my hatchback fiesta.

Price wise for nitto neogen 16" is similar to toyo T1R.. Also Yoko S drive.. Not sure how it performs vs these tyres of same price range. Seems pretty good to me based on the look of the side wall square design. Pretty much like Yoko Parada spec 2. But this one seems more comfort and less noisy compare to Parada.

P. S : on a side note, was inform when I change to r1r that time, there is a new semi in town.. Nankang ns2r. Not sure how it is but I pressed the side wall and it's freaking hard like rock haha. Price wise very tempting!! 16" 205/45/16 only 3xx.. 15" I presume 2xx.. Side wall design not my cup of tea, but the bunga design look very much like advan neova but more vertical lines rather than horizontal..

rydell

Dec 26, 2009
Batu, K. Lumpur
The neogen is superb in comfort and quietness....though the tread pattern is asymmetric, it performs in wet; and in dry, i can say on par with ku36, but grip geting lesser once the tyre getting hotter in aggressive drive.
I shall conclude the neogen is a perfect touring tyre, not suit for track/touge, but in performs if cornering syiok2 once in a while.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

I am confused with this spec frm mivec. Has no clock and aircond as the dash comes with std analogue aircond. Based from what i read its rally spec. How much is this engine in halfcut. What are the problems that we face having this engine transplanted.
:wavey:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience