Discuss About Your Car...

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
If you want a good VW, get the GTi versions. They're rock solid I heard and very minimal problems.

And yes, these cars don't really work well with our weather and climate. Hot and humid.

My colleague's 4 years old Focus has changed 2 gearboxes so far. Not as serious as VW where he got stranded but it has grinding noise and vibrations. Till today, the gearbox still shakes on certain driving conditions and SC told him this is the characteristic of DSG. Yay... problem solved.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Since we are talking so much inferior problems about continental cars, don't forget Japanese cars have issues too. My HRV gearbox has this whinning noise on certain throttle position. When going through humps, it has a soft noise like 'loose chain got tighten again'. And there's certain driving condition it'll jerk. When I asked the SC to check, they said it's CVT's characteristic. On hot sunny afternoons, my dashboard squeaks. My reverse sensor sometimes beeps non stop even there's nothing at the back. They said they can't change if it doesn't happen at the SC.

For me, I couldn't care much because they happened very rarely, so far after 13 months of ownership, maybe less than 5 times per issue. Or maybe I am too sensitive.

What I am trying to say, all cars have problems. Just that they are different problems. As long as they don't break down and I am still in the warranty period, I'll utilize the car to max.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
All cars have problems, that’s true. But when the same dry DSG 7 gearbox exhibit the same problem across different cars... it’s simply because that part is faulty.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
So far, after experiencing 10 cars in my life as a car owner, the best car with least problem was my Nissan Sentra 1.6 SG. The only problem I had was brake having a loud knocking sound on certain driving condition. Then it was a known problem where the pin that holds the caliper in that model was smaller. Nissan changed the pin under warranty and that's the only problem I had.

NVH like cabin quietness, road noise level and quality was like a few notch above Honda's. Honda is noisy and had lotsa road noise. I dislike it. But in terms of handling and comfort, the HRV is good. And HRV has one of the best FC. My Sentra averages around 7.5 to 8.5km/L in city vs. HRV getting 11-12km/L in city. It's amazing how engine has evolved. More more but less fuel consumption. But both Sentra and HRV are boring cars.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
So far, after experiencing 10 cars in my life as a car owner, the best car with least problem was my Nissan Sentra 1.6 SG. The only problem I had was brake having a loud knocking sound on certain driving condition. Then it was a known problem where the pin that holds the caliper in that model was smaller. Nissan changed the pin under warranty and that's the only problem I had.

NVH like cabin quietness, road noise level and quality was like a few notch above Honda's. Honda is noisy and had lotsa road noise. I dislike it. But in terms of handling and comfort, the HRV is good. And HRV has one of the best FC. My Sentra averages around 7.5 to 8.5km/L in city vs. HRV getting 11-12km/L in city. It's amazing how engine has evolved. More more but less fuel consumption. But both Sentra and HRV are boring cars.
Jetta remapped with hooning 16km/L :thefinger: Imagine if it was driven sensibly.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Jetta remapped with hooning 16km/L :thefinger: Imagine if it was driven sensibly.
cool... well if 16km/L is highway driving, that's pretty good for Jetta. My HRV averages around 18km/L on highway driving around 110kph. Some dude achieved 20km/L .. I don't know how they do it.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Gotta love forced induction engine, remapping the car will not only gives it more power on demand but also really good fuel economy if driven normally.

cool... well if 16km/L is highway driving, that's pretty good for Jetta. My HRV averages around 18km/L on highway driving around 110kph. Some dude achieved 20km/L .. I don't know how they do it.
That's CVT for you tho, all bout fuel economy.

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Since we are talking so much inferior problems about continental cars, don't forget Japanese cars have issues too. My HRV gearbox has this whinning noise on certain throttle position. When going through humps, it has a soft noise like 'loose chain got tighten again'. And there's certain driving condition it'll jerk. When I asked the SC to check, they said it's CVT's characteristic. On hot sunny afternoons, my dashboard squeaks. My reverse sensor sometimes beeps non stop even there's nothing at the back. They said they can't change if it doesn't happen at the SC.

For me, I couldn't care much because they happened very rarely, so far after 13 months of ownership, maybe less than 5 times per issue. Or maybe I am too sensitive.

What I am trying to say, all cars have problems. Just that they are different problems. As long as they don't break down and I am still in the warranty period, I'll utilize the car to max.
CVT in general has that jerky characteristic on initial launch, even my fiancé's Honda does the same too which I find it annoying. As you'd guess it, the service advisor just told me that it's the transmission's characteristic... :confused:

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
350K for a Civic is just too much to pay... I'll get the A45 over this anytime.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My friend's Satria GTI almost lost yesterday midnight 4am on Jalan Phee Choon, an indian came with a bike bearing number plate PGL 589 Honda EX5 and shine his torch light at my friend's car and trying to open the door handle.

We walked to the car and he got shocked and when we ask him what he doing here he claimed his one of the RELA member and show us the pass with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience