Discuss About Your Car...

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
The original setup is already very well balanced as the 50:50 weight distribution handles just like a normal street car that is tuned very well. So using stock absorbers doesn’t mean it’s less better than aftermarkets. Moreover, it already has Eibach coils, which is meant to be used with stock ansorbers.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
The original setup is already very well balanced as the 50:50 weight distribution handles just like a normal street car that is tuned very well. So using stock absorbers doesn’t mean it’s less better than aftermarkets. Moreover, it already has Eibach coils, which is meant to be used with stock ansorbers.
Nice BBK......:driver:
Original absorbers you get better ride......lol:biggrin:

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Ahhh I read that as coilovers, I'm guessing if you are not tracking it then those eibach is more than enough :driver:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Ahhh I read that as coilovers, I'm guessing if you are not tracking it then those eibach is more than enough :driver:
One more reason. Original absorbers will have longer intervals for replacement compared to adjustables need for rebuilds. Just want problem free for the next 5 years.

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
One more reason. Original absorbers will have longer intervals for replacement compared to adjustables need for rebuilds. Just want problem free for the next 5 years.
But it's cheaper to rebuild coilovers than replacing absorbers, no? for each suspension, it'll cost you round 250 to rebuild while new OEM cost bout 600 each.

I've read forums where the KWs will run about 100k KM before needing to rebuild so that's about 4.5 years (according to my daily commute.)

Yes better in terms of comfort and reliability. :)
With the current situation at my area, I really miss the OEM set up... Road is bumpy and terrible af due to construction of the new DUKE (I think.) :banghead::banghead::banghead:
If it drives me crazy anytime soon, I'd switch back to OEM MSport. :mad:

Last edited:

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
But it's cheaper to rebuild coilovers than replacing absorbers, no? for each suspension, it'll cost you round 250 to rebuild while new OEM cost bout 600 each.

I've read forums where the KWs will run about 100k KM before needing to rebuild so that's about 4.5 years (according to my daily commute.)

With the current situation at my area, I really miss the OEM set up... Road is bumpy and terrible af due to construction of the new DUKE (I think.) :banghead::banghead::banghead:
If it drives me crazy anytime soon, I'd switch back to OEM MSport. :mad:
I feel you. My first set were Top perfect rears with original front rebuilds, meaning original absorbers cut open and rebuilt. They were good and able to handle my 200 horses, and yet still comfortable. Then years later, friend offer a set of D2 coil overs, and since my old set were due to rebuild just take over this D2 set. Woh! they are really stiff, might be good for track but for daily, really pain to the butt, but when fully loaded the ride is still good.....lol

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
I feel you. My first set were Top perfect rears with original front rebuilds, meaning original absorbers cut open and rebuilt. They were good and able to handle my 200 horses, and yet still comfortable. Then years later, friend offer a set of D2 coil overs, and since my old set were due to rebuild just take over this D2 set. Woh! they are really stiff, might be good for track but for daily, really pain to the butt, but when fully loaded the ride is still good.....lol
Yea pretty much, I am always alone 95% of them time so I always feel it ahhaha.
But take it to the B-roads damn I am in love again, suddenly all those annoying bumpy and rough road is forgotten :rofl: a constant struggle to keep my sanity in check.

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
Yeah why stock absorbers? Could get stock-spec absorbers, but with mono-tube, like Bilstein B8 for your Eibach lowered ride. B6 is suitable down to 30mm drop.

Those mono tube units are beefy.

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
I have bad experience with adjustables in my Airtrek perviously. Even though there were no leaks, I got unwanted knocking sounds from the top mount on bricked road surfaces. It's annoying when you hear tick tick. Using stock original absorbers can completely rule out this problem.

Additionally, I don't go track or racing anyway, and I use this for my family. So lowered with Eibach + stock absorbers is the best choice as advised by my mechanic.

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
Yeah why stock absorbers? Could get stock-spec absorbers, but with mono-tube, like Bilstein B8 for your Eibach lowered ride. B6 is suitable down to 30mm drop.

Those mono tube units are beefy.
Yea the B8 sounds promising without compromising comfort, might downgrade to B12 (B8 + eibach pro kit). But I guess it's better to test drive one of those first :driver:

s.marz

Known Member
Aug 10, 2016
Kuala Lumpur
I have bad experience with adjustables in my Airtrek perviously. Even though there were no leaks, I got unwanted knocking sounds from the top mount on bricked road surfaces. It's annoying when you hear tick tick. Using stock original absorbers can completely rule out this problem.

Additionally, I don't go track or racing anyway, and I use this for my family. So lowered with Eibach + stock absorbers is the best choice as advised by my mechanic.
I had that problem too and apparently it was just bad top mount. Replaced both front and its all good now!

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Yes it’s annoying right? Glad you had yours fixed.

I like the new suspension system. It’s comfortable and yet handles brilliantly. So it’s what I really wanted.

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Yes it’s annoying right? Glad you had yours fixed.

I like the new suspension system. It’s comfortable and yet handles brilliantly. So it’s what I really wanted.
Maybe should redo my old suspension and use back.......lol:biggrin:

stutzedward

3,000 RPM
May 27, 2009
KL
Maybe should redo my old suspension and use back.......lol:biggrin:
Apparently you can still rebuild your stock suspension. It can be cut open and modified as a screw down cap to access to the internals. The external absorbers tube won't spoil unless you dented or bent it. That's what my mechanic did to my Ralliart suspension in my Airtrek previously because it leaked. It was rebuilt and works wonderfully.

Some even go to the extent of modifying height adjustables and it's not difficult to mod actually.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi bros,i'm planing to convert my saga side mirror to b13,b14 or vr4 auto flip side mirror
is anyone noe how to mod the side mirror base or can it jus pnp w/o mod the base?

if need to mod,what is the procedur to do it?is jus need to cut abit or need to change to whole base?

Thanks for all..
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience