Dim Headlights / Lampu malap

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
My son's Swift came with aftermarket projector headlights and the quality is crap! It's still using normal bulbs despite the projector housing then the wiring inside the left one is already a bit loose so it can go off suddenly (just luckily this last few weeks still can turn on all the time). The brightness is just substandard. The DRL rings around the projectors are all already gone off, not sure if also wiring issue or really spoiled ring lamps. The clear coat already peeling off, so I had to wet sand them to remove it completely then reapply some clear coating to make them look clear again, but some section already have cracks which I cannot do anything anymore. I've replaced the bulbs with better Osram bulbs so improved a bit but still substandard brightness. We're still using it coz my son likes the look but maybe later once he's bored then we'll change them back to the original stock headlights (they still look very nice and new!).

*keyword: aftermarket headlights....

those always comes with shitty projector even those famouse "something eye" brands and so on....

thats why i opted for most projector unit from oem headlights...

alternatively... i can help do projector swap from those shitty projector and replace them with better oem projector for full lighting performance.... ::driver:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
*keyword: aftermarket headlights....

those always comes with shitty projector even those famouse "something eye" brands and so on....

thats why i opted for most projector unit from oem headlights...

alternatively... i can help do projector swap from those shitty projector and replace them with better oem projector for full lighting performance.... ::driver:
Yeah those aftermarket ones are all lousy China stuff. Those who had changed projector headlights for the Swift did complete swap using the original Swift Japan projector headlights, just that those don't have DRL rings like this aftermarket shit (which is already dead anyway on mine!).

Oh you can do that?? Hmm never mind lah, I won't spend anymore on this crap. Later will just swap back the original ones and just try sell the aftermarket ones.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Yeah those aftermarket ones are all lousy China stuff. Those who had changed projector headlights for the Swift did complete swap using the original Swift Japan projector headlights, just that those don't have DRL rings like this aftermarket shit (which is already dead anyway on mine!).

Oh you can do that?? Hmm never mind lah, I won't spend anymore on this crap. Later will just swap back the original ones and just try sell the aftermarket ones.

haha atleast if your son insist to keep the projector design headlight...no harm doing the projector swap... :biggrin:

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
haha atleast if your son insist to keep the projector design headlight...no harm doing the projector swap... :biggrin:
Yeah later we will discuss again and I'll try to convince him to swap back to original. Now he's still not yet fully driving it coz just still practicing and no license. Maybe later once he got to really drive it at night then he will see. I don't feel like fiddling with that aftermarket shit anymore to be honest coz the wiring is also no good and the lens also already cracking a bit.

Reactions: ^pomen_GTR^

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

my friends GTI nearly got stolen ...it happened at Bangi,Seksyen 3tambahan..he parked his car at our usual spot....after few hours he decided to go back and got shock that his door handle was gone the car were totally messed up and the key hole damaged...the thieft left a torchlight some screwdrivers...then a security guard came and inform us that a chinese guy try to broke in the car.he drive a MAROON WIRA NAQ 270...beware guys...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience