Dilemma - VR4 RS, Evo I/II/IIIs' 4G63T, or 4G93T?

AshXT

Apr 4, 2005
Q1: Is Satria 1.6's chassis much stiffer than 1.3's?

Q2: Is't reliable & safe to fit VR4 RS's 4G63T into Satria 1.3 for long term usage? Damn scare will torture the chassis leh... Forget about JPJ approval... I got my way :D

Q3: Is there huge weight difference between VR4's 4G63T & Evo's 4G63T? Then how about 4G93T? Which one suits Satria best? I don't want front : rear weight ratio over unbalance ler...

Q4: How's the fuel consumption between these 3 respectively when driving regularly & cruising... I don't mind changing ECU to a better one & add something like A'PEXi S-AFC, as long as I get the fuel saving as result.

Please give me your opinion, your contributions are appreciated, thanks in advance.

jinkl-

Q1 no idea

Q2: torture erm dont tink so , make sure equip ur chasis with some bars , good suspension setups

Q3: diffrence

Vr4RS EVO 1&2 EVO3
Injectors 450C.C 510C.C 510C.C
Fuel Pump 80lph 80lph 100lph
Turbine td05-16g td05-16g td05-16gBIG
Mouting Modify Perfect Perfect
Head *evo 3 has a better ported head*
Intercooler *vr4 intercooler slightly smaller than evo's*
ECU & Wiring *vr4 users usually opt to evo ecu, wiring , MAF*
Compression 8:1 8.5:1 9:1
Internals *vr4 has stronger internals than evo's, but evo's are lighter*

for tuning if stock then stock ecu would do
if not u can opt to Drax ! custom mapping to help with ignition & fueling

AshXT

Apr 4, 2005
I see... thanks for reply, jinkl-

jinkl said:
Internals *vr4 has stronger internals than evo's, but evo's are lighter*
By the way, is the weight difference remarkable?

jinkl-

errr i would prefer stronger than lighter hehe
i know lots of users who used evo engines and atlast broke theirs and plonked a vr4 block :) inc me haha

AshXT

Apr 4, 2005
jinkl- said:
errr i would prefer stronger than lighter hehe
i know lots of users who used evo engines and atlast broke theirs and plonked a vr4 block :) inc me haha
Ooo...

wait a minute... how about 4G93T, jinkl- sifu got any idea about it? Suitable for Satria or not... cause I don't want bad handling like a cow sitting inside the bonnet ler.... :P 1 more thing to ask... where to get mirage's 4WD drivetrain (driveshaft, rear diff, tank, etc...)?

actuator_bypass

Sep 11, 2004
AshXT said:
Q1: Is Satria 1.6's chassis much stiffer than 1.3's?

Q2: Is't reliable & safe to fit VR4 RS's 4G63T into Satria 1.3 for long term usage? Damn scare will torture the chassis leh... Forget about JPJ approval... I got my way :D

Q3: Is there huge weight difference between VR4's 4G63T & Evo's 4G63T? Then how about 4G93T? Which one suits Satria best? I don't want front : rear weight ratio over unbalance ler...

Q4: How's the fuel consumption between these 3 respectively when driving regularly & cruising... I don't mind changing ECU to a better one & add something like A'PEXi S-AFC, as long as I get the fuel saving as result.

Please give me your opinion, your contributions are appreciated, thanks in advance.
Calling card question number Q1 & Q2

A1: & A2: Actually if you're looking something for long term, transplant really not the answer.. Buy a new car is the answer.. heheh

About chasis torture or something.. Mostly in rally champion, people call it as Body Strengthening or Double Weld Chasis.

jinkl

May 22, 2004
AshXT said:
Ooo...

wait a minute... how about 4G93T, jinkl- sifu got any idea about it? Suitable for Satria or not... cause I don't want bad handling like a cow sitting inside the bonnet ler.... :P 1 more thing to ask... where to get mirage's 4WD drivetrain (driveshaft, rear diff, tank, etc...)?
aiyoo me no sifu
i tink 63t also not bad for satria
not a chasis killer lar
keep it stock , it would be nice ..
but 93t u tak puas with the performance then prepair big bucks for upgrades , so y not add 1-2k one shot for transplant itself , easier rite. errrr can i know why r u looking for the 4wd drivetrain ? making a 4wd car is it bro , if yes then u better go for the evo man , the rear axel has the lsd :)

crystal_method

Jun 23, 2004
PJ, KL
www.darkimages.com
agree wit jin all da way.... if u dun mind forking out a few xtra couple of K's, then go for the 4G63T... VR4 is a nice choice if budget's a bit tight... remember u can mix 'n' match too! for example u could have a VR4 block wit an evo head :)

plus i dunno what the others think but in my opinion if ur planning 2 upgrade in future (which i'm sure u will hehe!) mods n upgrades for the 4G93 series r a bit limited but the market has plenty of stuff for the 4G63 series dude. trust me, having upgrading possiblities is vital as NO ONE is content with what they alredy got forver hehe!

GSR5559

Q1 : yes somehow 1.6 chassis is stronger in and out compare to 1.3, but 1.6 chassis is heavier than 1.3 chassis. u can feel it by closing the door, 1.6 will make more solid sound wherby 1.3 is like a steel bar slamming sound

Q2 : if i were u, money is not a big issue, i will put in 4G63T. be it stock or modification, i still prefer 4G63T. why? easier to find spare parts and another important thing is the parts to upgrade, compare to 4G93T, parts are very few, and most of it got to custom made which is quite troublesome. and it might be costly too. another thing the stock internals for 4G93T kinda fragile, and the amount of horses can be squeezed out is kinda limited. so the best opt is stil 4G63T series engine.

Q3: as for this question im not veri sure, this got to ask those ppl who is driving one. all i know the difference is one is new and another is old. so choices are urs.

and yeah u culd do body strengthening or double weld, at least it is safer and more durable for the G-force ur gonna have.

AlucarD

Jan 15, 2004
I guess if you're going for all out power and straight line speed the Evo VR4 rojak series engine will be the perfect combo... be prepared to scrifice some ride and handling on your 1.3 chasis. IMHO, bars will not help much. Unless you're willing to spend some $$ to spotweld the car.

Dunno how you're gonna match the suspension setting... EVO arms and ARB and some custome coliovers definately.

Foyooh, can kautim 1.3 to 2.0. Light & Power ... another monster. Please make sure can stop in time too .. good luck

PutraCraze

i would to choose to put gsr93t in this chasis.... gives all round performance... power to weight ratio is good yet the car is fun to drive... won't kills the chasis so bad also... since money is not a concerned... y worry bout the aftermarket parts??? if u say had to get them... then australia is the good place tat u can source the parts... plenty of them... scare u dun have money oni.... bear in mind the final drive of evo's is 5.++ is hella big... u say it won't affect the chasis... no way.... !!!

jinkl

May 22, 2004
vestax said:
aiks since when vr4 240 runs on 80lph , 450cc injectors & 8:1 compression ?.
bro i will bow to u lar :)
please fix wht i said wrong, u should know better

can anyone pls help me, i have done twice top overhall hall...for my vitara 1.6, 8 valve 3 door....when i drive my car just after 1 week after change all...quarter is lost of the black oil...im fustrated...pls help need advice :bawling: