Dilemma on choosing Recond Sport Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
I expect I can gain some useful information before I choose what car I gona buy, not the crap experience u try to share here.
As I told early, no one force you to give comment here if u don't wan to, u can keep those crap to yourself, and HAPPY HARI RAYA
I like how you talk the way you talk and expect serious forummers to come in here to give you proper feedback. If you can't handle the small fries giving you non-relevant information, how do you expect to handle the big guns when they finally do come in to give you feedback?

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Hahaha that is why I asked the TS to dig some real fact info from outside first and then compare with what people reply / comment here. And he might share more questions and thus lead to a more constructive discussion. He has created a thread asking whether to get myvi 1.3 or myvi 1.5. Now recond sports car...so I would blindly assume that his budget = near to myvi? RM60K. I shall give some safety factor of let's say, 30% more. That would be near to 80k. Or I am very wrong, as per mentioned he is looking for a weekend ride. Perhaps he already just bought a myvi and now looking for a sports car. Ok I'll assume 200% safety factor ^^
U right, I oledi bought a myvi, now looking for other car for week end drive.

---------- Post added at 11:53 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:46 PM ----------

As this is a public forum which your posts can be seen by virtually anyone out there, you should learn to show respect for others if you want others to respect you. Even if you don't like or disagree with what others have said, you can just state your arguments/disagreement politely instead of using words like 'crap'. If you're being humble, surely there will be lots of people around the forum that are willing to help you even if you had a serious problem. Being humble and showing respect is important if you wanted to mix around in the society as you won't always be sure of who you are talking to.
I open this tread to gain information, and not learn joining what so ever SOCIETY, and please bare in mind I was asking in polite, and didn't expect those crap people come and give crap comment which is not related to the topic. SO please tell me, what word should I use for those PRETEND EXPERT PEOPLE give comment which not related to my topic ?
I respect everyone who kind to share their experience, their information, their comment, their opinion, their everything, but pls stick to the topic, or else this forum become place for SPAMMER or chitchat, u know what I mean

---------- Post added at 11:55 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:53 PM ----------

I like how you talk the way you talk and expect serious forummers to come in here to give you proper feedback. If you can't handle the small fries giving you non-relevant information, how do you expect to handle the big guns when they finally do come in to give you feedback?
I not here to learn ur living method, or your life.

---------- Post added at 11:56 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 11:55 PM ----------

bro,

if this is ur weekend car and not daily car...then i wont suggest golf gti as subaru n evo is better based on the list.

between subaru v9 and evo 9, i had heard evo9 mivec system not so stable(not sure) as its the first batch with mivec turbo engine.

subaru v9 sti come with single avcs system and twinscroll turbo setup to reduce lag, the response is not far.

sorry i not interested with honda at the moment, so i cant gv any comments :)
Thanks for sharing, I will keep this in mind.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
"my living method or my life""?

dude, you have serious understanding issues. I was never interested in preaching about my life or the way I live it.

Get a grip on reality and stop being so pretentious. Jeez. I'm outta here. And I have just sent you a PM. Let's see how you choose to react.

markblurberry

Known Member
Jun 24, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Personally, I dont understand what big guns or small fries..whats a big gun or whats a small fries got to do with relevant information?
Personally, if budget is a concern, i can think of a few options:
1) Peugeot 206 cabriolet - open top...not consider a sport car, but sporty in nature
2) Putra - a coupe, consider sporty as well, but i think should be a fun car @ 1.8 i think power should be ok
3) A toyota celica whether its turbo or the new vvtli - should be in the range of 30-50K nowadays
4) Mitsu - FTO or Gto, altho i think u have better chance with an fto...mivec engine, but car is a bit old, need tender loving care..but parts should be ok
5) Subaru version 6-7 and evo 6 ( should be in the range of 50K-60K nowadays, as the depreciation is quite drastic especially since loan is an issue, worth considering if u intend to keep the car for some time...)

That's my take...and btw..i am just a small fry only, hope my suggestion is relevant

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
if u want a weekend sports car, go for fiat coupe ranging from rm20k-40k, u can choose either 16v or 20v (6 speed) turbo.
but u must have ready cash for spare parts.

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Personally, I dont understand what big guns or small fries..whats a big gun or whats a small fries got to do with relevant information?
Personally, if budget is a concern, i can think of a few options:
1) Peugeot 206 cabriolet - open top...not consider a sport car, but sporty in nature
2) Putra - a coupe, consider sporty as well, but i think should be a fun car @ 1.8 i think power should be ok
3) A toyota celica whether its turbo or the new vvtli - should be in the range of 30-50K nowadays
4) Mitsu - FTO or Gto, altho i think u have better chance with an fto...mivec engine, but car is a bit old, need tender loving care..but parts should be ok
5) Subaru version 6-7 and evo 6 ( should be in the range of 50K-60K nowadays, as the depreciation is quite drastic especially since loan is an issue, worth considering if u intend to keep the car for some time...)

That's my take...and btw..i am just a small fry only, hope my suggestion is relevant
Thank for sharing, at least contribute some information which relevant, better then those senior people just want to show his seniority and reply not stick to my topic, which is not respect people at all.

---------- Post added at 05:59 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

Noted, thanks anyway.

---------- Post added at 06:00 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:59 PM ----------

"my living method or my life""?

dude, you have serious understanding issues. I was never interested in preaching about my life or the way I live it.

Get a grip on reality and stop being so pretentious. Jeez. I'm outta here. And I have just sent you a PM. Let's see how you choose to react.
Check my topic, reply relevant to my topic, or please see Doctor if u are sick or ill.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Thank for sharing, at least contribute some information which relevant, better then those senior people just want to show his seniority and reply not stick to my topic, which is not respect people at all.

Check my topic, reply relevant to my topic, or please see Doctor if u are sick or ill.
Are you honestly kidding me??? Read my replies. My very first reply in your topic wasn't even a reply to your post. It was to Blackhowling who was responding to you with a "These are sports cars?". And you choose to blast ME for disrespecting you? I wasn't even replying you! In fact I defended the fact that the Audi TT is considered a sports car. Why the hell are you targeting me in your attacks? Jeez!

I have already given you what I think about your little self proclaimed 'war' in the other post. Either you choose to adhere or disregard. The choice is yours. I'm not going to respond to anything of yours anymore.

Last edited:

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Lol... This is still not over?

wsukun

500 RPM
Nov 17, 2008
London Calling
OP change to more relevant title la, ".........SPORTY LOOKING car"
most of the forumers including me misguided with the term sport car la..
again, tough times like this buy the red levin i posted la.
sporty looking little car. cheap to maintain. NA ma.
wan upgrade turbo also no problem.
FR layout. turn heads too.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Is gonna be a waste of time if TS is not appreciating comments/opinions or suggestions. If you are just a selective reader, and only want to read what you like to read, then it aint gonna happen when it comes to asking opinions/suggestions.

Different people have different point of view when it comes to buying cars. Be it sports or not sports.

Ya understand your meaning of saying some people are not sticking to the topic, but then they are just telling u what does sports car actually mean, u can always take it and read. People are only sharing. If you dont appreciate it, talking about respect. You have already disrespect those who had gave their opinions or suggestions in the 1st place.

Don't see anyone disrespect u personally with those earlier few posts.

Forums is for discussion, u can choose which to agree and which opinions to take, but no need to lash your anger at opinions that you dont think fit to your liking.

Maybe just revised your questions for a more direct answers. Like budget, which Manufacturers, and etcs.
At least narrow down to a few choices u think fits your needs and affordability.

Lastly, I'm not giving any life lecture or sharing my life experience, just my POV and suggestions.
You can choose not to agree though

Cheers :beer:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

So here's the deal, Lamborghini, as is every other petrol head in the world with blood running through their veins, is sexcited like no other about the supercar maker's new flagship that will replace the Murcielago, the Aventador LP700-4. It's one of those vehicles that will end up defining the supercar era of this century, righ up there with...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience