Dilemma on choosing Recond Sport Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hahaha lol dude when you post "sports car" in ZTH, make sure you mean very sporty car like a Ferrari. Evo and scooby aren't sports car like per mentioned by many here and I personally do not know why.

Back to topic, VW gb have issues, you know it, I know it, many people out there know it. But since it is your weekend ride, why bother? The chance of it failing will be low because you seldom use the car. If you want reliability, go for Japanese cars lor. And if you really wana dig more, why not go to service centre/spare part shop/tuning shops and directly ask them? They might be able to provide you the service recommendation and the price.

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
I think the best part of this forum is to share the information, instead going to workshop or accessories shop to ask around.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
I think the best part of this forum is to share the information, instead going to workshop or accessories shop to ask around.
Can't rely on a single source bro...and actually there has been some threads like this in many Malaysia car forums. Just gotta dig them. Hope u get your answer soon.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
hahaha, so many suggestions and good reasons given by sifu in zth.....

Then, suddenly the threadstarter may drop the bomb........budget for sportscar is oni 15k:biggrin:
Only 15k then I guess the you can only go for things like old corolla with 4A-GE, Satria/Wira with 4G92 MIVEC, Kancil turbo L2S or L5S and etc. These are almost like the lowest end performance cars. :biggrin:

Audi TT not even close to be categorise as exotic ride. Same goes to RCZ. Exotic are like Lamborghini, Audi R8, Ferrari and etcs.
Call TT as low end exotic car. R8 is like high end. Those like Huayra, Zonda, Veyron, Agera R and etc are like the best of the best among exotics.

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
well well, this what so call " Sport Car " I only drive as second car / week end car, because I already had one.
I just dilemma on choosing what car I gona buy, perhaps may be after next 2 months. So now I open this post to see what u guy opinion, and hopefully for those REAL OWNER of those car I mentioned come here and share his experience, instead talking crap, or share link what "Sport Car" mean.
bro,

if this is ur weekend car and not daily car...then i wont suggest golf gti as subaru n evo is better based on the list.

between subaru v9 and evo 9, i had heard evo9 mivec system not so stable(not sure) as its the first batch with mivec turbo engine.

subaru v9 sti come with single avcs system and twinscroll turbo setup to reduce lag, the response is not far.

sorry i not interested with honda at the moment, so i cant gv any comments :)

Last edited:

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
You must also realize that there's many different people in different parts of their lives. Some forummers here already own BMW M5, Supras, Ferraris and Lambos. Then there are others that can barely afford a Perodua Viva.

Based on who you talk to you'll get vastly different answers. To the poor man he'll tell you that the Lambo or Supra is godlike and you should consider it. To the rich man he'll tell you both suck and you should go for the CL AMG Black.

So who you going to listen to? You want opinions, the folks here have already given their opinions. You responded by calling them "crap comments". First state your intentions clearly, state your budget and what you can afford, then clearly define the scope of your intentions then perhaps you might attract the right sort of forummer to answer you. But with your super general "Dilemma on choosing Recon Sport Car" topic with almost no information at all in your first post, you expect to get quality answers?

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
You must also realize that there's many different people in different parts of their lives. Some forummers here already own BMW M5, Supras, Ferraris and Lambos. Then there are others that can barely afford a Perodua Viva.

Based on who you talk to you'll get vastly different answers. To the poor man he'll tell you that the Lambo or Supra is godlike and you should consider it. To the rich man he'll tell you both suck and you should go for the CL AMG Black.

So who you going to listen to? You want opinions, the folks here have already given their opinions. You responded by calling them "crap comments". First state your intentions clearly, state your budget and what you can afford, then clearly define the scope of your intentions then perhaps you might attract the right sort of forummer to answer you. But with your super general "Dilemma on choosing Recon Sport Car" topic with almost no information at all in your first post, you expect to get quality answers?
I expect I can gain some useful information before I choose what car I gona buy, not the crap experience u try to share here.
As I told early, no one force you to give comment here if u don't wan to, u can keep those crap to yourself, and HAPPY HARI RAYA

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
I expect I can gain some useful information before I choose what car I gona buy, not the crap experience u try to share here.
As I told early, no one force you to give comment here if u don't wan to, u can keep those crap to yourself, and HAPPY HARI RAYA
relax bro....Forums are like that. Some are silly, some are serious. the usual stuff. Some would poke fun So, one would take it with a pinch of salt. No need to comment saying the word "crap".
Dont tell me this is the 1st time you joined a forum?.

mospeda353

500 RPM
Jan 11, 2005
TS..plez accept members comments.. if u juz want info dat suit for u, so dun start in here.. diz is open forum.. show ur respect..

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
As this is a public forum which your posts can be seen by virtually anyone out there, you should learn to show respect for others if you want others to respect you. Even if you don't like or disagree with what others have said, you can just state your arguments/disagreement politely instead of using words like 'crap'. If you're being humble, surely there will be lots of people around the forum that are willing to help you even if you had a serious problem. Being humble and showing respect is important if you wanted to mix around in the society as you won't always be sure of who you are talking to.

cvkit17

2,000 RPM
Mar 20, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Hahaha that is why I asked the TS to dig some real fact info from outside first and then compare with what people reply / comment here. And he might share more questions and thus lead to a more constructive discussion. He has created a thread asking whether to get myvi 1.3 or myvi 1.5. Now recond sports car...so I would blindly assume that his budget = near to myvi? RM60K. I shall give some safety factor of let's say, 30% more. That would be near to 80k. Or I am very wrong, as per mentioned he is looking for a weekend ride. Perhaps he already just bought a myvi and now looking for a sports car. Ok I'll assume 200% safety factor ^^

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Now I know what you should really get. Please ignore my previous post about the wira sports edition.

Instead, go get a first gen saga. Lower it. Make it loud. Fill it up with big loud speakers. Drive with the window down and one hand out. Blast music and nod your head with the rhythm as you drive along 40 km/h.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
Hahaha that is why I asked the TS to dig some real fact info from outside first and then compare with what people reply / comment here. And he might share more questions and thus lead to a more constructive discussion. He has created a thread asking whether to get myvi 1.3 or myvi 1.5. Now recond sports car...so I would blindly assume that his budget = near to myvi? RM60K. I shall give some safety factor of let's say, 30% more. That would be near to 80k. Or I am very wrong, as per mentioned he is looking for a weekend ride. Perhaps he already just bought a myvi and now looking for a sports car. Ok I'll assume 200% safety factor ^^
Probably he is confused. probably wanna be "yeng", want to have wow factor, wanna save money (thus, the recond requirement), wanna be thrift with maintenance and easy spare parts, all rolled in one...
That is pretty hard to find a car like that.

Many of my frens ask me if there is a unique car (that we dont see everyday), but very easy to find spares and maintenance. I mean, Duh????:banghead:

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Probably he is confused. probably wanna be "yeng", want to have wow factor, wanna save money (thus, the recond requirement), wanna be thrift with maintenance and easy spare parts, all rolled in one...
That is pretty hard to find a car like that.

Many of my frens ask me if there is a unique car (that we dont see everyday), but very easy to find spares and maintenance. I mean, Duh????:banghead:
People don't know how to be realistic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We’ve been hearing a lot about Honda’s upcoming hybrid-only model that is supposed to go head-to-head with the Toyota Prius. Honda CEO, Takeo Fukui, is now out and about speaking very confidently of Honda’s upcoming hybrid plans. First of all, Fukui feels that Honda suffered a huge misstep by rolling out a hybrid version of its Civic instead of a hybrid-only model.

“The real competition has just begun,” Fukui...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience