Dilemma on choosing Recond Sport Car

Status
Not open for further replies.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Need help from experience people here, I having dilemma on choosing what Recond sport car to buy
1. Fd2R - Good car, easy to find spare part, but no spare tyre, and very bumpy ride.
2. FN2R - Hard to find spare part, and less power.
3. DC5R - Nice sporty look
4. Golf GTI - Well balance car, but DSG gear box problem ?
5. Audi TT - spare part expensive? since it is AUDI
6. Subaru V9 - Turbo car, any overheat issue?
7. Evo 9 - Good power, good look, but interior like driving proton Wira
8. Subaru BRZ - very nice car, lack of power, may be STI version

My concern are
a. Reliable - Not much problem, not those car always in workshop more then driving, less headache.
b. Spare part - Not over price, at least fair enough, and easy to get.
c. I like turbo car, but overheat become my main concern, as I always stuck in KL traffic jam.
d. Fuel consumption - I not those super rich guy, but at least I affordable.
Since your concerns are the 4 above. Only a Toyota Celica GTS suits you.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
before going all out suggesting recommendation of cars, let's see how a sports car can be defined through:-

Car manufacture (brand name) - toyota, honda, etc (definitely not LADA, right?)

Car model line- Supra, NSX, MR2, etc

Car engine power, torque, rev-vability, etc, also look at CC. (surely stock 600cc kancil cannot be called a sports car right?)

Car performance (top speed, agility, 0-100 dash, etc) which could be related to the weigh of the car, etc. -In addition, a car with ""all-look, but no-go"" cannot be called a sports car. (if like that, Ah Beng's car with fake scoop, big-ass GT wing, 17inch rim, canard, fake diffuser, interfooler should be a sports car liow)

Pedigree (say, Hyundai Coupe, looks like sports car, but lack repo or racing, track-proven car).

Car layout (FF, FR, Mid engine, etc)

No of seating, no. of door, etc

Wow factor, rarity, oddity value (but how about an uncle-Volvo 240 plonked in with a 2JZ engine?)

Price of the sports car. (if the car is truly a sports car, surely it cant be listed under "cheap sale" or "best bargain" in MotorTrader?)

beatnik

500 RPM
Nov 28, 2004
Visit site
Need help from experience people here, I having dilemma on choosing what Recond sport car to buy
1. Fd2R - Good car, easy to find spare part, but no spare tyre, and very bumpy ride.
2. FN2R - Hard to find spare part, and less power.
3. DC5R - Nice sporty look
4. Golf GTI - Well balance car, but DSG gear box problem ?
5. Audi TT - spare part expensive? since it is AUDI
6. Subaru V9 - Turbo car, any overheat issue?
7. Evo 9 - Good power, good look, but interior like driving proton Wira
8. Subaru BRZ - very nice car, lack of power, may be STI version

My concern are
a. Reliable - Not much problem, not those car always in workshop more then driving, less headache.
b. Spare part - Not over price, at least fair enough, and easy to get.
c. I like turbo car, but overheat become my main concern, as I always stuck in KL traffic jam.
d. Fuel consumption - I not those super rich guy, but at least I affordable.
Since you can't choose, then don't buy yet. If you ask 10 diff people, you will most likely get 10 different opinions, and they will pick a car that you may not like :banghead:

Since you are in a limbo, let me help you narrow down your criteria:
1) Cheap and easy to maintain
2) Consumes only RON95
3) N/A only

You didn't mention how many horse powah you need.. so something like the new Suzuki Swift Sport fits the bill - it's affordable, easy to maintain & reliable, BRAND new, and somewhat "sporty" the way you see it :biggrin:

I'm not gonna suggest 208 GTi since it's a turbo and frenchkissers are not known for their reliability :biggrin: (it will be new and with warranty though)

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
These are sports cars?
Aiya taikor.. Audi TT ok laah.. boleh pass la. The rest probably should be classified as "performance cars"
Hahaha yeah, I think the TT & BRZ can be somewhat a sports car. Then you got those that are somewhat 'sporty' cars like the Golf GTI, DC5R, and FN2R. Then you have the performance cars like Evo, WRX STI, and FD2R.

If want more pure sports car, then maybe should also consider Honda S2000 and Nissan Silvia S15R. If don't care much about maintenance, should also consider Skyline GTR R34/R33/R32, that's surely a killer sports car already but maybe would not fit TS criteria.
Btw a sports car does not necessarily have to have monstrous power levels, right? Even a Mazda Miata can be classified as a sports car, I think. :biggrin:

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
based on the list and what i will buy is

Volkswagen Golf GTI

powerful enough on stock based, if not satisfied go sunway ask ask for stage 1 stage2 stage3 upgrade(any that u wish)

its not manual, it wont make you dulan when stuck at traffic jam.

DSG no problem, the fluid itself more expensive only

suitable for daily drive.

the rest NOT NGAM you, i mean based on the car list you provided

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
A wira interior? I can live with that! Evo evo evo evo evo evo...
Many taikor here drives turbo. They don't have much overheat also lar.
Let's categorize cars using tuner, exotic, or muscle.
All of these are tuner cars though. Audi TT might be exotic.

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
hahaha, so many suggestions and good reasons given by sifu in zth.....

Then, suddenly the threadstarter may drop the bomb........budget for sportscar is oni 15k:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Audi TT not even close to be categorise as exotic ride. Same goes to RCZ. Exotic are like Lamborghini, Audi R8, Ferrari and etcs.

YYC

1,500 RPM
Dec 30, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
You can't just take every single thing into your consideration while choosing a car, because you won't get one match up. A recond turbo sport car with low maintenance and daily crazy traffic driver plus good fc where to find on earth?

Never mind bro, if you can afford a sport car, keep it at home and show it off on weekend streets while let your reliable workhorse take the daily beating on weekdays. Sport car is like your mistress which deserves to be treated like a mistress - leave the house chores to your wife.

6UE5t

6,000 RPM
Oct 8, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Never mind bro, if you can afford a sport car, keep it at home and show it off on weekend streets while let your reliable workhorse take the daily beating on weekdays. Sport car is like your mistress which deserves to be treated like a mistress - leave the house chores to your wife.
Whahahaha, you're so bad bro! :biggrin:

ken yeang

6,000 RPM
Feb 2, 2006
You can't just take every single thing into your consideration while choosing a car, because you won't get one match up. A recond turbo sport car with low maintenance and daily crazy traffic driver plus good fc where to find on earth?

hahahaha, i thought the house chores is left to house maid these days.

Anyway,

Sports car (drive only during weekend)= mistress
daily car (drive daily) = wife
Company car (drive it like rental) = house maid

dkny

Known Member
Jul 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
well well, this what so call " Sport Car " I only drive as second car / week end car, because I already had one.
I just dilemma on choosing what car I gona buy, perhaps may be after next 2 months. So now I open this post to see what u guy opinion, and hopefully for those REAL OWNER of those car I mentioned come here and share his experience, instead talking crap, or share link what "Sport Car" mean.
This section is for car discussion->Car talk, but some people here talk so funny. If you want to share, just write, no one force you to give crap comment here. Respect people if u want people respect you.

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 09:11 PM ----------

based on the list and what i will buy is

Volkswagen Golf GTI

powerful enough on stock based, if not satisfied go sunway ask ask for stage 1 stage2 stage3 upgrade(any that u wish)

its not manual, it wont make you dulan when stuck at traffic jam.

DSG no problem, the fluid itself more expensive only

suitable for daily drive.

the rest NOT NGAM you, i mean based on the car list you provided
I like GTI, only concern Gear box problem, as many used car trader told me the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

We’re more than sure that you’ve asked yourself a question like this at some point; how much does the “X” car cost in other countries? Well, we decided to try to answer that question for the “Z” car, aka the Nissan 350Z which is available in most countries. For time’s sake, we searched for the price of the entry-level (standard equipment differs in each country) Nissan 350Z in 23 markets all over the world converting prices...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience