Izso

Boooooossst
Helmet Clan

Izso

Boooooossst
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
l be a lot lower, but scared as some other people say the fc is high. But then again, got some people say the fc will be on par with inspira.

If its only for me... I just go for wira 1.6 auto. Hehehe... But its gonna be my wife's daily car (only go fetch kids from school) and balik kampung car, so need to find something nice for me and her.
Dude.. if it's for the missus to drive around don't buy the Airtrek turbo. FC for the manual variant is about 7-8km/L on a good day and if your wife is only just doing the school run - your FC is gonna be reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally bad. On a Myvi doing short school runs it's about 7-8km/L already, on a turbo charged 2.0 1.2 ton MPV it's gonna be worse. And I'm assuming you're gonna buy the auto version for the wife to drive which has even worse FC compared to the manual. Maybe 5-6km/L at best for school runs and oh - if I'm not mistaken you can only run RON97 right? Really GG bro.. GG..

If it's for highway runs like balik kampung - then the Airtrek is a nice car to go in assuming you find a stock one. If it has an exhaust my god the droning exhaust and all will kill you.

Forget the inspira and airtrek la. Buy a Vios or Altis since it's for the wife. Less headache, easy to drive, relatively ok maintenance costs and price is about the same depending on model and year.

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Need to share car for daily, sure headache. Good for wife, not for husband, good for husband , not for wife.......lol

Izso

Boooooossst
Helmet Clan

Izso

Boooooossst
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Need to share car for daily, sure headache. Good for wife, not for husband, good for husband , not for wife.......lol
not always the case. You see this @TitanRev fella.. his wife lagi performance kaki than he is except he's the one modding the cars. She's the one telling him that her car needs more power. LOL

drill

500 RPM

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
Dude.. if it's for the missus to drive around don't buy the Airtrek turbo. FC for the manual variant is about 7-8km/L on a good day and if your wife is only just doing the school run - your FC is gonna be reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally bad. On a Myvi doing short school runs it's about 7-8km/L already, on a turbo charged 2.0 1.2 ton MPV it's gonna be worse. And I'm assuming you're gonna buy the auto version for the wife to drive which has even worse FC compared to the manual. Maybe 5-6km/L at best for school runs and oh - if I'm not mistaken you can only run RON97 right? Really GG bro.. GG..

If it's for highway runs like balik kampung - then the Airtrek is a nice car to go in assuming you find a stock one. If it has an exhaust my god the droning exhaust and all will kill you.

Forget the inspira and airtrek la. Buy a Vios or Altis since it's for the wife. Less headache, easy to drive, relatively ok maintenance costs and price is about the same depending on model and year.

Thanks for the thoughts. Well, for now, yes it's going to be the car for her daily use and for us to balik kampung. Maybe later will get a kancil for her daily use... But that's just later la.
I dont really drive every day, coz i i prefer to use my scooter. And if i were to drive to work also i will use my mazda. Much fun to drive except if stuck in jam.

I've heard people saying that it can run on ron95. But members here ( from what i read in other thread), need to run on 97. Not sure which is more accurate

lsm1991

1,000 RPM

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Thanks for the thoughts. Well, for now, yes it's going to be the car for her daily use and for us to balik kampung. Maybe later will get a kancil for her daily use... But that's just later la.
I dont really drive every day, coz i i prefer to use my scooter. And if i were to drive to work also i will use my mazda. Much fun to drive except if stuck in jam.

I've heard people saying that it can run on ron95. But members here ( from what i read in other thread), need to run on 97. Not sure which is more accurate
whichever it is, its still a guzzler. generally stock on stock boost, it can run 95. many run higher boost and whatnot , then get stuck with 97

just saying~ forrester, legacy ... caldina < after trying em out, those are better cars. If you dont plan of turning the airtrek into an evo, the caldina being a better daily imo

**cant remember if you mentioned a budget

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
Even though we are not married, i have a Volvo S60 for the missus, both of us enjoy the car alot. Fast enough for me and comfy enough for her.

Izso

Boooooossst
Helmet Clan

Izso

Boooooossst
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

I'd avoid the airtrek if I were you. It's going to be fun until the fuel bills hit you. Even with RON95, 6-8km/L is not fun at all. But if you're a 4G63T kaki and don't mind the weight of the car, it's spacious, it's very comfortable and it rides like a tank. Don't expect quick handling traits in a stock Airtrek though because it's not a light car. Visibility is pretty impressive for its size so yeah - a lady drive might appreciate it.

Don't buy kancils anymore la. These days the all sorts of cars get hammered on the road so badly I would hate to imagine what will happen to an ancient kancil. At the very least look at the Axia or Picanto if you're gonna go small.

drill

500 RPM

drill

500 RPM
Nov 18, 2003
Damansara
Guys,
Thanks for all the input. In the end i choose airtrek after all.

So far, used it for balik kampung. Can say that I'm satisfied with its power and fc. Not as bad as i expected.

A week use in town driving, for rm30 manage to get me around 160km.

Balik kampung journey yesterday took almost half tank for 240km. Not hiway driving btw... Using the kuala selangor old trunk road until perak, then continue a bit on WCE.

It is a bit hi on fc compared to newer car. But i give it in for the power and comfort. My previous perdana with RVR turbo auto was worse.

Thanks again all

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008
I'd avoid the airtrek if I were you. It's going to be fun until the fuel bills hit you. Even with RON95, 6-8km/L is not fun at all. But if you're a 4G63T kaki and don't mind the weight of the car, it's spacious, it's very comfortable and it rides like a tank. Don't expect quick handling traits in a stock Airtrek though because it's not a light car. Visibility is pretty impressive for its size so yeah - a lady drive might appreciate it.

Don't buy kancils anymore la. These days the all sorts of cars get hammered on the road so badly I would hate to imagine what will happen to an ancient kancil. At the very least look at the Axia or Picanto if you're gonna go small.
Guess your advise didn't work on him ! He went to the dark side, he's gone.

alcyon

500 RPM

alcyon

500 RPM
Sep 13, 2015
Kuala Lumpur
Guys,

So far, used it for balik kampung. Can say that I'm satisfied with its power and fc. Not as bad as i expected.

Balik kampung journey yesterday took almost half tank for 240km. Not hiway driving btw... Using the kuala selangor old trunk road until perak, then continue a bit on WCE.

It is a bit hi on fc compared to newer car. But i give it in for the power and comfort. My previous perdana with RVR turbo auto was worse.

Thanks again all
Is the airtrek modded or stock.

lsm1991

1,000 RPM

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
Guys,

Thanks again all
rvr auto turbo is worse?.. should be terbalik

Izso

Boooooossst
Helmet Clan

Izso

Boooooossst
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Guys,

Thanks again all
Good on ya dude. Just pls don't buy that Kancil. RM30 is RON95 or 97? If RON95 that's almost 11km/L which is bloody incredible. If that's RON97 it's even more incredible! How did you drive bro?

Guess your advise didn't work on him ! He went to the dark side, he's gone.
Advice? Nah. I didn't advise anything. I just threw everything I know/didn't know and the fella made an informed decision based on all the advice given to him from me an the rest. That's the best way to decide things. I personally don't like following just because people shoving down "advice" down your throat.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Guys,

Need some opinion. Recently I've test drive 2 cars. Both from the same manufacturing year, 2010. Proton Inspira 2.0 and Chevy Cruze 1.8.

Proton Inspira 2.0 premium 2010 - RM33K OTR
Chevrolet Cruze 1.8 LT Sport 2010 - RM23K OTR

Look wise, Inspira looks a bit sporty. Cruze is more elegant. I dont really mind the looks for both, looks good to me.

Interior, Inspira looks like a common car of that year of make. Cruze looks like a modern car. I mean in terms of the layout of the dashboard.

Revving at idle, Inspira throttle response is more responsive compare to Cruze. However, when in gear, initial acceleration, Cruze is much more better.

Gear shifting both are smooth in auto mode. In manual mode, Cruze lacks a bit of kick compare to Inspira (or maybe it was my imagination).

Steering response, in changing lanes and going between traffic, Inspira can be consider sharp. Cruze, hard to say, i made a u turn test while chit chatting with the salesman, i didnt realize that i already made out of the u turn. So not sure to say if the steering response for Cruze is sharper or it is simply very comfortable until i didn't realize.

Comfort in cabin. Cut short, Cruze wins. Seats are more ergonomic for the driver, no noise coming from outside. Inspira is just the opposite.

Boot space, Cruze wins.

Now is the part that i dont know.

Spare part price for both models.
Fuel consumption for both models.
Resell value for both models.

If only i can get this missing information, maybe it will really help me to decide.

Thanks.

how good are you on car maintenance or doing mechanical basic or atleast able to indentify which area/part are problematic in a car?
and how good your workshop on maintaining both car?

and i would say...between inspira 2.0, cruze 1.8.... go for inspira 1.8 will be a better option on long run....

while inspira drives great, the 2.0 came only in cvt scooter gearbox...(hence u didnt feel acceleration that punch)
the cruze...looks great, feels great... support like parts and workshop for maintenance confirm headache...unless u want to stuck with service center cut throat...

hence... came the inspira 1.8.... even got manual gearbox option if you look around

ixeo

4,000 RPM

ixeo

4,000 RPM
Jun 26, 2005
KL, Malaysia
how good are you on car maintenance or doing mechanical basic or atleast able to indentify which area/part are problematic in a car?

and i would say...between inspira 2.0, cruze 1.8.... go for inspira 1.8 will be a better option on long run....

while inspira drives great, the 2.0 came only in cvt scooter gearbox...(hence u didnt feel acceleration that punch)
the cruze...looks great, feels great... support like parts and workshop for maintenance confirm headache...unless u want to stuck with service center cut throat...

hence... came the inspira 1.8.... even got manual gearbox option if you look around
He buy Airtrek already.. cause he come to zero to hundred..and Airtrek is the fastest compare to Inspira and Cruze

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM

Mitevo7

1,000 RPM
Jan 14, 2008

Dude he went for an Airtrek Turbo.