did anyone know what is B18CR petrol type?(RON 95 or RON 97)

Mavrick chan

Dec 9, 2010
ipoh
i planning to buy a civic ek hatch patch with B18CR so can i know what is this engine can use which petrol.
if someone know about it pls let me know
thanks a lot....

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
B18CR? No need to ask, straight away know its RON97 la... In fact I think the higher RON the better for such high comp and high rev engine but sadly, our country no RON99.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
All B18CRs are designed to run on RON-100 petrol which is a rather high octane requirement. To cater for lower octane petrols, Honda made use of the knock-sensor, a standard fitting to all Honda's DOHC-VTEC engine to retard the engine's ignition timing to avoid detonation. As a result, if owners of Integra Type-Rs runs with lower octane petrol, the power output will be less than Honda's spec'ed 200ps.
source

u can run RON95...but not without some serious re-tuning. strongly advise against it. and dont complain if the car is sluggish, no power etc if u run RON95

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Speaking from my friend's blacktop 20V, RON95 can. But just don't do sudden acceleration at low revs or rev it too high. In other words, do not put lots of load on the engine. The blacktop experience knock when put under high load. B18CR will be worse.

TOMEI-R

500 RPM
Jan 14, 2004
Honda's spec sheets states that the horsepower of the Type R B18C are at 200 Hp. These is based on the fact that the car was running at Ron99 which is available in Japan. Here we only have Ron 97 at best. Even Shell V-Power is still Ron 97. I know some owners who detune their cars with management to run on Ron95 but to me I dont see a point to that. A few friends who did that actually notice a bit of knocking in the engine especially when its quiet at night. So its your choice. I fuel my car (B18C Type R) only with Ron97 because its not a daily driver. Consumption on the B18C was never meant to be good. So buy a daily driver to fuel with Ron95 if you want to save.

Ling Reiden

From Facebook
Nov 4, 2010
www.facebook.com
RON 97 bro....Shell V-Power racing,Caltex Tech-RON or Esso Mobil 1 .....my friend's dolphin B18cR using RON97 also...he not using RON95 due to knocking and lose power ...better RON97 cleaner your valve and combustion chamber too

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
im running ron95 on my b18cr. yes knocking is noticeable thus i reduced the ignition. also, not a daily driver so i dont experience it everyday.

Mavrick chan

Dec 9, 2010
ipoh
thanks all of ur comment so but i need to sell mr seg silver top 1st than i can changed to ek hatch patch with B18CR.

arrowhead

Aug 20, 2004
Damansara/PJ
that is because, everytime i pump my car full tank, my dad will drive it to his golf course and during the weekend, when i want to drive, petrol sudah empty.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Bro, you should do this. Just pump enough for your journey!

Midthraan Gunasegaran

From Facebook
Oct 15, 2010
www.facebook.com
you guys are just noob la. Im from TOC. the otomotif college. Im from melaka. I study diploma in motorsport technology. Regarding about race car prepare la... Come talk cork infront of me ?
IM MIDTHARAN....

Ling Reiden

From Facebook
Nov 4, 2010
www.facebook.com
that is because, everytime i pump my car full tank, my dad will drive it to his golf course and during the weekend, when i want to drive, petrol sudah empty.
oh no wonder la...wa your dad still driving type-R huh....i can see your dad still have fire within him:driver:

Bro, you should do this. Just pump enough for your journey!
ya lo agree with him arrorhead

you guys are just noob la. Im from TOC. the otomotif college. Im from melaka. I study diploma in motorsport technology. Regarding about race car prepare la... Come talk cork infront of me ?
IM MIDTHARAN....
Ahaha good luck to you bro FB acc been hack and been used over here....:aetsch:

mrtuner

Known Member
Mar 11, 2012
Penang
im running ron95 on my b18cr. yes knocking is noticeable thus i reduced the ignition. also, not a daily driver so i dont experience it everyday.
Interesting to know and very informative indeed. :D

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi,

I'm soon to be in receipt of a Suzuki Vitara - not the best of cars i know, but beggars can't be choosers.

Basically, it's got an amp, sub, alpine MP3/iPod player, but i want to go a lot further than this.

I'd like to know if anyone has a built in computer (not a car computer, a real one, like "Shuttle" which do small cube PC's). http://www.microdirect.co.uk/productinfo.aspx?ProductID=14767&GroupID=0...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience