Deactivate Steelmate 838G Voice

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
I have this Steelmate Alarm. I am not sure but I believe it's the 898G model. This alarm came with the car when I bought it 2 years ago. So, I don't have the manual. I tried Googling for it but I still can't get it. A seller in zth also said that he doesn't have the manual online but can try searching in YouTube. I found a few videos but it wasn't what I wanted (but at least I know how to use the remote start function now after 2 years). I even went to a few accessories shop that sells Steelmate. Even they don't know how to deactivate the voice as mine is the older model.

I would really appreciate if anyone here can teach me how to do it. I know it can be deactivated. It was just recently activated when I sent my car to the workshop. Don't know what or how they did it. Now, they also don't know. All denied playing with my alarm.

Here is the link that looks similar to mine:
STEEL-MATE Think safety Think Steelmate

Hope someone can help me out here. Thanks.

Last edited:

ehdrian

I Don't Care!
Dec 14, 2006
Penang
Bro, i used dis alarm in my prev car b4, but mine without a voice function though.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
There was a typo is the topic. It was supposed to be 898G. Sorry my bad. But thanks anyway Izso because the link you gave me actually gave me some ideas on how this works.

Anyway, I have found out how to turn off the voice warning function. I tried pressing all buttons and with different combinations. Finally, I got it.

Here's what I have learned today.

1. Press and hold both the lock and unlock buttons at the same time for about 3 seconds. When you do this, you can set the display time and also the alarm (like an alarm clock).

2. Press and hold the mute button at the left side of the transmitter and the unlock button at the same time for about 3 seconds. This is to turn on/off the voice warning function.

3. Press and hold the mute button and the lock button at the same time for about 3 seconds. This will allow you to open the trunk. However, I think this function is only for cars that comes with the feature originally. Mine is an old car, so it only shows you that the trunk is opening on the transmitter but it doesn't actually open.

totti

Known Member
Nov 16, 2003
Rome
Visit site
thank the heavens for this thread.. I hated the voice alarm so much on my steelmate (don't remember which model it was installed way back in 2005 or thereabouts by my mom, lol) till I unplugged the alarm speaker/siren completely.. back then I remember going back to the shop where the steelmate was installed somewhere in taman tun, and I asked the staff there if it's possible to turn off the voice.. the bugger said no, with a confused look on his face
I finally searched on the net on how to turn the voice alarm off since this second old car of mine is more valuable now due to the new engine and I've been driving it around a lot more than my first car :P

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

When it comes to automotive makers, there is no better way to measure success than to sit back and count the number of cars sold within a perticular time-frame. With BMW Group Malaysia, they have achieved new heights in the first quarter of 2012 for its brands - BMW, MINI and Motorrad. As of March 2012, a total of 1,516 vehicles - consisting of 1,362...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience