d'carbonize treatment..

redsunz

Known Member
Mar 22, 2007
hye guy..
need sum question about this product..
which one r the effective one..and
curious about long term effect to the engine T/B.

Redsunz

huakenny

LB Performance
Feb 24, 2005
Kota Kinabalu
Visit site
im using Carb cleaner/antirust to clean Throtle body.

for combustion chamber, im using distilled water + decarb treatment, i get from singapore. guess cant find it outside....

normaly decarbonize only go to combustion chamber areas....but how bout ur throttle body? its still dirty.....so try to clean it as well...it wil be beter

my2cent

redsunz

Known Member
Mar 22, 2007
thanks 4 the infomation.... hehehe

Nov 18, 2006
Myself is operating a car service center in Kajang. I had sell a decarbonize product which in fluids form since 2 years ago. The result is fantastic. It's easy to clean carbon by just start on your engine and have a direct spray to the throttle body, simultaneously it could cleansing your TTB, combustion chamber, and o2 sensor. No lie at all, because we use a pin hole camera to prove before and after service.

GNandGS

Known Member
Feb 24, 2006
The BG products work very well... made in my home state too!

One very effective method for major deposits and not just a light cleaning is to use a small feed connected to a vacuum port - let the engine pull in a dribble while it runs.

NOT TOO MUCH at once. A cool tool for this are those "can taps". With one of those you can regulate the flow... nice. http://www.liftmyrod.com/AirConditioning/CanTaps/MSC-85530.jpg and http://store.lenzdist.com/shopimages/products/thumbnails/AECT438N.gif

With only a little left, shut the engine off and pour the rest in the inlet. Again, not too much as hydrolocking is a bad thing. Let it sit for a couple of hours and when you start it back up it will fog like crazy (so dont do it close to your door heh)

You can also do this with tank additives and I would recommend you do. The method I described above is for severe cases. There are some instances where it wouldnt have to be a severe need but those are rare and more about tweaking for performance.

Water, alchohol, etc all work too but if done often there might be tradeoffs.

HTH!

GNandGS

Known Member
Feb 24, 2006
Lets define that.

It "works" if you have carbon buildup. You wont be able to tell though unless the carbon buildup is giving you symptoms. Pinging is a common trait, but I have witnessed many moons ago a few Chrysler minivans that used to come into the dealership that knocked.

Yeah, KNOCKED. Sounded like a rod bearing had gone out resulting in a piston smacking the head. You can guess that it was NOT a bearing. That was my first introduction to BG products. It had come filtered down from the techs at corporate that certain fuel grades under certain conditions were resulting in a LARGE amount of buildup. We used 1/2 or 3/4 can on the engine while running, dumping in the rest after shut down via intake. A second can was added to the tank. Mesquito killer!

I tell that long story because I almost dont believe it myself. Never witnessed other vehicles with that problem again. Wild eh?

For the "tuners" slapping on turbos and the like with altered timing advance etc, you can sometimes run a little closer to the razors edge by having clean cyl IF the "dirty" cylinders were limiting you. Oil has a low octane and ridding yourself of it (and any carbon buildup) may allow for another lb of boost or degree of timing.

This isnt a BG commercial. Other products are out there. In my opinion the majority of cars that can use a top engine clean or "treatment" can make do with the kind you just dump in the gas tank. No need to get fancy.

nitrus

2,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2005
This isnt a BG commercial. Other products are out there. In my opinion the majority of cars that can use a top engine clean or "treatment" can make do with the kind you just dump in the gas tank. No need to get fancy.
What about those Carbureter Cleaner Spray ? Won't it clean the whole thing too?

GNandGS

Known Member
Feb 24, 2006
No, Im describing a process to remove carbon buildup internally.

99.9% of anyone reading this will likely never need to do it. If anything at all, ever, a small bottle of cleaner added during petrol fillup will be all you need... and even that isnt something you have to do on any regular basis IF at all.

I only mentioned it because I was reminded of that crazy story AND there are a few instances where someone might want to be thorough.

In my case it was so I could run as much boost/timing as possible and I had some buildup with oily deposits getting in the way. At that time I was looking for 20+psi on the street.

Carb cleaner has its uses but not now.

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
yeah.....nowadays....that is the latest thing...decarb this decarb that....now so far i already heard 3 different brands...PRofessor, CF1, D'carbo and the list goes on....how would we know what is the content in each of this bottle??? all say safe to use no harm to converter or o2 sensor.....man...automobile industry really can make money...

GNandGS

Known Member
Feb 24, 2006
Something I have not checked here but is required in the US is to have the MSDS (Material Safety Data Sheet), If I recall properly, on hand for instant recall. This is mostly for emergency responders should there be a spill etc.

They are also required to produce it on request by ANYone. I have taken advantage of this to see the full ingredient list for octane boosters (more snake oil). That was years ago though.... now with all the info on the internet and better product labels I doubt you have to.

Shorter reply: doesnt the label show whats in it? Most of them will have the same "active ingredient".

Fuels are a lot cleaner these days also which helps, BUT with all the stop and go drivinng in KL I could see a use for the occasional additive. Once a year maybe? The description I confused everyone with in an earlier post is for sever cases - now Im talking about stuff you just put in the tank.

NSkyline

Known Member
Jul 2, 2005
Subang Jaya
agree...with u but some locally developed decarbonizer....rarely provide what is the ingredient mostly mentioned is non-solvent base but vegetative based....talking about MSDS sheet....dont even hope those guys to provide us....here in malaysia...people are yet educated on this......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Courtesy of several European magazines, twelve high-resolution images of the all new Land Rover LRX concept have leaked online ahead of the crossover’s official debut. In the first half of this year, Land Rover released a single teaser image of the two door SUV. It will be on display at the Detroit auto show.

Its styling seems to be the same as the recently revealed BMW X6. This seems to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience