DC5 Advice

akuma

3,000 RPM
Jul 16, 2005
Kuantan
hasukyo,
i'm not too sure abt DC5Rs/FD2Rs but according 2 my track sifu who races an EG6,he warned me against using teflon/poly bushes like Superpro or Energy...reason being they r TOO stiff whc will upset ur suspensions' supposed geometry/movement.......hard rubber is d way 2 go...reputable tuners like Mugen & Spoon only uses hard rubber bushing 4 their race cars....n as per my sifu,dis hard rubber bushings r more comfortable compared w d poly/teflon type....
i think Hard Race has d items ur looking 4 ur car....n no lar..dis is not a promotion.just sharing wat i know..
cheers

khilside

Jun 14, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
anyone have experience with Mugen Rev R oils?

Jacky from JC recommended them to me over Motul 300V.

http://dp.image-gmkt.com/gd_detail/2010/03/27/16/20100327171118993037_800_0.JPG
Why dont you try HKS Super N/A.

---------- Post added at 06:16 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 05:56 PM ----------

Akuma is right. 'hard rubber' from Mugen contain less % of polyurethane. superpro has higher % of PU. dont go for teflon as it is too hard, hardest among PU and 'hard rubber'.

ive installed superpro for front lower arm only coz the original honda bushing can only stand for 2 + months (after i change the suspension sys). Handling is sharper, car is abit harsher on bumpy road. some people cannot stand it. a friend of mine change back to original bushing. worth of changing it.

afariq

Known Member
Nov 2, 2005
Been using this for the past 2 oil change, so far so good. Will stick to this for the next one.

Last edited:

hasukyo

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
hasukyo,
i'm not too sure abt DC5Rs/FD2Rs but according 2 my track sifu who races an EG6,he warned me against using teflon/poly bushes like Superpro or Energy...reason being they r TOO stiff whc will upset ur suspensions' supposed geometry/movement.......hard rubber is d way 2 go...reputable tuners like Mugen & Spoon only uses hard rubber bushing 4 their race cars....n as per my sifu,dis hard rubber bushings r more comfortable compared w d poly/teflon type....
i think Hard Race has d items ur looking 4 ur car....n no lar..dis is not a promotion.just sharing wat i know..
cheers
thanks akuma, hmm..then i might need to reconsider it again..coz actually my car already installed the hard rubber from mugen, installed it 2 years ago..but not much diff lol..

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
last time went to track with mugen rev oil..engine feel light and always want to rev up.but the price quite exp zzz.
price is roundabout the same as 300V.

its a premium oil, and most premiums cost roughly the same.

wonder who mugen is taking their oils from though, because i'm pretty sure its just "rebranded" from some other brand.

the good part is "Integra Type R" is listed on the packaging. +10 confidence points. :biggrin::biggrin:

supernova

Known Member
Sep 9, 2005
KL
thanks akuma, hmm..then i might need to reconsider it again..coz actually my car already installed the hard rubber from mugen, installed it 2 years ago..but not much diff lol..

stiff bushing does not affect handling, it is the natural substance fo the material that caused the problem.
PU being a sticky substance, causes the biggest handling problem by binding. during movement our suspension arm moving up and down the bushing suppose to allow twisting movement and being sticky, PU will bind and when forced to rotate, it iwll start wearing by grinding against the arms. thats why PU bushes always give out annoying "yik yik" sound. the sound not just annoying, it means your bushes is starting to wear. another problem of binding is that it will create a lifting effect insted of planting.

The problem with DC5 basic mcstruct set up is lack of front end feel or lack of feedback to driver.
The ultimate setup for DC5 / EP3 / ES is t installed offset front lower arm pillow ball bushing together with roll centre adjuster. The "offset" bush will increase castors that not just allow more outside wheel camber angle, but also increase steerign feel. RCA is neccessary to counter roll, as mcstruct setup does not allow high spring rate (unless single purpose race car), RCA will help to reduce roll.

As for the tie rod end problem, hardrace is currently R&D a up right tie rod end to solve the lowered car toe setting problem as well as ..............just wait for it to arrive and test it yourself.

Last edited:

hasukyo

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
stiff bushing does not affect handling, it is the natural substance fo the material that caused the problem.
PU being a sticky substance, causes the biggest handling problem by binding. during movement our suspension arm moving up and down the bushing suppose to allow twisting movement and being sticky, PU will bind and when forced to rotate, it iwll start wearing by grinding against the arms. thats why PU bushes always give out annoying "yik yik" sound. the sound not just annoying, it means your bushes is starting to wear. another problem of binding is that it will create a lifting effect insted of planting.

The problem with DC5 basic mcstruct set up is lack of front end feel or lack of feedback to driver.
The ultimate setup for DC5 / EP3 / ES is t installed offset front lower arm pillow ball bushing together with roll centre adjuster. The "offset" bush will increase castors that not just allow more outside wheel camber angle, but also increase steerign feel. RCA is neccessary to counter roll, as mcstruct setup does not allow high spring rate (unless single purpose race car), RCA will help to reduce roll.

As for the tie rod end problem, hardrace is currently R&D a up right tie rod end to solve the lowered car toe setting problem as well as ..............just wait for it to arrive and test it yourself.
thanks for the feedback bro, i see alot of track car is using pillowball bushing + RCA, since
pillowball is not suitable for street , coz it will also give u annoying sound ,
dats y i'm thinking if PU is the alternate solution. well, maybe i'll just get the tierod end..
when it's coming out anyway?

supernova

Known Member
Sep 9, 2005
KL
There are quite a few DC5/EP3 running hardrace pillow ball front lower arm as well as EK and EG on street car. Noise is not really an issue if installed properly. Hardrace pillow ball are either delrinn lined or cover with rubber dust boot.
The tie rod end should be out in 3 -4 months time as the factory has just begin to R&D.

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
eh guys... my stock gearknob is quite scuffed up.. so thinking to change to the Skunk2 weighted knob.

does anyone know if the Skunk2 knob is heavier than the stock Type-R? Its rated at 440gms, but i cant find anything on how much the stock knob weighs....

Any ideas?

oh also, our Type-R's come stock with a "short shifter" right?

would it be worth it to change it out for lets say a Skunk2 Short Shifter? Would the gear throw distance be reduced further, or is it the same?

Last edited:
Nov 25, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
Hi,

I am planning to get a DC5 R.
As my nick name here, I'm a newbie in car tech.

Anyone can enlighten me on this car?
Btw, its kinda difficult to find this car in the market.
Any of you know someone is selling?

kimoka

Known Member
Jul 20, 2006
Anyone knows if DC5R shares the same air conditioning compressor with other models?
Or what the part number is?

Mine just kong ><

Faceless

Jan 17, 2005
Hi,

I am planning to get a DC5 R.
As my nick name here, I'm a newbie in car tech.

Anyone can enlighten me on this car?
Btw, its kinda difficult to find this car in the market.
Any of you know someone is selling?
you can get unregistered from mutiara motor, cheaper by 10K compared to KL price... and they are selling genuine manufacturing year make. i get mine 148k for year 2006

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all, i'm planning on to retrofit my Perdana V6 headlamps but it seems that I need to remove my bumper to get the headlights out...anyone here familiar with removing a PV6 bumper? Thanks...:wavey:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience