DC5 Advice

bb1-man

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
Q8 F1 or IDEMITSU extreme (the one where the poster got S&M chick with a whip). 10w-50. Thick, difficult to burn off. but a bit heavy lar but as oil temp goes up it should improve.

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor
I can get it directly from Shell, unlikely that they would sell the fake one right?
Get it form the Retail Station. Its genuine.

---------- Post added at 11:00 AM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

A lot of story out there saying, it's very hard to get original Shell Helix lubricant.

80% stocks in the market are all recycle/different brand lubricant with the packing of "NEW" Shell Helix bottle!
:bawling:
Buy at Retail Stations, dont buy it at spare parts shops. Its the original product.

Massive_InfusioN

Known Member
Jan 18, 2006
Selangor
So back to my question, is the genuine Helix good? Or Motul and other brands better?
Used helix ultra for my DC5 previously, not bad. However, my valve lifters slight tapping in the morning (not sure if it happens to other oil), engine is more silent and losses of oil when high revving is not that much. Used it for almost 8500km with 1 trackday then change it to Mobil 1. There was an occation where i topped up 1/4 of the 0.5 liter helix, which is very minimal.

Now using Mobil 1. Can feel very slight difference at first due to viscosity is lower than Helix Ultra, however its a 0W-40, my mechanic said it tends to evaporate / leak thru seals when high revving, but after one of the trackday, theres no loss at all... considering high revving at a very hot day & low viscosity oil.

hasukyo

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
saw 1 dc5 at subang yesterday, was driving another car, just curious who's the new owner?
WSF 99XX,coz it was owned by fitri last time who sold the car, would like to know how much u get for the ings gt wing? ori or replica?

hasukyo

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
lol..i've been looking for this GT wing but could not afford it, i can get original one since my bro is ings distributor, but super expensive and not worth it...more than 4k..

then yesterday saw my dream gt wing, but only can afford below 2k..if possible

NukeeZoid

2,000 RPM
Jan 26, 2005
further_seems_forever.blogspot.com
I dont think they are that they have the guts to do so, as they are closely monitored. Further more u can report it if its fake and the penalty is totally not worth it for them to do it..:biggrin:
haha. well... either way... i'm never using Shell Helix ever after seeing all those fake labels in my friend's office. :biggrin::biggrin:

hasukyo

500 RPM
Feb 26, 2008
anyone here who using superpro bushing for their car? mind to share your input? cost and review perhaps? i know some is using it....please share..i'm thinking to install it

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

what will happen if i pump normal diesel for new engine?
the petrol station near my house don't got euro5...the nearest petrol station that got sell euro5 is 1 hour more from my house..i looking for petronas brand only
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience