DC5 Advice

bb1-man

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
Hello guys,

I'm currently considering a DC5 type R as a replacement for my current car. Wondering if you guys have any advice to whether this car is recommended, or any other car would be better it its price range.

Driving style is daily grandmother-speed commute, with a bit of weekend fun on the hills + occasional track days.

I was well versed with the H22A before so I fully appreciate the versatility of honda engines. Maybe sifus here can comment in terms of price/performance/reliability/practicality of the DC5.

Thanks!

Last edited:

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
all 5star!

buy!

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
I just bought the DC5 R about 3 months ago and I think it’s a good buy. For me the fuel consumption is good. The stock suspension quite stiff but I think should be no problem for daily commute.

DC5 R + track day = better than sex

But, IMHO if you have more budgets, then better go with the new civic type R

i will add more later.

Last edited:

bb1-man

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
thanks for the inputs guys.

subcon,
i like the way u put it. better than sex :) anything common issues i should look out for when shopping?

FD type R is above budget :( but i can understand the plus points in terms of practicality.....

subcon

1,000 RPM
Apr 28, 2005
Turn 5
Practicality

It’s a two door coupe. Not much practicality there I suppose. But I noticed it has a rather big boot.

Performance

Well, IMHO the stock DC5 R is not that fast. But the handling is superb. It’s just so fun to drive. I’ve owned an EVO 7 before and I’ve noticed on track when negotiating corner the DC5 is easier compared to the EVO maybe due to the car's FF layout.

Reliability

Thumb up. I have taken part quite a few numbers of track day and so far I have no problem at all with the car. No rising temperature, no weird sound coming from somewhere and so on. I have belasah the car on track and so far so good!

Others

Well, just make sure the vtec ‘bukak’ before u purchase the car :). If u can, buy it from NAZA. They have 1 year warranty for recon cars. Terms and conditions applied.

Din_Kg_subang

Mar 31, 2008
maybe DCloo and Hiraku can help. 2 of them also very pandai and whole malaysia look help from them. later whole world also carik them. in malaysia they are pro only and all workshop also ask them. they pandai then honda japan and mat salleh.

Last edited by a moderator:

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
maybe DCloo and Hiraku can help. 2 of them also very pandai and whole malaysia look help from them. later whole world also carik them. in malaysia they are pro only and all workshop also ask them. they pandai then honda japan and mat salleh.
more pandai than jepunis,... huhuhuuuuuu!!!
malaysia bolehhhh,...

Din_Kg_subang

Mar 31, 2008
of course la. in malaysia dcloo know k serie only. hiraku got a lot education. soon all wokshop can close. mat salleh also ask help from them. mereka je yang hebat. orang lain semua bodoh. dia org yang cerdik

Last edited:

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
of course la. in malaysia dcloo know k serie only. hiraku got a lot education. soon all wokshop can close. mat salleh also ask help from them. mereka je yang hebat. orang lain semua bodoh. dia org yang cerdik

abg shiro also otai,...

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
dono la... maybe it's only me but i see dissatisfaction and disgust in din's postings... din... u got prob with the two guys ka?

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
dono la... maybe it's only me but i see dissatisfaction and disgust in din's postings... din... u got prob with the two guys ka?
aikksss,...
negative/positive posting kah????
pening,...

anyway,... bro thread starter,... buy!!! beli!!!
dc5 gang very happening!!! got lotsa broz here!!!

the dc5 and the fd2R gang!!!

bb1-man

500 RPM
Mar 29, 2005
hahahha thanks for the input guys! would love to meet u guys if u all ada coming tt. good opportunity for me to get feedback from the car from live owners!

fobs

3,000 RPM
Apr 6, 2007
hahahha thanks for the input guys! would love to meet u guys if u all ada coming tt. good opportunity for me to get feedback from the car from live owners!
i wonder where the other dc5r owners are,... normally they respond very fast on new owners or owners-to-be,...

only bro sub-con here,... the rest are main-con, con-sultant, con-netto kotttt

rapinsoul

Known Member
Sep 19, 2005
Petaling Jaya
BRO!! GET IT MAN

IF i have the cash now i will make sure its parked in my house 3 days from today.

DC5 R, I Belive Its Sexier Than A Woman Can Be :biggrin:

Compare To A Womens Moarn, DC5R's Roar When The VTEC Open Pleasures Me DAMN Well.

Cheers

Vagabond

1,500 RPM
Mar 1, 2007
i mean ........... if you like coupes ..... and if you like honda , basically, it's the top choice..... seeing we can't get the USDM Civic Si Coupe here.........

ask yourself a few things when you're choosing a car:

1) Can you imagine yourself in driving it?
2) Can you imagine the over-heads involved with it?
3) Can you imagine the number of women you'll get with it?

you have your answer.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Forget everything you know about modern motorsports for a while. Forget Mclaren, Renault, BMW, Red Bull. Forget Senna, Schumacher, Hakkinnen, Clark, Stewart, Hamilton and Alonso. Go back about 60 years, to a time where some of the names above didn't even exist as yet.

Motorsports was a vastly different game back then, one...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience