Datsun 510 Talk.

blitz3rs

Jan 22, 2006
Hehe~
Uncle Coldair, I'm going offshore again on 17th, so will offline 4 a while.

Aiks~ Uncle, I'm thinking of buying another 510, saw 1 parked condemn around Miri, condition quite ok .

Ask the owner three times for letting the Datto go, but then he dun wanna sell.
Haiz... Weird owner, since the datto parked condemn thr y dun he sell it to me....So that i can restore it

stroker_kit

Known Member
Jan 7, 2004
hi,
i just bought myself a 4drs 510 69' model with a stock L13 engine last saturday...
and i didnt expect 0-100 has a special thread for it...lucky me!!!
im from kuching and i have been playing with kcar mods(kenari) all this while...
since i have completed my kenari mods, its time to go old school...heheh...

i've been going thru the ozdat.com forum for the past few months, reading thru watever i can to prepare myself for my 510 projects..
planning to redo the whole car, strip it naked and do the necessary restoration starting next month...if evrything goes as planned, hopefully....

havent decided on the engine yet, although the current L13 still works fine...

i hope u guys can guide me thru my projects.....any suggestion would be appeciated...

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
if the L13 is in great shape I would keep it for the originality of the 510. Good luck.

coldair

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
Hi stroker_kit,
Congratulations to you for being a new 510 owner and welcome to '510 Talk'.
Here we share information and try to help one another with their 510. Somedays
we take and somedays we also give back to the community. So, let us know if
you are in need of any asistance regarding your 510.

We don't currently have a very large 510 following here in Malaysia but there
are lots of them in other countries like USA, Australia, etc.

Good luck to your project and please keep us updated on the progress. Have
a digital camera handy and start to take pictures of the "before" and "after" and
before you even realise it you would have documented your entire project from start to finish that you would be very proud to show it around.

stroker_kit said:
hi,
i just bought myself a 4drs 510 69' model with a stock L13 engine last saturday...
im from kuching and i have been playing with kcar mods(kenari) all this while...

i've been going thru the ozdat.com forum for the past few months, reading thru watever i can to prepare myself for my 510 projects..
planning to redo the whole car, strip it naked and do the necessary restoration starting next month...if evrything goes as planned, hopefully....

i hope u guys can guide me thru my projects.....any suggestion would be appeciated...

coldair

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
Blitz3rs,
I promise you that you won't be able to see any 510(s) on a offshore rig but we can handle some fresh fish if you can bring some home.

Oh well, hope the 510 is still there when you return to shore. I know of a friend
who has three 510(s) that he has collected to-date, he needs to put them back to road legal status though.....hehehehe.

blitz3rs said:
Hehe~
Uncle Coldair, I'm going offshore again on 17th, so will offline 4 a while.

Aiks~ Uncle, I'm thinking of buying another 510, saw 1 parked condemn around Miri, condition quite ok .

Ask the owner three times for letting the Datto go, but then he dun wanna sell.
Haiz... Weird owner, since the datto parked condemn thr y dun he sell it to me....So that i can restore it

blitz3rs

Jan 22, 2006
Hi , so u're from Kuching?? My home town.My Datto also from Kuching.

Gosh, hardly can find 510 lovers in Sarawak but now we oledi got two.

Wish u all the best in ur project. Like wat uncle said, show us ur progress picture if possible. Hehehehe

stroker_kit said:
hi,

blitz3rs

Jan 22, 2006
Uncle,
Hardly can find internet access offshore.

Yea, u're rite. No 510 around, only bad weather all the time. Cannot fishing at platform, SHELL said safety matter ler. WTF
Hope to go back soon, my 510 is waiting. Hehehe

BTW, the datto i mentioned that day... I just found out the car has no registration card. Juz lik ur fren's case, Hahaha!

coldair said:
Blitz3rs,
I promise you that you won't be able to see any 510(s) on a offshore rig but we can handle some fresh fish if you can bring some home.

Oh well, hope the 510 is still there when you return to shore. I know of a friend
who has three 510(s) that he has collected to-date, he needs to put them back to road legal status though.....hehehehe.

djario69

Dec 17, 2004
usj-klia
hello guys,im jario 510 sss fan,anybody can help me to get 1? been hunting high n low for 1? care to txt or miss call me? 0173040131 thanks

coldair

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
Jario,
It's always nice to have another 510 member, good luck to your search. Meanwhile if I come across any for sale I will let you know..

coldair

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
I saw one white colored 510( AN xxxx) in Klang as I drove by the other day. I stopped and got down from my car and asked but the owner did not want to sell.
Condition of the car was like....3/10, mostly bad body and some missing components like no rear bumbers, missing steering column covers, missing emblems, etc...

coldair

Known Member
Feb 26, 2004
I watched Astro's Channel 78 yesterday and saw a red Datsun 2-door 510 being featured in there it's got a rotary engine in it, anyone else watched that?.

devious17

Nov 18, 2003
Kay Ell
I dont have ASSThrow .......

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi all.. Just need your opinion here. Preferably those with experience in this please...

I bought a disc brake set to fit into my car about a year ago from a seller in this forum. Suppose to fit it in today but I spotted some problem. It is full of rust. The knuckle, the caliper bracket, the rotor shield (that round thing like a shield don't know what is it called). I don't think it is due to me keeping it for one year because I kept it indoors and I bought another set and kept it for the...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience