Dato Mohkzani's official statement on Marco Simoncelli's tragic end in Sepang

Tom

TIMETOATTACK
Helmet Clan
Jul 6, 2000
Kuala Lumpur

On behalf of Sepang International Circuit (SIC), I wish to extend our deepest sympathies and condolences to Marco Simoncelli’s family members, teammates, fellow riders and the whole MotoGP family. We share the pain and shock of the tragic and heartbreaking loss of Marco Simoncelli on 23 October 2011.

Marco will be remembered as a talented rider and a flamboyant character who never failed to put a smile on the faces of the racing fraternity and his fans with his cheerful demeanour. Above all, he was a great man and a competitor who was destined for even greater things both on and off the track. MotoGP and the racing world is now a lesser place without him.

SIC would like to state that the decision to cancel the race was taken after considering the severity of the accident. The decision was agreed upon by SIC and Dorna Sports SL, the commercial rights holder of MotoGP. SIC made public announcements on the cancellation of the race and Marco’s death as soon as we were authorised to do so, with priority being given to officially inform Marco’s family members first. I hope that fans can understand the situation prevalent at the time.

SIC would like to reiterate that all preparations and precautionary steps were taken to ensure we staged a safe race in accordance with FIM, AAM and Dorna safety requirements. However, the inherently dangerous nature of motorsports does not allow a race organiser or track owner to give a guarantee that nothing untoward will happen during a race.

The Sepang International Circuit is acknowledged as having been designed to be a safe circuit and managed by a team of experienced personnel, on and off track, to handle race events professionally. We work to the highest safety standards and we will continue to ensure these standards are met at every race held at our circuit. At the race on Sunday, circuit personnel acted speedily and professionally to attend to Marco as soon as the accident happened. Despite all that was done, the medical team could not change the outcome of the situation given the severity of his injuries. In the aftermath of this sad tragedy, we will work with FIM and Dorna to see if there is anything else we can do to improve rider safety in races.

We at SIC are honoured to have had Marco gracing our tracks with his dazzling skills and panache all these years. To Marco, may you rest in peace. You will be missed. Addio Super Sic.

Dato’ Mokhzani Mahathir

Marco Testing the Dainese D-Air Racing airbag system for motorcyclists

he Dainese D-Air Racing inflates from the driver’s shoulder area to protect mainly the upper torso and the head from hitting the ground. Dainese spent over 10 years of technology and R&D to develop this system that has already been activated in real-life situations.

Attachments

anType

Known Member
Nov 14, 2007
Kuala Lumpur
Rest in Peace, Marco. I arrived to Sepang a bit late on Sunday, just to find out that there was an accident. I spent some time waiting for the race to resume, but shortly before 5pm, there was an announcement about the cancellation. It's only when I got home, I found out that the accident was fatal. Truly shocking.

skazareth

Known Member
Feb 8, 2007
Rest in Peace, Marco. I arrived to Sepang a bit late on Sunday, just to find out that there was an accident. I spent some time waiting for the race to resume, but shortly before 5pm, there was an announcement about the cancellation. It's only when I got home, I found out that the accident was fatal. Truly shocking.
bro antype... i heard ppl threw bottles after the management announced the cancellation (bcs they didnt know the fatal accident). Is it true and how (humiliate) was it? can u story a bit bcs i've heard many versions.

jsdaemon

Aug 19, 2006
Somehow, I always feel Marco is like Vettel... he has this special talent and just need a little bit more time to put everything together..... RIP #58...

AD_EG

6,000 RPM
Apr 5, 2009
Ipoh
RIP brother...you will always be a champion to us...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

here's a pic of the map to TiTAN's shop.

but here's a instruction list anyways.

you're on the MRR2 and coming from Jalan Ampang/ Ampang Point / Zoo towards Cheras..

go straight, about 2km after Ampang Point, there should be a turn-off on the left,
Pandan Indah on the flyover bridge.

you should be able to see this 3 white condo's

DONT TAKE THAT TURNOFF!!
(actually can la, but kinda jam..)

take the 2nd Pandan Indah turn off. (right after/next to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience