dark tinting

stupidcar

5,000 RPM
Mar 18, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Yes, that is exactly my point being that tinting the car window aint going to help deterring laptop theft.

Even those security films wont hold up against multiple whack of a bat, or helmet (typically shown in security film videos). These days, thief would use pry-bar. Pry-bar is cheaper and damn tough compared to a bat. There were many pry-bar photos were shown in the exhibit cum campaign at the Kajang police station many months back.
I think it will hold only 3 bash?
Better than nothing I guess. Helps those who want smash and grab.

LiteBulb

Jan 15, 2009
Tint is more like to prevent smash and grab, and to deter being a target and followed to car park etc.

I think i'll take the risk and tint it. Hopefully won't kena so many inspection letters. Time wasted during inspection is a lost of sales opportunity.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Tint is more like to prevent smash and grab, and to deter being a target and followed to car park etc.

I think i'll take the risk and tint it. Hopefully won't kena so many inspection letters. Time wasted during inspection is a lost of sales opportunity.
Depends on where you stay. Kepong usually lots of nothing better to do JPJ blocks. That's why some who come Kepong TT last time they rather drive a normal car than their heavily modded car.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Depends on where you stay. Kepong usually lots of nothing better to do JPJ blocks. That's why some who come Kepong TT last time they rather drive a normal car than their heavily modded car.
Came back once on LDP Kepong toll, JPJ block the cash lane. T n G and Tag no block....:biggrin:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Came back once on LDP Kepong toll, JPJ block the cash lane. T n G and Tag no block....:biggrin:
LDP got JPJ Block? 1st time hear of such thing :rofl:
Really they all haih....:banghead:

p3jal

1,000 RPM
Jan 20, 2007
Selangor
bro try go accesories shop. 1 normal tinted (darker or lighter) and apply more 1 tinted call anti theft tinted.i 4 windows can be cover.the anti theft tinted is white color. at klang sell quite cheap.andalas.but i not yet apply the anti theft tinted.coz tak sempat..yaa darker tinted sure kena tahan.

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

LDP got JPJ Block? 1st time hear of such thing :rofl:
Really they all haih....:banghead:
klang kadang kadang infront of hospital tengku ampuan rahimah also got jpj block.but kadang kadang la =D heheh.once a year maybe =D

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
I stayed here for 10 years, never kena LDP before wor.
Same here. Stayed for 20+ years never see before :rofl:

---------- Post added at 02:08 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:07 PM ----------

bro try go accesories shop. 1 normal tinted (darker or lighter) and apply more 1 tinted call anti theft tinted.i 4 windows can be cover.the anti theft tinted is white color. at klang sell quite cheap.andalas.but i not yet apply the anti theft tinted.coz tak sempat..yaa darker tinted sure kena tahan.

---------- Post added at 12:22 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:20 PM ----------

klang kadang kadang infront of hospital tengku ampuan rahimah also got jpj block.but kadang kadang la =D heheh.once a year maybe =D
Wah, hospital would cost jam in front wor....that's not right...

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
I stayed here for 10 years, never kena LDP before wor.
You at 11pm going home to kepong, I coming out from Kepong....:biggrin:

Actually some time back already but I also surprise they block after pay toll, but T n G and Tag further out so they block cash lane only.
Another toll block is cash lane of Federal highway from Subang to PJ. Seen many times already....:driver:

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
Every new year morning got mah. All despo to collect ang pao .
Never see b4 so far, well don't hope to see one. Causing jam only.

True true but in Miri it isn't really that dangerous yet.. But from the bonnet you cant enter the inside of my car..
Ya some cars can enter from bonnet then into their car. That's why some cars remove the bonnet keyhole

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Never see b4 so far, well don't hope to see one. Causing jam only.
Yup, when ever have block cause jam only.....:banghead:

At my ex factory in Shah Alam, every now and then they will set up road block, therefore even come out from the factory also jam....:banghead:

This is the reason....:banghead:

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
You at 11pm going home to kepong, I coming out from Kepong....:biggrin:

Actually some time back already but I also surprise they block after pay toll, but T n G and Tag further out so they block cash lane only.
Another toll block is cash lane of Federal highway from Subang to PJ. Seen many times already....:driver:
yeah the batu 3 toll....very famous for jpj roadblocks, the other 1 is kesas highway before sri petaling.

cbsteh

Known Member
Oct 26, 2010
Kazakhstan
www.christopherteh.com
Please bear in mind that installing dark tints can also affect other road users. A 2004 report by Baldock and associates from the Centre of Automotive Safety Research, Australia argued against the use of such tints because dark tints placed even on the side windows can make it harder for a driver to see other cars, cyclists, and pedestrians at night, particularly when the driver is turning, dealing with the glare of headlights, or stopping at intersections.

Dark tints also prevent other road users to see into a car to assess the intentions of the driver or to see that if the driver has seen them.

View of a pedestrian at night. No window tint is installed. Compare this view with that below (photo from Baldock et al., 2004).

View of the pedestrian is greatly obscured when 35% VLT (allowing only 35% visible light through) window tint is installed. Turning the car right would risk hitting this pedestrian (photo from Baldock et al., 2004).

The side windows of a neigbouring car are sometimes needed to enable us to see through them to notice other road users, or in this case, a cyclist. No window tints are installed here. Compare this with below when dark window tints are installed (photo from Baldock et al., 2004).

The danger of tints with high VL rejection. The side windows of a neigbouring car are installed with 35% VLT (i.e., enabling only 35% visible light through). In this case, the incoming cyclist is greatly obscured by the dark tints. Since the light is passing through two side windows, the light transmission level is actually 35% x 35% or only 12.25% (photo from Baldock et al., 2004).

Source:
Baldock, M.J.R., McLean, A.J. and Kloeden, C.N. 2004. Front side window tinting visual light transmittance requirements. CASR Report Series No. CASR002. Centre for Automotive Safety Research, The University of Adelaide, Australia.