Daddys club

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Izso, I'm using those baby washing powder specifically for baby one to wash all her clothing, sheets and lining. I'm using Anakku hair shampoo. She don't have other red spot at other part of her body.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
u might encounter eczema on her scalp & skin peeling, but with some cream (must ask pharmacist) should be ok.
both my kids had the same symthoms before.

try using johnsons&johnsons shampoo its milder.

esthapo

Trail Bomber
Mar 31, 2006
Sister'sBedroom
Its called cradle cap & its common for newborn babies. A shampoo treatment for cradle cap is the best way to cure it. Btw, its not due to allergies or anything just that the baby skin need to adapt with new environment.

Taken from MedicalNewsToday;

What are the Causes of Cradle Cap?

It is not clear what the causes of cradle cap are, however it has been confirmed that the causes are neither allergy, bacterial infection nor bad hygiene. Doctors are theorizing that it can be caused by overactive sebaceous glands and/or fungal infection. The sebaceous glands are found in the skin and produce an oil like substance (known as sebum).

There is a theory that the overactive sebaceous glands produce too much sebum, which in turn prevents the old skin cells from drying and falling off the scalp (instead they stick to the scalp). The reason the glands are overactive is because sometimes the mother's hormones can remain in the baby's body for a number of months after birth.

Another theory is based on the baby suffering a fungal infection. The infection can be a result of the mother having being given antibiotics prior to birth or the baby being given them up to a week after birth. Antibiotics destroy damaging bacteria but can also destroy the friendly bacteria that prevent things like fungal infection.

Studies have also shown that babies with cradle cap are related to people with conditions such as eczema and asthma (allergy based).

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
u might encounter eczema on her scalp & skin peeling, but with some cream (must ask pharmacist) should be ok.
both my kids had the same symthoms before.

try using johnsons&johnsons shampoo its milder.
Actually, J&J stuff these days quality has gone down the drain. I would avoid that brand like the plague.

Izso, I'm using those baby washing powder specifically for baby one to wash all her clothing, sheets and lining. I'm using Anakku hair shampoo. She don't have other red spot at other part of her body.
Suggest you try changing to something a little better like Sebamed. Is the pillow latex foam?

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Izso, her pillow is those natural latex pillow my wife bought.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
then it just might be cradle cap like what esthapo pointed out. But keep an eye on her and see if the red patch goes away after pressure is off that spot, or if she experiences discomfort or something. Btw, her skull at this point of time is very very soft, especially the front temporal lobe area, so be gentle with the head. But you should already know that.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Izso, what medication that you recommend me to use

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Izso, what medication that you recommend me to use
Uh.. Sebamed shampoo and cream. Avoid using Steroid creams, meaning anything whose name ends with a -cort is a steroid cream. These aren't that good and only recommended for extreme skin problems.

Or if not convinced, speak with your paed.

:biggrin: kids.. your mini lamborghini.. price wise.

mADmAN

Aug 5, 2004
sebamed is also recommended by govt clinics... good stuff but expensive...

another alternative i would recommend is redwin which can be found at caring pharmacy... cheap(er) and good too. been using that for awhile now and quite happy with it.

anyway.... starting em young :D

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
What's up dads?
Just a quick one. When do u buy a breast pump? Some people say it's better to buy after delivering to know whether milk can be produced or not. They say that it would be a waste to buy it if milk cannot be produced. While some people say milk surely can be produced, so it is safe to buy it now.

Any advice?

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
What's up dads?
Just a quick one. When do u buy a breast pump? Some people say it's better to buy after delivering to know whether milk can be produced or not. They say that it would be a waste to buy it if milk cannot be produced. While some people say milk surely can be produced, so it is safe to buy it now.

Any advice?
If your wife doesn't have complicated nipple structure or hormonal imbalance issues, she'll be able to produce milk no matter what. Just need the right guide and plenty of patience. Some are blessed with a waterfall production some start off with trickles. But trickle a bit more will eventually become a waterfall. Just need a lot of patience and don't believe old wives tales. New borns have the stomach size of a cherry. They don't need a lot to feel full and the best stimulation for a mother to produce breast milk is the baby sucking on it. Direct response to the brain to tell the body to produce milk. And the initial 'dirty bit' on the boobs is called colustrum. It's some of the best stuff you can give your baby so never wipe it off and directly feed the child.

Buy the pump after birth because your wifes body shape might change during pregnancy and what she's comfortable with now may not be the case later. A shop in Klang called "Enjoy breastfeeding" sdn bhd allow testing of different brands and models. I highly recommend going there to have your wife test everything. Don't just buy branded cuz branded isn't always good. My wife has used Medela, Avent and Spectra, all of which took forever to pump 'clean' and cost us a shitload of money to buy. Eventually after going to that Klang shop she chose one that was the most comfortable for her and now kaotim in 15 minutes. So much quieter too.

Dual side is better than single.

ddv_nk12

1,000 RPM
May 18, 2011
PD
Thanks Iszo. My baby is due in about 4 weeks. Time's moving very slow. Can't wait dy.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
I bought a electric pump for my wife from First Year. Started off with a manual one from Pureen but it was really bad it's cheap but no good suction pump until my wife hand also tired. The First year price was around 300 cheaper than Philips and Medela. It works great and comes with a feeding bottle.

---------- Post added at 02:20 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

Iszo and guys, yesterday I got a sms from a friend of mine who also has a baby boy 1 week older than mine. He was admitted to hospital due to diarrhea. The mother suggested that I go for Rotavirus vaccination for my daughter. So I went online to search around for more information about this rotavirus thing and found it was the main cause of diarrhea on infants and could cause death due to dehydration.

I'm not sure for now that should I bring my daughter for the vaccination or not needed. I found info that after the vaccination she might have slight diarrhea and fever.

Izso & guys, what's you take on this. Go for it or hold back 1st.

My girl she's always putting her fist into her mouth to chew and bite.

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
i lil gal 5 yrs old was admitted into hospital on 25.07, because she was vommitting started @ 4pm, after work i send her to hospital.
the doc said she has food poisoning. but me & my wife recalled back wat she ate, but cant trace as my wife cooked for her bfast & lunch. same goes for the day before. she only was vomitting, no diarrehea. i was puzzled.

the doc took her xray & found out that her intestine has alot of faeces.
so the doc gave the a med that requires to stuck into her anus (forgot the term) after a few secs she went to toilet.

later on she had to be admitted.
doc monitored her till discharged on 28.07.

because when she was young, she had constipation, till she grew up & developed inguinal hernia. she is due for surgery @ 20.08.

my son is diagnosed with osteochondroma (in another term a bone tumor, non cancerous type on his right wrist). for now ok, but if the tumor grows bigger & pressure his blood vessels or nerves then he needs surgery too. but for now ok.

so to those parents out there. make sure your kids/babies poo everyday.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
i lil gal 5 yrs old was admitted into hospital on 25.07, because she was vommitting started @ 4pm, after work i send her to hospital.
the doc said she has food poisoning. but me & my wife recalled back wat she ate, but cant trace as my wife cooked for her bfast & lunch. same goes for the day before. she only was vomitting, no diarrehea. i was puzzled.

the doc took her xray & found out that her intestine has alot of faeces.
so the doc gave the a med that requires to stuck into her anus (forgot the term) after a few secs she went to toilet.

later on she had to be admitted.
doc monitored her till discharged on 28.07.

because when she was young, she had constipation, till she grew up & developed inguinal hernia. she is due for surgery @ 20.08.

my son is diagnosed with osteochondroma (in another term a bone tumor, non cancerous type on his right wrist). for now ok, but if the tumor grows bigger & pressure his blood vessels or nerves then he needs surgery too. but for now ok.

so to those parents out there. make sure your kids/babies poo everyday.
Danz, sorry to hear such incident on your kids. I feel you bro...somemore it's the month of fasting and raya is coming. I pray for your family and your kids bro...Insha'Allah they will pass through this difficult times. If you need help or advice just let us know.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

to all sifu's cani install a turbo tp my 4g92p soch.. please advise me wat should i get if can bolt on.. my engine is using 4g93 pistons
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience