Daddys club

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
k gonna blow my own cover now, yesterday my 19mths daughter start to have chicken pots/pox, the fever, cough & flu symptoms just past & today the pots have reveal themselves. don't know how will she endure this but she's quite a fighter coz b4 this, even with fever she manage to get through laughing the days without any tandrums but yesterday it's a bit tough on her & still no tandrums but a bit less active.next the itchiness will come & i think everyone would agree thats the hardest part. To all new fathers out there good luck & i guess i'm lucky coz my daughter is 1 cool daughter coz never had any bad experiences wit poop & pees::biggrin:
Chicken pox earlier get better. When older suffer more.....

---------- Post added at 03:38 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:37 PM ----------

Its really hard when you're trying to compete with your 2 kids LOL :biggrin:
Bro., I am sure different time, right?.....:rofl:

bera

500 RPM
Oct 27, 2007
sorry to hear about that bro...even as adult chicken pox are nasty...last time kena...bed ridden almost a week...feel like kain buruk already at that time...hope your daughter get well soon...

i dunno whether its typical or not...but girls behavior is marginally better than boys...boys you know la...we all used to be one...its a miracle if one day goes by without any incident... :biggrin:

hahahah...of coz not at the same time...but kena once already...humping humping then daughter walk up next to the bed and said "nak susu"...face palm...

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
TR, must give your wife drink more daily products in order to produce more milk....avoid seafood.
my wifey is on Popeye diet so can produce more, sumtimes she does complain & i ended up joining her diet to keep her motivated & it really works for her & joy for my daughter & got to thank her coz it saves a lot compared to formula. another 3 months than need to train her to drink formula & another headache for the rising cost especially now the GST is on the move

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Guys, I want to ask since my girl is going to be a month old by end of the month. I just want to ask what kind of injection she will need at that time. Other than those provided by government hospital.

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Guys, I want to ask since my girl is going to be a month old by end of the month. I just want to ask what kind of injection she will need at that time. Other than those provided by government hospital.
Just follow the list given....

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
When discharged from the hospital, it comes with a booklet of all the jabs taken. Keep that booklet like you would keep your passport. Cuz you'll need it when entering school.

Follow the guideline by your pediatrician or/and the booklet. These days some of the jabs are made redundant with 5-in-1 and 6-in-1 jabs. But those all-in-one jabs are potent and will definitely have side effects like fever, eczema or in some serious cases seizures. So check with your doctor before deciding on the newer or older all-in-one jabs. (older ones are less prone to issues but you need to jab more times).

twistedichc

2,000 RPM
Jan 22, 2013
Ampang Point
When discharged from the hospital, it comes with a booklet of all the jabs taken. Keep that booklet like you would keep your passport. Cuz you'll need it when entering school.

Follow the guideline by your pediatrician or/and the booklet. These days some of the jabs are made redundant with 5-in-1 and 6-in-1 jabs. But those all-in-one jabs are potent and will definitely have side effects like fever, eczema or in some serious cases seizures. So check with your doctor before deciding on the newer or older all-in-one jabs. (older ones are less prone to issues but you need to jab more times).
there are also sum that r not provided by the gov coz the med is quite pricey & less people tends to get the desease & most of it r past down only through DNA. so unless u have sum 1 in ur circle of relatives had past away from irregular desease u can always go for private check-up & enquiries.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
there are also sum that r not provided by the gov coz the med is quite pricey & less people tends to get the desease & most of it r past down only through DNA. so unless u have sum 1 in ur circle of relatives had past away from irregular desease u can always go for private check-up & enquiries.
The two non-provided ones are Pneumococcal (if younger than 1 year old it's 3 jabs, each costing about RM200) and the other is Rotavirus (liquid to drink).

Rotavirus is easy to administer since it's a sweet drink and it's good to prevent diarrhea and all those nasty stuff. But Pneumococcal is a bit harder. Before 1 year old need 3 jabs, after 1 it's 2 jabs. And this jab helps to prevent meningitis (I think) and all that, it's pretty important but some people question why necessary since meningitis has been eradicated for a long time. But at the same time there were reported cases in Sabah / Sarawak. Probably some unreported cases in KL.

My Daughter had both inoculations and didn't have any problems except for a slight rise in her temperature. My son took Rotavirus inoculation without issues but he developed bad eczema after his first jab of Pneumococcal. Don't know if it was related or coincidental but my wife is dead against giving Pneumococcal now and I've effectively burnt RM200 on that one jab.

Sigh. My son now has eczema but we've managed to get it under control with a hundred different types of creams (all non steroid). About RM1k worth of creams spent and tested.

But I think my sons case is isolated and probably rare but unfortunately it happened. It's worth noting however my wife has asthma (she has outgrown it) so my kids do have a tendency of developing eczema or asthma. Apparently it's related.

So Joe - you gotta know your family history (and wifes) and see if anyone has any congenital illnesses, doesn't matter which generation. If there is - just take precautions and be prepared.

TitanRev

You think I print money?
Helmet Clan
Mar 3, 2005
Izso, I used to have Asthma but I'm now over it. I also notice my girl breathing is quite loud a bit like snoring when she sleeps not sure is because of sinus. Since my mum have and I also have. I don't have eczema though.

I just read that those who have eczema risk cannot get the smallpox vaccine. As it will caused Eczema vaccinatum.

Izso

NA NA NA NA NA
Helmet Clan
Mar 28, 2004
KL
Izso, I used to have Asthma but I'm now over it. I also notice my girl breathing is quite loud a bit like snoring when she sleeps not sure is because of sinus. Since my mum have and I also have. I don't have eczema though.

I just read that those who have eczema risk cannot get the smallpox vaccine. As it will caused Eczema vaccinatum.
Take everything you read online with a pinch of salt. Some folks are overly enthusiastic and modern medicine is more updated than you think. Always consult your pediatrician and if not satisfied with one, go get another. Reading online stuff will only help supplement you knowledge but never take it as the golden rule.

My wife started reading the eczema network stuff on FB and now she's gila everything and anti vaccination. I told her we cannot prevent the side effects but the risk is too high should we choose not to vaccinate. Small pox is probably not as deadly as Hepititis since Hepititis is still very real and very abundant. Small pox is deadly but eradicated since god knows how long ago. So delaying that jab isn't going to be a problem but again - always refer to your doctor for the best advice.

---------- Post added at 03:23 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 03:21 PM ----------

Oh and loud breathing is normal. It's just her nasal passageways still underdeveloped. Given time it'll get better.

Supra_Fanatics

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Sep 17, 2008
The two non-provided ones are Pneumococcal (if younger than 1 year old it's 3 jabs, each costing about RM200) and the other is Rotavirus (liquid to drink).

Rotavirus is easy to administer since it's a sweet drink and it's good to prevent diarrhea and all those nasty stuff. But Pneumococcal is a bit harder. Before 1 year old need 3 jabs, after 1 it's 2 jabs. And this jab helps to prevent meningitis (I think) and all that, it's pretty important but some people question why necessary since meningitis has been eradicated for a long time. But at the same time there were reported cases in Sabah / Sarawak. Probably some unreported cases in KL.

My Daughter had both inoculations and didn't have any problems except for a slight rise in her temperature. My son took Rotavirus inoculation without issues but he developed bad eczema after his first jab of Pneumococcal. Don't know if it was related or coincidental but my wife is dead against giving Pneumococcal now and I've effectively burnt RM200 on that one jab.

Sigh. My son now has eczema but we've managed to get it under control with a hundred different types of creams (all non steroid). About RM1k worth of creams spent and tested.

But I think my sons case is isolated and probably rare but unfortunately it happened. It's worth noting however my wife has asthma (she has outgrown it) so my kids do have a tendency of developing eczema or asthma. Apparently it's related.

So Joe - you gotta know your family history (and wifes) and see if anyone has any congenital illnesses, doesn't matter which generation. If there is - just take precautions and be prepared.
But if only using cream, it will only control the situation which I know eczema can't be cured and they are lots of precaution needs to be taken care of where I had a friend who her sister is having serious eczema even the type of clothes she wears and bed material and things will cause her to have serious eczema...But I think your son is not at that bad stage. Is it really serious or just once awhile he feels itchy? cuz eczema can cause one to scratch till they bleed and the itch is unbearable. Sometimes hard to sleep too.

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Just want to know if there is a bolt on unit for the Lancer GT? Am not looking to replace the engine with an old EVO etc. Also, how effective would it be if I am looking to get a maybe a max of 20% increase in HP? Would the engine be able to handle it or will the wear and tear be bad? Thanks!
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience