D1GP announces judges’ line-up for 2011

Dinesh

500 RPM
Oct 13, 2006

Things were looking bleak for the D1 Grand Prix drift championship following the controversial split between the corporation and its key judges and founders, Daijiro Inada and Keiichi Tsuchiya, at the end of last year.

The championship appeared to be as good as dead to the fans without Tsuchiya and Inada behind the judge’s table as many argued that it wouldn’t be possible to find worthy replacements.

Well the D1 corporation have rounded up some top notch names for the 2011 season in a bid to reignite some of the excitement that followed Inada and Tsuchiya out the door. Japan’s top drifters will be judged by time attack driver extraordinaire Eiiji ‘Tarzan’ Yamada, Drift Tengoku editor Ryusuke Kawasaki, D1 assistant judge Hisashi Kamimoto, former RE-Amemiya Super GT driver and ex-D1 assistant judge Shinji Yamaji and Super GT driver as well as Hot Version presenter Akira Iida.

While the line-up does carry a heavy load of credibility and experience, it’s left to see if they can muster up the camaraderie and spark that Inada and Tsuchiya had that kept the spectators in howls of laughter and never lead to a dull moment.

Nonetheless, we all can’t wait for the new judges to join host Mana-P in the judge’s tent during the first round that will be held in Odaiba next month.

Source: D1GP

Attachments

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear ZTH bros,I drive a GTi and after reading all those eerie incidents about cars being stolen in shopping malls,it really did send a chill down my spine,now the question is where do you think I should park ? As in an area in the parking which is quite crowded? Such as places in 1-Utama,Midvalley,Pyramid etc..Thanks
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience