D1 All Stars coming to town

kikaider

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
KL
The Sg Besi Military airport has ample space but whether they would rent it out is another case.

zenki

May 11, 2004
hey guys,

glad that you proved me wrong. when i voice out my previous opinion..i was mainly aiming at the idea of bringing HALF A DOZEN (which is 6) D1 cars and drivers.....commonsense tells me that D1 drivers have their own things to do in Japan besides travelling around showing of drift in every country..

yes no doubt someone in malaysia can bring in 10 D1 cars as well...BUTTTTTTTTT.....my main question is...WHICH COMPANY is willing to fork out the MONEY to transport D1 cars from japan as well as pay for all the expenses of those D1 drivers, crews & showgirls.. <_<

Companies like Kent may probably dump all their company's advertising budget on this drifting event (if they got bored of organizing international DJs for raves)...etc etc..

i am from KL currently studying in Australia (South Australia to be exact..the so called Drift State)...there's a drift workshops/importers here in SA alone..and i was asking one of the guy who is quite good at drifting (i nearly piss myself when he drove me around the hills during nighttime)..how he started drifting and all this stuff...his answer is....he's been 'sliding' with his friends since 4 years ago...and drifting is just a new name for what those guys have been doing....so drifting is a new thing but those guys who slides with rwd cars during those days are not new...(u get what i am saying? ;) )

in msia....just imagine if Initial D and the word DRIFTING is absent...how many people would actually break the physic law (slide) with a rwd cars...? sometimes numbers really count..the more RWD cars in msia...the sooner drifting will be a sport approved by the government....

i am more than to see drifting becoming a known sport in malaysia....but with the lack of rwd cars, msia currency and other factors just makes me think that drifting will still need few more years for it to be recognize in malaysia by the public...unless u wanna make it famous in TV3 news by drifting around town to attract cops..

one more thing...i am already dying because my car cant be drifted yet (stock susp + open diff ...but susp coming soon)...let alone those ff drivers who has so much passion for this sport but could never afford to find/buy a rwd cars.....those who own a rwd cars..consider yourself very lucky :rolleyes:

GTi88: i didnt go calder...did u go? a bunch of AE86 owners from SA made a trip up there as well as a matt black levin competed in calders...it was a madtrip.. but they are planning to have the biggesst ae86 meetup during december for the drift nat in melbourne..( sydney/brisbane/south australia ae86 drivers are planning to drive all the way down to melb together with melb ae86 owners to go watch the drift event) :blink: ....sounds crazy huh..

btw..GTi88..i think i know you but i couldnt remember what's your name...from Sunway CIMP? i am Paul if u are the correct person..

ZeE

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
www.drift.com.my
Hey Zenki,

Yeah speaking of Drifting. RWD may not be much. But with that much A31 around i bet its enuf to cater for the mean time, till proton comes up with a sports coupe RWD ! T.Djan and Adian Hint hint :) lolol

RWD cars are actually pretty accessible now. With Ke70, Datsuns, Old Lancers being the budget side.. There is a lot of RX7 around too :)

As a Malaysian Drifters, i think we should always support the sport. Its not because of some InitialD cartoon. Btw i bet the 70s 80s Malaysian Rally drivers do not know any shit about InitialD and they can Drift for sure. There are a few original Ae86 drivers back then that drifts. that we dont hear about and they dont brag about too.

Anyway Drifting is getting big for sure, and Malaysian are slowly getting it, With Events such as the coming go-kart drift event. I bet next year we will have lots of Fun with regular drift sessions, Proton SSO drift comp, Sepang International Drift day. Bet it will be hell lot of fun ! :)

jmew0ng

Sep 7, 2004
Originally posted by midship@Oct 6 2004, 10:59
No, i'm not thinking of US drift scene, those kwei los cant even choose the right car let alone drift. However they did bring in the whole entourage and it was big and succesful.
*tear.. I'm from the US :(

Well I'm not a "kwei los" (I'm guessing this refers to as white guy? sounds like gwai lo (pinyin sp) in cantonese).

All we have is a 240sx, few rare RX7's and Supra's to drift with :|

From rumors that I am starting to hear of... Initial D seems to have impacted the motorsports scene.. mainly on the west coast area. Which is a bit sad to be inspired by a Manga/TV Series/Movie/Game.

Someone should ship me off to where you guys are :(

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
my friends and i had being playing with it a few years ago but not too frequently, i try for a few time and worst experience is that all my aftermarket meters fly away...hehehe now only one of frend who still doing it and improving...last time he using a Datsun with SR20DETT to drift which much easier and now he change to SUPRA with 1JZ twin turbo and much harder to drift maybe due to the reason SUPRA is heavier and bigger.... :P

All i can say that Drifting is damn FUN and DANGEROUS sport....hehehe

CarismaGT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
Penang
Visit site
Originally posted by .S K A G E E.+Oct 6 2004, 09:32 --></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (.S K A G E E. @ Oct 6 2004, 09:32 )</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-zenki@Oct 5 2004, 23:06
half a dozen of D1 drivers and cars???

pls tell me you are joking...but if you are for real...i am curious which big company will be sponsoring those half a dozen of D1 cars and drivers to come down kl and do exhibition?

my main reason of doubting this is because:
1. msian lacking of rwd cars
2. malaysian public know nuts about drifting..or yet...SLIDING..
3. i cant see drifting growing without the supply of rwd cars...

i am not saying malaysian cant drift..even in australia....there's good drifters here..but still was only able to get 1 R31House from japan..
3 japanese d1 drivers came down (i'm bad at names), and they all droved Australia's done up D1 cars...(sponsored by Signal and builted by local drift workshop)...

plenty of rwd cars here...australian own manufactured cars are rwd..and some are still finding it difficult to get good sponsorship from major companies...

But if you are thinking of US's drifting scene and trying to bring it to Malaysia at this point of time..in my opinion there's a very slim chance...US got the $$$ and big influence on drifting...(every country mostly follow US's trend)...

so dont get me wrong..i'm just giving out pointers on why HALF A DOZEN of D1 drivers and cars are abit far fetch..

maybe 1 or 2 drivers/cars...but definitely not half a dozen unless mr.LIM love to watch drifting and tongue

do tell me if i'm wrong.. :)
Hi, Zenki. You highlighted a few very good points but I really can't see what you're trying to convey. Forgive me if I have misinterpreted you but what I gather is you are saying that 1) since no one/not many here in Malaysia knows anything about drifting ,its a waste of time to do a demo/exhibition here 2) Since Australia can't get D1 drifters over there,most probably Malaysia won't be able to do it 3) The sport won't grow cause the majority of the cars here are RWD

My apologies for my self indulgence but in my often twisted opinion, I would argue that;1) Drifting is an exciting spectator's sport which doesn't require deep understanding or love of the sport to enjoy . I can't see the rational of why a person who know every drifter by name or their car set up by heart would enjoy watching drifitng more than someone who is totaly clueless of it. I see no harm of bring them in here as I would see it as a source of inspiration and most importantly entertainment. 2) I believe its contacts that plays a major role on bringing people over and making things happen, rather than which country you come from. Having said that, I believe if anyone could bring them over, its most probably Midship as he works for a reputable and influential company in this industy which has the right contacts.3) Name me one country which majority are RWD? Japan? heeheheehee nope

My apologies again, as I'm most probably wrong :)

Midship: Sounds good but please don't make it at the begining of December..pleaseeeeeeee.:) [/b][/quote]
hmmmmm don worry... we all sure will attend ur big day one if it is in begining december hehehe...

delimaputih

Known Member
Nov 18, 2003
toon town
jeo.deviantart.com
hey midship, can i get involve in it too? Can i help in anyway? Can I? Can I please? Offering free service here you know...

PM me if you need me

Really want to see this happen! Gambare yo!

jamwyn

Dec 7, 2003
Melbourne
Visit site
zenki : So you're one of the 86's from SA eh. How come such a small town, can have such a huge following i always wondered. Even NS.com committee members are mostly from there. So yeah, i have to agree when you said "The Drift State = SA. "

Did you get some video shots from the fellows who went to Calder? Heard a whole crew in a Venga Van 12 seater went down rite? I bumped into GTI88 when we were in Calder, and i have to admit - The Japs from D1, really push and PUSH damn hard! Those guys really strutted THE REAL DRIFT !

until a gtr 32 meletup the tyre and went 360 i think.

But I dont agree with the fact, you said Msia doesnt have a large following. Damn talented lot wei! Got this fellow come back from Italy ah, he bring EUrope drifting style back you know! So Msia too has its very talented bunch. But in terms of quantity, i dont think its as many as Aust.

What to do, a 180sx costs 10k AUD and a R34 GTT costs AUD33k and a S14 AUD21k. Not very fair if you ask me. Thus the increase of number of drifters in AU.

GTI88 : Remember this, nick?

Cheers.

13B-MSP

Nov 15, 2003
Visit site
so is it true? when wil da D1 event been held? and where?
after da show today @ xtreme park, i'm fallin in lov d

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
Originally posted by CarismaGT@Oct 8 2004, 19:22
hmmmmm don worry... we all sure will attend ur big day one if it is in begining december hehehe...

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
Donut: For you I would arrange so that you will share a room with one of the Malaysian Idol contestant...any guesses who the person is? Hope he doesn't get "PIST" with this new sleeping arrangement though :o

DoNuT

1,000 RPM
Nov 14, 2003
KL
www.drifthouse.net
:o
KONG = :angry: :ph34r: after he ninja you then you know.. where is him lah?? so long never hear him wan??

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
right guys,

for those of you in the pearl of the orient, could any of you provide me with pics from Batu Kawan or any other ideal place in Penang for drifting.

also down south in JB, could any of you provide me with pics as well for location worthy of holding Japanese D1 drifters and their machines.

remember that the place has to be at least 250m by 250m, surface has to be tarmac and relatively smooth.

do take as many pics from as many angles as possible including entrance and so on. once you have pics just post them up as soon as possible as i will be corresponding with them before the end of this week.

a note of thanks as well in advance for those who actually managed to provide me with some pics. lets make this event come true for all of us.

KonG3286

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
SKAGEE, I wanna attend, u pls. invite me first...i wanna sleep next to your room...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi bros and siss, i was about to change my spark plug from stock to iridium type, but i just wonder which one is better. denso has its reputation in its performance and durability, especially with its 0.4mm and it U-grooved. but wat i know about volker iridium performing good also. it has 0.5mm and can last up to 160,000km. budget wise, both is about the same. however, for Gen2, wat do u guys think? which one is better? o there is other recommendation? 1 more ques, about denso iridium POWER...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience