D1 All Stars coming to town

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
Originally posted by fordrunger@Oct 6 2004, 04:46
how about the old subang airport runway or the plane parking bays(not the hangars)... or both? maybe have a course that joins the two...kinda like how top gear does the drifting shots onto the runway this time the other way around and around the parking bays... plus the terminal roofs could provide some great shots from high up...

beats going all the way to sepang...
The runways and aprons are still active. I doubt DCA would allow it. Same reason why we can't do drags there. On the other hand, APAC's lot seems like a good idea.

KP61

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Visit site
Midship,

Yup! The subang APAC centre should be big enough for the D1 exhibition. Trying checkin the place out.

space_cowboy

500 RPM
Dec 25, 2003
a..aa..aapolloo
Visit site
Originally posted by .S K A G E E.@Oct 6 2004, 09:32

My apologies for my self indulgence but in my often twisted opinion, I would argue that;1) Drifting is an exciting spectator's sport which doesn't require deep understanding or love of the sport to enjoy . I can't see the rational of why a person who know every drifter by name or their car set up by heart would enjoy watching drifitng more than someone who is totaly clueless of it. I see no harm of bring them in here as I would see it as a source of inspiration and most importantly entertainment. 2) I believe its contacts that plays a major role on bringing people over and making things happen, rather than which country you come from. Having said that, I believe if anyone could bring them over, its most probably Midship as he works for a reputable and influential company in this industy which has the right contacts.3) Name me one country which majority are RWD? Japan? heeheheehee nope

My apologies again, as I'm most probably wrong :)

Hie...hie...

SKAGEE - I totally agreed with you... Even the public know nuts about drifting, we can expose this to them...not saying that people doesnt know thing, they dun want to learn about it...

Exposing events like this is another way of maketing the sports, when people see people do...(how they wanna do it is another matter)..

Spectators do wanna have fun on what they're watching, not watching a dull event will cheer them up...

I totally believe that this event will be the greatest event of the year.....

cheers'

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
Wow... thanks for all the replies... where do i start? first of all Zenki, who is Mr Lim? you seem a bit of a pessimist to this event and the sponsor who will bring this event from paper to life. Anyway curiosity killed the cat and i wont reveal the company responsible just yet.

For all your reasons for doubting that this event will come true, i just have to point out in one sentance that DRIFTING IS THE FASTEST GROWING MOTORSPORT IN HISTORY. Need i say more? Look at x-games for example, is there actually such a strong following here? and yet the x-games held a leg in kl.

Look at china, the biggest population of bicyclist in the world and yet F1 tickets were sold out half a year ago.

No, i'm not thinking of US drift scene, those kwei los cant even choose the right car let alone drift. However they did bring in the whole entourage and it was big and succesful.

As for the aussie scene, well lets not compare them to us, as in terms of international motorsports scene, i feel that they are behind us somewhat. Whereas they are comparable to us in the local modded scene and other areas such as hot rodding and car club scene. And who are the people into the local modded scene Down Under? the asians. Malaysia Boleh, Australia Tak Boleh

I will take a look see to all the locations you guys have come up with and will keep you guys posted in this topic.

cheers

evo3

1,500 RPM
Jul 2, 2004
Visit site
yeah...i wan to c D1....tell me the date earlier and the location, need to book flight ticket and hotel room...hehehe...

Australia? the Mat Salleh dere know how to play car may? i think the ppl who modified cars in Aust are mostly ASIAN la....Hongkie, Malaysian, Indonesian, Singaporean...etc etc...mayb thier Hoden is dam powerful and RWD? does this prove that they are better than us? ...I have a Aussie freind who dump a VR4 into his lancer and act so cocky...yo..mike, in my hometown we are doing it in the 80s...don't say VR4, we also got Subaru Engine om Wira, 3S on CRX, and so on..... :P

lil_jk

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
Sumwhere near your house
www.initial-d.com
FYI, x-games has a quite long (and i must say quite strong)following in Malaysia, even before ESPN's X-games ever landed in Malaysia.....those were the days being thrashed by police and city councils and all the media(esp malay press) viewed ALL skaters as Mat Punk, Majalah 3 commented us skaters as being the solely one who is responsible of damaging concretes in KL..........

This drift event....well, i do hope and i will cross my fingers that this will eventually happen, as I do hope through this event the government does understand what is drifting(just as what Benson & Hedges did by bringing in Andy MacDonald like amost 10 years ago to KL, then Malaysian Government only knew what is skateboarding) and how important it is to build a track which can let grassroot track junkies and drifters use the track, not like SIC, and having drifters of this "Boleh" nation drifting all over the streets......

gti88

1,500 RPM
Nov 17, 2003
Visit site
Zenki,

Did you go for the drift event at Calder ?
Those Japs were really good man compared to the Aussies. :lol:

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
x-games has a following here and around asia for a long time, but affraid the following is not as strong as the promoters would like it to be

uras

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
midship ... i'm looking forward to this event ... if can not in early dec ... cos most of the drifters locally will be pretty busy during that time ... attending a big event .. heheheheheheheheeheheh..... anyway,midship if u need any of our ideas don't hesitate to call MK or others ...
p/s;why didn't join us half hill last week ...

WAJA2003

Nov 14, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Originally posted by uras@Oct 6 2004, 12:24
midship ... i'm looking forward to this event ... if can not in early dec ... cos most of the drifters locally will be pretty busy during that time ... attending a big event .. heheheheheheheheeheheh..... anyway,midship if u need any of our ideas don't hesitate to call MK or others ...
p/s;why didn't join us half hill last week ...
Hv any nather big event????
Where where??? ;) ;) ;)

KP61

500 RPM
May 12, 2004
Visit site
Originally posted by midship@Oct 6 2004, 10:59
Anyway curiosity killed tha cat and i wont reveal the company responsible just yet.

For all your reasons for doubting that this event will come true, i just have to point out in one sentance that DRIFTING IS THE FASTEST GROWING MOTORSPORT IN HISTORY. Need i say more?

cheers
Midship,

hehehehe.....thanks for letting the japans know about this place in Malaysia where they assume we live on trees or wooden houses....that's the pass. Wow, hopefully ur contact( :lol: ) will be able....sorry definately will be able to bring them down as they themselves are japs. ;) All the best bro!

topui11

1,000 RPM
Mar 15, 2004
Visit site
midship

call APAC at subang. They usually rent out the parking lot, which is quite big, to some car clubs for safety driving courses and some advance driving course. Call this number, 03 7845 8600 and speak with the marketing dept. My cousin used to work there but now he's with Air Asia already.

hope this'll help. :)

blahblah

500 RPM
Nov 19, 2003
Milky Way
www.bernardloke.com
Originally posted by ZeE@Oct 5 2004, 11:53
Where is this place batu kawan ?
It is in southern penang on the mainland. right in front of batu kawan stadium where the penang football team plays.

vuitton

Known Member
Apr 24, 2004
Visit site
port klang loo... there's a lot of container space for rent...

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Dear guys,

Apologies if there is already a thread on this..but out of curiosity as the titles goes..:adore:

Am currently using a 2.3 inch diametre piping from the extractor straight out towards the muffler with no bullet..and have been using this setup for the past 2 years..but i noticed there's a slight decline in throttle response compared to a 2 inch piping setup that i used to have earlier...

Is it normal?..or is my current diameter is too big?..some of my colleague with similar...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience