D1 All Stars coming to town

midship

2,000 RPM
Helmet Clan
Jul 22, 2004
Across the pond
www.nismo.com.my
Hi all

Could anybody propose to me a good location to hold a drifting event? It could be anywhere in KL, Penang and Jb. Its size will probably be about 300m by 300m in order for the cars to drift.

All inputs are welcomed for suggestions on a good location for drifting. Once location is confirmed, then i'll be able to arrange for about half a dozen D1 cars and drivers to do an exhibition on our tarmacs.

cheers

ZeE

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
www.drift.com.my
Hey there.

Well i can suggest 2 place.

Sepang Track main carpark.
or
1 Utama Giant carpark.

this are the only 2 places that are much much larger then Shah Alam carpark.
If you were to do the demo, do put in local drift session too.

Cheers :)
ZeE

MK84

1,500 RPM
Nov 16, 2003
www.mk84.com
2 places I can think of.

Sepang track. Some parts of it.
Sepang P1 Carpark.

ZeE

Known Member
Nov 14, 2003
www.drift.com.my
Where is this place batu kawan ?

ANyway 1 utama aint big enuf and there is devider here and there.
But this is the nearest Largest carpark in KL. Unless any KL carpark are big enuf. which i dont know of.. lol :)

Guess have to go to Sepang P1 carpark. i think that has like 200m x 300m ? the ground aint that nice... sad.

cheers

zenki

May 11, 2004
half a dozen of D1 drivers and cars???

pls tell me you are joking...but if you are for real...i am curious which big company will be sponsoring those half a dozen of D1 cars and drivers to come down kl and do exhibition?

my main reason of doubting this is because:
1. msian lacking of rwd cars
2. malaysian public know nuts about drifting..or yet...SLIDING..
3. i cant see drifting growing without the supply of rwd cars...

i am not saying malaysian cant drift..even in australia....there's good drifters here..but still was only able to get 1 R31House from japan..
3 japanese d1 drivers came down (i'm bad at names), and they all droved Australia's done up D1 cars...(sponsored by Signal and builted by local drift workshop)...

plenty of rwd cars here...australian own manufactured cars are rwd..and some are still finding it difficult to get good sponsorship from major companies...

But if you are thinking of US's drifting scene and trying to bring it to Malaysia at this point of time..in my opinion there's a very slim chance...US got the $$$ and big influence on drifting...(every country mostly follow US's trend)...

so dont get me wrong..i'm just giving out pointers on why HALF A DOZEN of D1 drivers and cars are abit far fetch..

maybe 1 or 2 drivers/cars...but definitely not half a dozen unless mr.LIM love to watch drifting and tongue

do tell me if i'm wrong.. :)

WAJA2003

Nov 14, 2003
Shah Alam
Visit site
Shah Alam car park lehhh...but not big lorrrr........
Sure bohhh D1 drifter come??? drift be come popular lohhh....
Sepang car park very very kasar 1 worrrrr....tyre fast gone lehhh.....
Local drifter can drift with D1 drifter?????
If can borrow 1 utama GIANT that is perfect....big n more spector come to view...
Chun...hope can done in this year..

fordrunger

Known Member
Nov 17, 2003
KL
how about the old subang airport runway or the plane parking bays(not the hangars)... or both? maybe have a course that joins the two...kinda like how top gear does the drifting shots onto the runway this time the other way around and around the parking bays... plus the terminal roofs could provide some great shots from high up...

beats going all the way to sepang...

recca82

Known Member
Nov 26, 2003
Klang
Visit site
Well, how bout bukit jalil carpark??? Fren did his drifting testing thr...not bad i can say...the area is wide enuf i think...hehee, me wanna C drift!!!

.S K A G E E.

500 RPM
Mar 12, 2004
Originally posted by zenki@Oct 5 2004, 23:06
half a dozen of D1 drivers and cars???

pls tell me you are joking...but if you are for real...i am curious which big company will be sponsoring those half a dozen of D1 cars and drivers to come down kl and do exhibition?

my main reason of doubting this is because:
1. msian lacking of rwd cars
2. malaysian public know nuts about drifting..or yet...SLIDING..
3. i cant see drifting growing without the supply of rwd cars...

i am not saying malaysian cant drift..even in australia....there's good drifters here..but still was only able to get 1 R31House from japan..
3 japanese d1 drivers came down (i'm bad at names), and they all droved Australia's done up D1 cars...(sponsored by Signal and builted by local drift workshop)...

plenty of rwd cars here...australian own manufactured cars are rwd..and some are still finding it difficult to get good sponsorship from major companies...

But if you are thinking of US's drifting scene and trying to bring it to Malaysia at this point of time..in my opinion there's a very slim chance...US got the $$$ and big influence on drifting...(every country mostly follow US's trend)...

so dont get me wrong..i'm just giving out pointers on why HALF A DOZEN of D1 drivers and cars are abit far fetch..

maybe 1 or 2 drivers/cars...but definitely not half a dozen unless mr.LIM love to watch drifting and tongue

do tell me if i'm wrong.. :)
Hi, Zenki. You highlighted a few very good points but I really can't see what you're trying to convey. Forgive me if I have misinterpreted you but what I gather is you are saying that 1) since no one/not many here in Malaysia knows anything about drifting ,its a waste of time to do a demo/exhibition here 2) Since Australia can't get D1 drifters over there,most probably Malaysia won't be able to do it 3) The sport won't grow cause the majority of the cars here are RWD

My apologies for my self indulgence but in my often twisted opinion, I would argue that;1) Drifting is an exciting spectator's sport which doesn't require deep understanding or love of the sport to enjoy . I can't see the rational of why a person who know every drifter by name or their car set up by heart would enjoy watching drifitng more than someone who is totaly clueless of it. I see no harm of bring them in here as I would see it as a source of inspiration and most importantly entertainment. 2) I believe its contacts that plays a major role on bringing people over and making things happen, rather than which country you come from. Having said that, I believe if anyone could bring them over, its most probably Midship as he works for a reputable and influential company in this industy which has the right contacts.3) Name me one country which majority are RWD? Japan? heeheheehee nope

My apologies again, as I'm most probably wrong :)

Midship: Sounds good but please don't make it at the begining of December..pleaseeeeeeee.:)

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all, i'm planning to buy a new engine on my wira aeroback 1.3..going for half-cut....my choice is Mivec 1.6+rear breakdisk but without putting in the dashboard,and bodykit to save my $$$$...i'm preparing about 7k in about 4 month...is it possible to get a rear breakdisk and mivec engine for only 7k...can u advise how much money should i prepare....

and can you guys list down what kind of meter can i put into my car ofter my mivec transplant example = autotimer,mivec...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience