CVT gearbox in honda jazz

jeweltag

Known Member
Oct 22, 2008
Hi anyone knows how to strengthen a honda jazz / city cvt gearbox? cvt not very reliable...any one knows how to swap gearbox instead? please help?:driver:

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
it's strong enough for the L15a and the K24a. The JDM Odyssey uses the CVT trans, coupled with a torque convertor.

why do you say that it's not strong? Subaru pioneered the use of the CVT transmission.

The reason Honda offered the GE and GM in 5 speed auto was because the CVT wasnt 'sporty' enough for our driving style.

It's strong, oh yes, up to around 250Nm is still safe.

If the CVT isnt your cup of tea, swap with a manual 'box from Thailand, Singapore or Indonesia.

Indonesia has plenty of the manual variants running around. Infact, it's the best selling transmission.

Wonder why HMSB doesnt want to introduce the much simpler (and cheaper) manual box

jeweltag

Known Member
Oct 22, 2008
the car dealers here are very weird ...infact they dont bring in alot of things

amran

Known Member
Dec 11, 2004
Hehehe. Business wise, there is some truth in that statement :)

jeweltag

Known Member
Oct 22, 2008
it's strong enough for the L15a and the K24a. The JDM Odyssey uses the CVT trans, coupled with a torque convertor.

why do you say that it's not strong? Subaru pioneered the use of the CVT transmission.

The reason Honda offered the GE and GM in 5 speed auto was because the CVT wasnt 'sporty' enough for our driving style.

It's strong, oh yes, up to around 250Nm is still safe.

If the CVT isnt your cup of tea, swap with a manual 'box from Thailand, Singapore or Indonesia.

Indonesia has plenty of the manual variants running around. Infact, it's the best selling transmission.

Wonder why HMSB doesnt want to introduce the much simpler (and cheaper) manual box
bro bien...CVT is belt driven , i drive a jazz and i dont think is anywhere as good as a standard auto gearbox...not to be compared to a mt gearbox...you know anywhere to convert to manual without problems after ?:idea:

bien335

1,500 RPM
Aug 3, 2009
Johor Bahru
actually, the CVT is THE BEST transmission, as it allows the engine to be in the 'sweetspot' over a certain range of roadspeed.

compared to a conventional manual/AT, the CVT is stepless, which provides smooth driving, and also allows the engine to be in the torque plateau for spritely acceleration. You will never be in the 'wrong gear' with a CVT.

Saying that CVT is not as good as MT or AT is not quite true.

As for the conversion, hit up our Thailand friends up north, or drive down to Singapore.

amdfaisal

4,000 RPM
Sep 6, 2004
Bawah jembatan
i think we have been overly bombarded with CVT problems in online forums (especially autoworld) but the funny thing is... the complainants have not been able to substantiate the problems they faced with the CVT. in a nutshell, i would say that telling a pack of lies online is very2 easy (i'm not calling anybody a liar here... pls don't get offended).

a few of my family members (at least 4) are using pre-FL honda city and they never had any problems with the car. all i keep on hearing are positive remarks/comments. well maybe they are lucky...

SachSeelan

Known Member
Oct 18, 2008
Area25
wifey just got a 2007 jazz vtec, i think its a brilliant town car.. gear ratio's are just nice and easy on the ride...

jeweltag

Known Member
Oct 22, 2008
feel alot better with good comments here actually...worst thing i ve heard is it last till around 120km then kaput....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

i just bought a rear set of TRD adjustable absorber(dark blue) from someone.
I have checked properly b4 i installed it to my car (No leaking and condition ok) but once installed, got some weird sound from the right side..like Kook Koook especially the road is rough. Anyone faced this problem b4? very headache.:mad:
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience