Converting a Satria Neo to 4WD

mona-vie

Mar 24, 2011
Singapore
I wonder if its possible to convert the Satria Neo to 4WD. I know lots of modification and customisation is required. But I know the its possible on the older Satria GTi. Just wonder if the Neo can do the same (at least the S2000 rally one is a 4WD).

I am just thinking an old Evo Engine and 4WD gearbox + diff will turn the neo into a real monster. Better than current FWD.

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

flanker c

Known Member
Jul 24, 2007
need cut rear floor for attachment evo4 rear gearbox axle.. but your car 100% will impound by jpj and seriously impossible can pass inspection..

mines998

1,000 RPM
Dec 1, 2010
Kuala Lumpur
I heard there is a way to endose those illegal setup but need lot of under table and the car cannot transfer ownership.

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
I heard there is a way to endose those illegal setup but need lot of under table and the car cannot transfer ownership.
then its not considered as endorsed because like you said the car cannot transfer ownership after that right
and that is because it would fail the transfer name inspection in a blink of an eye therefore at roadblocks as well they will issue you an inspection if your lucky or they could immediately decide to revoke your road tax when they spot the rear axle
and even in the case where you get an inspection you must remove the 4wd system but even then i think cannot pass because you would have cut the chassis a fair bit to fit the 4wd because as i know the neo and evo 4 floorplan is wayyy different in fact any evo for that matter with the neo
so either ways you cant endorse it and even in the event that some runner says he managed to endorse it somehow
guarantee 10000% the next road block u attend its going to be a shitty day
so i would suggest just dont try it
of course if its a track car just ignore all the crap ive said earlier and go for it
would be awesome to see a 4wd neo locally :biggrin: :top:

mona-vie

Mar 24, 2011
Singapore
how about endorse for 4g63t? possible for neo?
Can but I believe its illegal.

For my case, its also illegal as I am living in SG. Unless there is some way to get thru inspections w/o having them finding out. Perhaps the best way is to change engine cover (custom make a fiber glass one?). Then put proton name etc on it to make it look like a Campro engine.

Veloc

3,000 RPM
May 19, 2010
Sabah
Satria dono... Wira I seen before...

DanzEterna

Nov 1, 2007
PJ
www.primeperdanaclub.com
wira & perdana can cos the shaft longkang already there.....
if neo i dunno got anot...but i doubt it.
if wira easy for JPJ officers to spot...perdana abit difficult cos those alfa bumpers are
slightly lowered.

mitsu4G

Known Member
Jan 7, 2009
Johor Bahru
sorry for interrupting..neo with 4WD?seems nice..but its hard on the endorsement part, but nowadays anythng is possible, if u maintain sleeper look on the exterior wise n no loud loud exhaust when encounter roadblocks..maybe they didn't even notice..

anyways, its a hellava' project i might say..

Mohd Neo

Known Member
Dec 15, 2007
Floor cutting not really necessary but it will require alot of metal n bracket fabrication. Neo chassis got a huge longkang underneth it. Should be ngam2 for driveshaft n exaust piping itself. The best part is nobody will saw ur rear axle from behind as it covered by exaust muffler n bumper.. Cost? I has been quoted RM10k for 4wd convertion only :banghead:

kumar22mostwanted

1,500 RPM
Jan 9, 2010
HELL!!!
Not a chance? Then how come I see a lot of people (especially those who drive Wira) can transplanted their engine even from the lowest 4G13 to the highest 4G63T? I bet the power had already reach more than 25% from its previous engine.
lets say wira 1.6 so convert to 2.0 is just nice for 25% and also before they didnt have the rule that the only proton that can use a 2.0 engine is the perdana so wira 1.6 ,satria 1.6 putra 1.8 and gti 1.8 all could convert to 2.0 legally plus before even those 1.3 could convert to 2.0 somehow because the rules werent tight at all but this quite a while before 2005 like 2000
plus nowdays wira, satria and putra all can still convert to evo you just need a 4G67 block and u can bore it out and fit in evo pistons and wallah u have an evo engine transplanted and as for the jpj's concerns it is just a 1.8 block
4wd on the other hand has never been legal for proton cars unless it can be plug and play like the perdana eterna which was using the 4g63 engine last time you could plug and play the eterna 4wd system(rear axle) to the perdana body and it would be considered legal last time but now everything has changed so 4wd has no chance of surviving any road block let alone inspection in a proton car
at a roadblock u might get lucky as you can actualy hide the rear axle and long shaft behing your exhaust piping so the jpj guys cant see it unless they get under the car which they cant at a road block so you just have to keep ur car looking standard and they might give u the benefit of a doubt that you dont have the 4wd system and let u pass

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hello just wana ask.

anyone here know where to custom make floor mat for cars?

i've seen a civic with nice looking 3M custom floor mat.
and sew at the edges also the honda logo in the center.

any idea ?
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience