Converted Lancer to Evo

txperimental

Known Member
Apr 18, 2006
Yo guys,
I like to check with the experts out there if those converted Lancer to Evo are safe to use and legal or not (esp the 4wd drivetrain)?
I'm planning to buy one for weekend track use. So I am not willing to one an original Evo 5 / 6 to be trashed like that? I really don't mind if it doesn't give me 100% of the original Evo performance. 90% is ok :)))
Can anyone please share their experience with me?

Thanks

lan evo

3,000 RPM
Nov 24, 2003
Visit site
there are quite a few similiar topic.try use search function,u will find the answer

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
which lancer are you planning to convert /or buy? the mx ck chasis or cm chasis?

txperimental

Known Member
Apr 18, 2006
Actually I am not so familiar with Mitsubishi, so I don't know what is the difference between MX, CX or CM chassis, can you educate me? In the mean time i'll try to search for the info in MLOC. thanks

leslie said:
which lancer are you planning to convert /or buy? the mx ck chasis or cm chasis?

leslie

2,000 RPM
Aug 14, 2004
Here goes.

96-99 Lancers:
CK2A-SNJA/SRJA - MX normal 1.5/1.3 (2WD FF)
CK2A-SNXM/SRUA - Lancer MX Saloon 1.5 (2WD FF)
CK2A-SRPM/SNPM - Lancer MX touring (2WD FF)

CM2A-SNXM - MX Saloon 1.5 (4WD)
CM5A-SRXM - MX Saloon GSR 1.8turbo (4WD)

Fyi lar..evo:
CN9A - Evolution IV
CP9A - Evolution V,VI (and TME)
CT9A - Evolution VII

For conversion wise, the legal conversion would be the CM2A and CM5A(rare) lancers as they
are original 4WD. For 2WD chasis, they can kacau lar if u convert to 4WD. Ask u to go inspection
lar..dismantle lar..bla.bla..bla.
However as we all aware, this is boleh land lar..if u got the face on that paper, can
always work out something lor. Get my drift.....

Do some readup on our previous postings and discussion on conversion.

Hope this helps..
welcome to mitsu community in advance ! ;P

originally posted by B18c-r

Last edited:

txperimental

Known Member
Apr 18, 2006
Do you guys know how much it cost to convert a Lancer MX to Evo 6.5 look but with GSR engine (including the rear disc brake) and where I could possibly get it done?
Thanks for your info guys.

DewA_LavaU

1,500 RPM
Jan 11, 2004
Bintulu
halo

is there anyone already convert CS3A '06 lancer to evo7?
7.5k for full front facia conversion is too expensive for me,unless got my bonus at the end of this year hehehe:shades_smile: .if there's any cheap 'lubang' can source out please share the information here.thanks :regular_smile:

Mistaken_Identity

2,000 RPM
Aug 11, 2005
Johore Bahru
DewA_LavaU said:
is there anyone already convert CS3A '06 lancer to evo7?
7.5k for full front facia conversion is too expensive for me,unless got my bonus at the end of this year hehehe:shades_smile: .if there's any cheap 'lubang' can source out please share the information here.thanks :regular_smile:
Bro...
I've just upgraded my E7 to C-WEST bodykits & I'm thinking of disposing off my ORI E7 COMPLETE BODYKITS ( FRONT & REAR BONNET, FRONT & REAR BUMPER, SIDE SKIRTS, SIDE FENDER, REAR SPOILER & REAR LAMP)....If U're interested, PM me your offer...Cheers!!!

omnikron

Known Member
Dec 13, 2005
if your are going on track, why don't u get a (unregistered) recond or new car, then register it as a track car.

that way you get a quality assured car, minus the high price.

and integra type-R cost maybe < 80k can get liau. ( not sure, never done it myself)

if you want to a street legal car, thats going to cost you much more. do you have a budget?

just use your daily car, and get a track car for track use. save you lots of headache and money.

as for those converted cars. comparing real boobs vs augmented boobs sure got difference. while the first few years it looks normal. once the chassis goes old, the boobs will look fugly. i would still ask you to go for the real thing. bearing in mind, a converted evo's maintenence will cost the same as a real evo anyway.

Last edited:

DDgreystar

2,000 RPM
Sep 20, 2004
well said OMNIKRON....... liked I said before...."nothing beats a true blue evo" (or is dat bluerager ? ) hahahahaha

DewA_LavaU

1,500 RPM
Jan 11, 2004
Bintulu
Mistaken_Identity said:
Bro...
I've just upgraded my E7 to C-WEST bodykits & I'm thinking of disposing off my ORI E7 COMPLETE BODYKITS ( FRONT & REAR BONNET, FRONT & REAR BUMPER, SIDE SKIRTS, SIDE FENDER, REAR SPOILER & REAR LAMP)....If U're interested, PM me your offer...Cheers!!!
bro.UGPM.

20v_ke35

Known Member
Feb 7, 2005
Ipoh, Perak D R
To all MLO,

I'm considering to buy a CK2A. How much does I need to buy visualy transform (that mean just the bodykit) it to a EVO 5? How about EVO 6? and TM 6.5? Any place in mind?

tombstone

1,000 RPM
Mar 1, 2005
sorry wanna ask ar....

anybody got evo 5 or 6 or 6.5 tme COMPLETE ORIGINAL bodykit for sale?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My buddy has been preparing& welcoming his new baby.... a black princess

Doing alot of goggling & detailing research...I specifically asked him to pick up this ride under a bright noon day sun.....

but due to his busy schedule.....he only managed to pick it at 11pm & by them time he reach home, just prior giving this baby a new shower....under his porch lamp......he discovered ...

lots of micro Marring & thousands of fine scratches all over the car....But how can it be ...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience