Converted Car Chassis. Is it worth it?

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
perdana has choice to go up to 2.5 litre. 6a13tt if im not mistaken. There only 1 story i heard, perdana owner able to get puspakom approval on engine mounting change, but Proton mod the mounting. Seems legit to get puspakom approved in this case.

if proton does not have the 25%, there are alot of protonolution out there. :smokin:
I heard about this story before from Danzeterna too. Apparently this owner did modifications to the firewall with the help from Proton's engineers to get it all done legally. But this 6A13TT choice is an uncommon one. Most will just go for 4G63T since they are lighter, easier to get parts and less trouble to swap.

haha...stop them before it goes crazy.......:biggrin:
Already got the way to go around this rule but need more money. 4G67 block with 4G63T pistons and other parts.

haha perdanas.... duno if anyone pandai pandai shove in a terbalik 6a13.... something tells me somehow.. someone would probably have tried.....

back then... so many accidents involving those crazy evo converted cars with almost 0 attention to safety.... hantam pokok, the car literally obliterate themselves. there's a thread on these things here on zth long ago i think...
Go Youtube, can find a video. Here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC7Aa2NuA38

There is one thread about a horror crash involving a Satria with 4G63T engine. Can search for it here.

Now we can probably conclude that Proton's chassis cannot take that much stress from 4G63T. But how about Honda cars? Those Civic with K20A? Will they develop cracks on chassis or they can withstand it? To be honest, I'm actually surprised that these K series swap on older Civic is allowed because modifications to mounting is definitely needed. Meanwhile, older Proton cars cannot be swapped with those newer 'terbalik' CK 4G9 and 4G6 engines legally. Not even the newer 4G15 turbo found in Colt is allowed...

vr2turbo

Beyond 20,000 RPM!
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
Im one of em...perdanalution, having perdana chassis is ok,doesnt feel light and stable at *high speed cruise 140-180. I would say 200 is max for comfort cruise. Perdana chassis la. Even so, the mounting weld cant support the torque 4g63t produce, saw few the welding spot koyak.

*Please do this at your own risk. During application, please make sure your engine and driveterrain at optimum performance. Dont cheapskate on tyre. :rofl:

Need to find that thread...
Perdanalution is legal mah, Wiralution cannot.....lol:biggrin:

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
I heard about this story before from Danzeterna too. Apparently this owner did modifications to the firewall with the help from Proton's engineers to get it all done legally. But this 6A13TT choice is an uncommon one. Most will just go for 4G63T since they are lighter, easier to get parts and less trouble to swap.

Already got the way to go around this rule but need more money. 4G67 block with 4G63T pistons and other parts.

Go Youtube, can find a video. Here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SC7Aa2NuA38

There is one thread about a horror crash involving a Satria with 4G63T engine. Can search for it here.

Now we can probably conclude that Proton's chassis cannot take that much stress from 4G63T. But how about Honda cars? Those Civic with K20A? Will they develop cracks on chassis or they can withstand it? To be honest, I'm actually surprised that these K series swap on older Civic is allowed because modifications to mounting is definitely needed. Meanwhile, older Proton cars cannot be swapped with those newer 'terbalik' CK 4G9 and 4G6 engines legally. Not even the newer 4G15 turbo found in Colt is allowed...
my god... so much work needed to shove that 6a13 in.... the 6a13 is easier shoved into cars which are terbalik... only a crazy guy would try shove it into the perdana...

for kswaps, i also question why its allowed... makes no sense...
in their case, they can just buy off the shelf hasport mounts for the kswaps but dont know why its allowed since those are not the original mounts...

as to why old protons cannot swap to the newer ck 4g6/9's... wwell for one dah memang not allowed to shove in 2L engines.... and secondly.. wah mounts all kene fabricate.... heck even the neo which is already terbaliked needs another mount welded in.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
my god... so much work needed to shove that 6a13 in.... the 6a13 is easier shoved into cars which are terbalik... only a crazy guy would try shove it into the perdana...

for kswaps, i also question why its allowed... makes no sense...
in their case, they can just buy off the shelf hasport mounts for the kswaps but dont know why its allowed since those are not the original mounts...

as to why old protons cannot swap to the newer ck 4g6/9's... wwell for one dah memang not allowed to shove in 2L engines.... and secondly.. wah mounts all kene fabricate.... heck even the neo which is already terbaliked needs another mount welded in.
The 6A13TT project is just for the sake of uniqueness like dare to be different. Perhaps for the V6 engine sound also. If is about power, 4G63T is the much easier way.

I start to think that except Proton or maybe Perodua other kinds of ridiculous swap involving mounting modification can be passed somehow. Look at those older BMW or maybe Mercedes. People swapping in RB or JZ engines into them and yet still able to endorse. Actually, can these BMW or Mercedes chassis able to withstand the power of these powerful 6 cylinder engines?

Maybe 4G63T CK type is not allowed because of the 2 litre thing. Then how bout those CK 4G93T or 4G92 MIVEC. I know the mounts need to be fabricated but isn't that the same for other cars with engine transplant from different makes? Again, probably because they are Proton.

sweelt

2,000 RPM
Nov 6, 2016
Penang
talk about bmw ijz, my fren old bmw collecting rust. He give up. Cant get good mecahnic kut. :hmmmm:
He planning to swap 1jz into toyota crown.

RENESIS VIII

7,000 RPM
Jun 13, 2012
Ipoh
talk about bmw ijz, my fren old bmw collecting rust. He give up. Cant get good mecahnic kut. :hmmmm:
He planning to swap 1jz into toyota crown.
So, is like can't transplant to BMW and now change plan to transplant to Crown?

peterj

1,000 RPM
Apr 27, 2010
Kuching
That is a 1.8L engine, right? how to transfer the 4G63 stuff in?
Identical block, like 91 92 93,need rebore and put in all the internal from 4g63,redo oil squiters etc.. Much more job

lsm1991

1,000 RPM
Sep 30, 2011
PJ
The 6A13TT project is just for the sake of uniqueness like dare to be different. Perhaps for the V6 engine sound also. If is about power, 4G63T is the much easier way.

I start to think that except Proton or maybe Perodua other kinds of ridiculous swap involving mounting modification can be passed somehow. Look at those older BMW or maybe Mercedes. People swapping in RB or JZ engines into them and yet still able to endorse. Actually, can these BMW or Mercedes chassis able to withstand the power of these powerful 6 cylinder engines?

Maybe 4G63T CK type is not allowed because of the 2 litre thing. Then how bout those CK 4G93T or 4G92 MIVEC. I know the mounts need to be fabricated but isn't that the same for other cars with engine transplant from different makes? Again, probably because they are Proton.
hehe next time i show you something very interesting....hehehe

marsha1l_v6

500 RPM
Aug 1, 2013
Kuala Lumpur
Its sad to see old gen bmw like e36 plonk in jdm engine. Having powerful NA engine is fun and for now, halfcut for e36 is quite cheap compare to jdm. I thought there is thread in zth v8 iinm plonk in e34 kut. not sure.

Im not sure, but for conti car there is no 25% rule for engine swapping? is it true?

hehe next time i show you something very interesting....hehehe
I wonder what is it :rofl:

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

hi all, got this problem after transplant to 6a12TT. My car now like not enough voltage, everytime I open door, my alarm system auto switch on hazard light (both signal lamp blinking)..when that happen, all inside-car lamp,clock,warning light keep fade in-fade out following that hazard light.According Volt meter in my Apexi TT,reading are 13.5-14.0 with engine idling. And when I keep pressing my auto window..voltage drop 1 by 1 till 13.0...I got pivot raisin VS installed but no G-cable as my...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience