convert single cam to twin cam 4g91

jackkool007

Feb 12, 2007
Hi all,

I would like to know is it possible to change a 4g15 engine to a twin cam 4g91 engine by just inserting a 4g91 engine and using the same 4g15 ,gearbox ,extractor and so on.

jackkool007

Feb 12, 2007
hi,

I have read both the posts but i think i need a little more clarifications.

right now im driving an old 4g15 carb, my mechanic said that he has an engine lantai 4g91, he advised me to change to 4g91 for better performance but all the others remain as original. My doubt over here is wouldn't by just changing to 4g91 engine and using the ori gear box would effect the ride ( as in performance and FC) as im not very sure wif the gear ratio ( does my original 4g15 gear box really suits the 4g91 engine) , and what about the other gadgets that is embedded to the engine..

Bump: The labour for convertion + 4g91 engine lantai costs = RM 2500.00... is that price ok

Last edited:

SkYwAlKeR

Over 10,000 RPM!
Mar 12, 2005
ePoh ~ malacca
Visit site
Hi all,

I would like to know is it possible to change a 4g15 engine to a twin cam 4g91 engine by just inserting a 4g91 engine and using the same 4g15 ,gearbox ,extractor and so on.
what u mean by inserting a 4g91 engine and using the same 4g15??... :hmmmm:

4g91 is 4g91.... 4g15 is 4g15... datz 2 separate piece of engine...

as for other parts... yes u can use back ur 4g15 gearbox... no u cannot use back ur 4g15 extractor....

jackkool007

Feb 12, 2007
what u mean by inserting a 4g91 engine and using the same 4g15??... :hmmmm:

4g91 is 4g91.... 4g15 is 4g15... datz 2 separate piece of engine...

as for other parts... yes u can use back ur 4g15 gearbox... no u cannot use back ur 4g15 extractor....

Sorry that was a typo, its actually inserting a 4g91 engine and using the original gearbox. Owh so there should not be any problem using the same gear box.. and i have to change the extractor as well to 4g91 extractor.

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
ya ya...
Gear box & brake sytem can use...
But ECU, wiring with air flow sensor & radiator u need to change...

I might doubt...2.5k...includeing air-conditioning system???
Ur compressor piping & condensor(4G91 wide & thin) need to be suit with ur wide radiator instead of now...4G15 is small leh...
My fren 4G15 ask for 1.6 or 1.8 radiator also need bot RM600 including air-con condensor!!!

Gear box is not much expensive...but the gear ratio can help u on hi end torque around 160KM/H above!!!

4G15 gearbox i guess u ramp like hell during hi speeding!!!

jackkool007

Feb 12, 2007
Nop the RM2.5k is not including air-conditioning system....

Another thing, i would like to seek advise from u guys.....

Is it wise to change to 4g91 engine and remain the ori gear box OR is it better if i remain my 4g15carb engine n play the internals by changing to 4g18 crankshaft n pistons..Please advise in the aspect of performance, and fc for both methods.

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com
u r siemens ecu or MMC ecu...
Guidelines:
1994 to 2002 = MMC (able to adjust throttle body timeing bu srew driver)
end of 2002 to up to date = Siemens = use electrontic chipset to tuning!

Siemens not able to change...
Seek for wira 1.5 SE mod forum!:biggrin:

tajulsans

1,000 RPM
Jul 31, 2004
Soo Bang
u r siemens ecu or MMC ecu...
Guidelines:
1994 to 2002 = MMC (able to adjust throttle body timeing bu srew driver)
end of 2002 to up to date = Siemens = use electrontic chipset to tuning!

Siemens not able to change...
Seek for wira 1.5 SE mod forum!:biggrin:
Bro, he already mentioned he is using 4g15 carbie ler..

Is it wise to change to 4g91 engine and remain the ori gear box OR is it better if i remain my 4g15carb engine n play the internals by changing to 4g18 crankshaft n pistons..Please advise in the aspect of performance, and fc for both methods.
Clarify with ur mech on the engine because there are 2 variant of 4g91 engine, carbie & injection. I'm quite sure it is carbie as injection will require a lot of mod to fit, even have to change to injection fuel tank. I would say, try to get a quote from your mech for everything included until ur car is back on the road again. Its much safer this way & u will get the big picture of it. U will be surprise how much the "other things" u'll need to add up, but once the engine is in place, sure u'll want to settle every other things as well, then regret also no point edi..

Using a 4g91 with 4g15 gearbox is not si different la.. yah, the fuel consumption maybe slightly higher, but onli slightly.. u might even feel it more fuel saving if u drive in town alot.. for highway cruising, ofcoz it will rev a little higher la..

JackWaiKit

Known Member
Aug 9, 2008
www.friendster.com

Crank shaft seem to be diff. for 4g1X between 4g9X series...i guess...

Ya correct...fuel pump not confirm...but fuel tank not neccassary gua...i guess...
Unless the fuel pump is diff...better change the whole fuel supply system...

May the injector provided?
I guess will!

Get ur foreman a proper list of the part!!!
ECU, wiring, radiator,......not sure the tachometer might impact also!!!

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

My back neighbours car in Bandar Puteri Puchong kena break in yesterday night... I dun know what to say redi lah... His car is old car also they target lah.. his sound system all gone. Speakers, woofers and CD player...

Im just waiting for my turn lah.... dun know when my car going to kena since i park my car outside of the gate. :(
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience