convert Campro to CPS / IAFM?

chl2080

chl2080

Jul 4, 2006
Dear sifus,

just wonder stock campro could be upgrade into CPS / IAFM (may spell wrongly),

- If for IAFM - how much gain in hp / pick-up? cost?
- for CPS, possible or complete engine change? again the cost & Hp comparison?

thank in advance for feedback.

cheers......

evo4g63

500 RPM

evo4g63

500 RPM
May 29, 2004
PJ
www.zerotohundred.com
Hi bro,

IAFM - thus is a system where given better power during low torque and provide better fuel efficiency.... not much improvemnt in HP.

whereas to convert to cPS engine- u need to change complete new harness.... ecu... end of the day cost of convert to CPS engine is more or less to convert to MMC evos or mivec engine... but u only get extra 15hp from current cam no pro engine... cps hp is 125 and campro is 110

black_ice

Known Member

black_ice

Known Member
May 12, 2005
K.L
no point change to CPS...just change extractor, exhaust system (not cap ayam), cam, ecu, etc etc....

i guess u can gain at least 10 to 15 hp easily...so use ur money wisely...or even u can try bolt-on-turbo..but reliability is an issue...

neuspeed

Known Member

neuspeed

Known Member
May 7, 2006
Let me share my experience in playin wit campro. my project was to install turbo. i use TD04 (GSR) then change the piston to toyota supercharge, undercoat wit ceramic. i leave the crankshaf/rod in stock. added metal head gasket,necessary plumbing, wastegate+blowoff, fuel regulator n unichip. set up boost 0.8.. n the power not bad at all...
if u looking for juz showin duss duss, juz install turbo on stock campro
but if u seriously looking for power engine, go for evo.. becoz of dat, i gave my gen2 to my bro n i currently playin wit E30.. conclusion.. no need cps, get the EVO for god sake!! hehee

ham

Known Member

ham

Known Member
Jan 11, 2006
Let me share my experience in playin wit campro. my project was to install turbo. i use TD04 (GSR) then change the piston to toyota supercharge, undercoat wit ceramic. i leave the crankshaf/rod in stock. added metal head gasket,necessary plumbing, wastegate+blowoff, fuel regulator n unichip. set up boost 0.8.. n the power not bad at all...
if u looking for juz showin duss duss, juz install turbo on stock campro
but if u seriously looking for power engine, go for evo.. becoz of dat, i gave my gen2 to my bro n i currently playin wit E30.. conclusion.. no need cps, get the EVO for god sake!! hehee

agree...
now got many gen2 are using bolt on turbo or supercharger.....

if you like to play with n/a, used a pigyback like unichip....

boyzone

2,000 RPM

boyzone

2,000 RPM
Mar 13, 2005
Supercharge in Campro? Need to upgrade ecu?
What is the cost?
Pls advise.. Thanks.

ham

Known Member

ham

Known Member
Jan 11, 2006
Supercharge in Campro? Need to upgrade ecu?
What is the cost?
Pls advise.. Thanks.

got few stage...
u can go to gen2 club...kl member..
many of their member done it...

Aug 20, 2008
install aftermarket camshaft, campulley, crankpulley, ex-manifold need to use piggyb ka?

Bump: install aftermarket camshaft, campulley, crankpulley, ex-manifold need to use piggyb ka?

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

Hi there.

I just recently bought a 2 inch tachometer online, but it doesnt come with a manual. I have searched this forum on how to install this myself, but, still not much help. Im driving a staria injection, and would like to DIY the installation myself, for the fun of it.

However, my knowledge on the car circuitry is nil, so I kinda need help with pictures on how to install. the meter itself comes with 6 wires:

2 red
1 green
2 black
1 orange.

All i know is that black is to...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience