Conversion of 3.0L to 2.5L engine A32

kitlinchai

Sep 21, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Hi All,

I am going to convert my A32 3.0L engine to 2.5L engine. I have a mechanic quoted me about 5k for engine kosong, labour charge and JPJ clearance. Is it reasonable ? I wish to get a second opinion/quotation before I commit myself. I live in Putrajaya and my office is in KL. Would appreciate it very much if someone here could provide me with alternative workshop that is reliable and reasonable.

Regards
Kit

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
i just changed my engine a 2.5L to 2.5L due to oil leaks, and i've also changed quite a number of wear & tear items (original belts, original rotors, original engine mounting, bulb housing, service aircon, new spark plugs [all 6], original plug coils [recon], original bushings, gear switches, all oil seals, fuel filter), my total so far with JPJ endorsement is close to 6K.

if just change engine and all the other items are still in good condition, i believe it'll be around that price or slightly less, main thing is the condition of the engine you're changing to.

if you want my mechanic to quote, PM me for contact.

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- 6 hour anti-bump limit - Previous post was at 02:23 PM ----------

another area of concern you may want to double confirm is that whether the 3.0L to 2.5L conversion quoted includes the wire harness for 2.5L as it's different. not to mention the gearbox, i've read in some threads that some are facing FC issues. not to mention that the ECU for 2.5L and 3.0L is different

maybe some of the seniors cefiro sifu here can assist?

sb3

1,000 RPM
Apr 22, 2005
Yes, bro chteo is right, converting 3.0 to 2.5 if not half-cut at least get ecu,wiring harness, injectors (plus the fuel rail). The car would b able to start up w/out those items but it will run rich. Of course this would hurt the drivability and and your wallet too (high fuel consumption ) if it's like rm5000.00 for the engine kosong why not pay a little bit more for the whole half-cut. Lots of items can replace and you 'll have loads of parts to spare. Just my 2 cents.

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
chop shops in USJ giving better prices than Mun Lee, do scout around that area if you're free

Cheongxp

Known Member
Oct 22, 2010
Selangor
Chteo!
Looks u done the engine repair by change engine.

How is pick up compare with previous ? Also FC !
Air intake route same like last time or follow original route ?
Last time heard from u that pick up & FC better than mine.

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
Chteo!
Looks u done the engine repair by change engine.

How is pick up compare with previous ? Also FC !
Air intake route same like last time or follow original route ?
Last time heard from u that pick up & FC better than mine.
yup, changed the engine and replaced quite a number of wear & tear items..maybe i can discard my wallet also since nothing to hold anymore...hahaha

Summary:
1. Pick up = As good as before and still beats your, and power is better as I don't lose compression/vacuum (whatever they call it)
2. FC = Decreased! if i drive like uncle, i can get around 50 to 70km more on 60%city, 40% highway
3. Air intake route = Same as before, no change.. (ROAR!!!)

kitlinchai

Sep 21, 2009
Kuala Lumpur
Thanks chteo and sb3 for the advice. my 3.0 engine is running well st the moment. touch wood! I am wondering whether to convert now or wait till the engine gives problem? what kind of FC improvement can I expect ? and what kind of power lost that i should expect?
Regards and wish all here a merry christmas

chteo

Known Member
Dec 9, 2010
Subang
bro kitlinchai, if your engine is still running fine, then don't change now, yen is rising, means chop shop parts will peg their price (even old stocks) against the yen...

FC wise, i'm not sure between 3.0 and 2.5, but that depends alot on your right foot and driving condition.

for me on my 2.5, on a lazy foot, i can get 550km full tank mixed (50/50) driving, on hardworking, maybe 400+, but averages 450km easily

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

This is my boss's car. The paint was in terrible condition upon delivery. Defects were all over and deep. Pictures shall talk.

Full of swirls and watermark etching. Generous amount of random deep scratches too.

A closer look

The least aggressive method was tried. A light...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience