Conversion GSR 1.8 Turbo (4G93T) - Wira/Satria/Putra

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
If brakes issue then cannot be helped, you need larger rim/tyres. Most still use15 over 16 is because of tyre choices and orice
You can leave tyre sizing for last. I assume you're currently on 15 now. So after engine change, see how often it squeals and gives up traction. If you cant get the tyre to squeal, why make your wallet squeal?

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Now that you mentioned torque, would a stock GSR that's overboosted 1.0 bar with locked 4wd autobox be able to produce more than 35kgm or 350nm? Don't think it's possible, isn't it?

Your autobox is from GSR? It comes with eco/power mode? What would the eco/power mode do? Does it delay the gear changes in power mode to a higher RPM bandwidth and vice versa with eco mode? It'll be great if you can share a little on the autobox twerks.

Also, I don't think stock GSR can go beyond 180 due to speedcut, isn't it? Pivot, RSM, or some form of speedcut alteration device is probably required. I'll probably do it too once I have GSR swapped in my Wira.

In this case, I'll need 6k spring rate for front coilovers due to the autobox? It's that heavy ke? Oh my.

I live at Kota Kemuning. Is it near to AEON Bukit Rimau by any chance?
GSR autobox is rated at 26kgm torque. You can push it up to 10-20% more from the rated max torque.

Yup. My autobox is from a 93T gsr. The way my mech does it is they just remove the transfer case to make it run as 2WD. No need to lock any gears.

ECO mode runs the torque converter at low rpm and doesnt let you hold the gears until redline. It'll shift at 2.2k-3k rpm. Cruising at 140-160kmh, the rpm is low in the range of 4.5k-5k rpm (auto revcut is set at 6.5k rpm). PWR mode (or HOLD in some models) runs the torque converter at higher rpm. It'll pull the car way faster and let the gearbox run at its specified gear ratio. Meaning, it'll cruise like a short ratio gearbox. Cruising 140-160kmh, the rpm is in the high range of 5k-5.5k rpm. Mind you, the final drive for the gsr autobox is 4.7 and it takes 8 litres of ATF if you empty it. Also, the gearbox is twice the size of a standard 2WD autobox. Hence the need for 6k springs at the front.

Install pivot or remove the revcut at the ECU.

My mech is at Jalan Bukit Kemuning. Upwork Racing Workshop. PM me and we'll set a time we can go to the workshop and get a proper quote.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
reply already! hahahahah

stock with light mods? different people, different definition of "light" hahahahah

though, would overboosting from 0.6 to 1.0 bar be tolerable for the engine? reduced lifespan is understandable, though, not pedal to metal from every stop should be fine qua, kan?
1 bar boost with stock internals ok laa. no worries. get piggyback or management to fine tune it.

sanekit

1,500 RPM
Dec 9, 2015
Petaling Jaya
Was thinking 16 inch incase my Evo brakes cant fit nicely. Also, tyre choices macam wider. 205/50/16 should have the same amount of sidewall or slightly more than 195/55/15, so should still be able to absorb the road similarly like yours. Just that, any additional/unnecessary unsprung weight would be bad for FC and pickup lu. Sakit one time, janji drive syok hahahah
evo calipers can clear aftermarket 15" wheels. hehe

vr2turbo

((( God Level 30,000 RPM )))
Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You can leave tyre sizing for last. I assume you're currently on 15 now. So after engine change, see how often it squeals and gives up traction. If you cant get the tyre to squeal, why make your wallet squeal?
Nice way to put it, make wallet squeal......hhahhahhahaha

parakey

1,000 RPM
Apr 30, 2012
Kuala Lumpur
Nice way to put it, make wallet squeal......hhahhahhahaha
Memang wallet bising. First time buying not so painful cause you have expectations.
Later after getting used to it & have to periodically replace, you will hear more of the gut wrenching sounds..

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
15" can get sub RM200 some times, if not RM200 plus. Performance 17" mostly double up......lol

niklys

Known Member
Feb 6, 2016
Selangor
You’re right. If we cant make our tyre squeal, why make our wallet squeal? Hahahahaha!

Though, to clear Evo brakes safely, probably will go for 16, just to have a little more clearance for the wheels and brakes.

^pomen_GTR^

7,000 RPM
May 13, 2010
The Mines
Probably going to give 6k/4k a go, since the box macam heavy and my rear also heavy.

Since i might have 3 people sitting at the rear once awhile, i think 4k spring rate is required. Daily drive, sure got people sit de especially my team members for lunch session. Janji dont sagat can d hahahaha

as long as u have bodyshift function and soft-hard function on adjustable, then easier to tweak the setting later

vr2turbo

Helmet Clan
May 11, 2010
Petaling Jaya
You’re right. If we cant make our tyre squeal, why make our wallet squeal? Hahahahaha!

Though, to clear Evo brakes safely, probably will go for 16, just to have a little more clearance for the wheels and brakes.
Just survey around on the cost of rims and tyres between the sizes before you decide and also tyre choices and availability....

Random Post Every 5 Minutes

How to differenciate Mivec engine

As everyone knows there several types of mivec engine in malaysia. Especially
4g92 mivec, i managed to found out model like

1st gen Mivec Model CA4A
2nd Gen Mivec Model CJ4A/CK4A

but when i discuss this with typical Cinaman foremen they said they differenciate with wiring eg:- 3 wire normal mivec or 4 wire mivec md.

Still i cant make the difference on how to identify 1st generation and 2nd generation with them.

Any one...
Ask a question, start a discussion or post something for sale!
Post thread

Online now

Enjoying Zerotohundred?

Log-in for an ad-less experience